Mens Tennis Forums banner

What kind of mtf would you want to have?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Xenforo is more secure and better looking. The problem is mtf chose a theme that is really bad. It looks very plain. You can take a look at the site in my signature or the xenforo forum itself. It looks better than this theme.
Better looking is debatable, but it is not safer than vBulletin cause both are based on outdated php which is why I find this update so useless. Xenforo is basically the same like vB for safety reasons, their only way how it got gdpr proof is cause of limited editing skills and limitation on handing permissions to members of forums (such as mods/admins). Oh, and obviously it’s a lot cheaper and easier to handle than vB, but even that isn’t enough for Steve.

There are tons of other options to upgrade the former mtf to more modern and current style based on more widely used script programming language, zilch scrutiny has been done tho. Hence this a badly prepared update where we mods are handcuffed

·
Registered
24,685 Posts
yes, please bring the old one back
:love:

·
23,006 Posts
It feels like there's so much white space here compared to the previous one. Also at least in the last format, people do have the option of going back to the old format with the new infrastructure. I do like 2017(?) change but while posting has been much quicker it seems to bring too few options to personalize. I also agree that it would be nice to have a link that you can directly go to the latest post in mobile.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
There must be a way to bring the old smilies back. That and changing the color to blue should do it for many.

On other hand it's much easier now to insert pics and gifs 👍

QUESTION: How to insert YT vids now?

·
Registered
261 Posts
There must be a way to bring the old smilies back. That and changing the color to blue should do it for many.

That is the MOST important thing.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts

There is, of course, a way to use different styles of smilies. Not sure if all old smilies could be brought back - it's possible VS just deleted those files from their servers (they weren't even stored in one place, something I had urged them to fix for months and they never did). But installing a different smiley pack is a matter of minutes, ditto with different visual themes.
However, I wouldn't hold my breath. There are way more critical issues such as admin/mod tools that are missing, and they don't even seem to be bothered by those.

To insert a YT video you can simply post the URL of the video.

P.S. I didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if it's just for venting purposes or some people actually hope the migration could be reversed. The old forum is not coming back. The best we can do as a community is to put pressure on VS to address the problems in this new one and accept that many of them won't be addressed any time soon if at all. It sucks, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is, of course, a way to use different styles of smilies. Not sure if all old smilies could be brought back - it's possible VS just deleted those files from their servers (they weren't even stored in one place, something I had urged them to fix for months and they never did). But installing a different smiley pack is a matter of minutes, ditto with different visual themes.
Yes, shouldn't be hard at all. Old smilies is much much better than this flood of weird symbols.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Yes, shouldn't be hard at all. Old smilies is much much better than this flood of weird symbols.
🤼‍♂️⚾🥎⛸⛳🏉🥏🏹🏄‍♀️🤺🚐🚐🆚✴🈷🆑💢🔱🏁

·
Registered
370 Posts
Light mode is terrible (too bright, like looking at the Sun!) but Dark mode is actually somewhat OK, although it maybe feels a bit too dark at times (for those of us who are not that used to dark mode). It would help if an intermediary "Classic mode" color theme would be added which would mimic the color theme of the old forum as closely as possible. Don't know if that's possible at all but that would probably temper the outrage against the new forum design as users would at least get their familiar color scheme back.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
All your suggestions should go to the dedicated thread. VS doesn't read GM (the majority probably doesn't even know about its existence). In Community Feedback Steve addresses at least some of the points raised. The more "noise" re less eye bleed inducing theme and normal smilies is made, the higher is the chance those changes, which are definitely possible and fairly simple, are implemented.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I'm for the 3rd option - fully functional and properly designed forum. But I know that the 3rd option will stay out of the question as usual.
That would cost work & w money, You do know these "people" run 30 other websites? They really don't give a flying frankfurter which iw what all you guys lived for

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
That would cost work & w money, You do know these "people" run 30 other websites? They really don't give a flying frankfurter which iw what all you guys lived for
30? You have underestimated VerticalScope. 4 years ago, the news was that VS owned more than 600 online forums alone, and should easily own more than that number now. VS is big in forums and websites acquisition business. They have acquired many popular online forums and websites during the past two or three years, and some forums have several million users. MTF (63,200 members, approx.) is a very small forum in comparison.

On edit: VS claims it owns 1000+ online forums, communities, and websites on its website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the new forum! Befoe I couldnt zoom in on my phone which is my first priority since I have very bad sight. Well I could live with it as this is not the problem of the masses. But also it loeaded very slowly on my phone. And I like the more clear design. It is more comprehensible and self explaining.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Usually, I point and laugh at all the dipshits being scared and outraged while things change a little bit and they can't do their usual routines anymore. The fear of change is the main reason our world is such a mess.

That being said, I think we can all agree that the new MTF is such giant reach in a not flushed yet toilet that for once I have to support the "make MTF great again" movement.

I don't pay shit to be here, so in the end, I have to cope with the shit that is spilled out. But for everyone who actually pays for this shitshow, I can only recommend to organize a revolution that will shatter the foundations of MTF forever.

Merry Christmas everyone. Don't forget to get properly drunk to avoid to much trauma induced from your fucked up family 😘

·
Registered
261 Posts
All your suggestions should go to the dedicated thread. VS doesn't read GM (the majority probably doesn't even know about its existence). In Community Feedback Steve addresses at least some of the points raised. The more "noise" re less eye bleed inducing theme and normal smilies is made, the higher is the chance those changes, which are definitely possible and fairly simple, are implemented.
I've complained about smilies like a million times.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts