Mens Tennis Forums banner

What kind of mtf would you want to have?

A simple petition part deaux: Bring the old MTF back

6K views 90 replies 53 participants last post by  BodyServe 
#1 ·
The retro design.

The profile structure, finding likes self and received, posts.

Reps.

Forum overview.

Emoticons.

Properly working GIF's.

Everything.

The only positive change has been bookmarking.

Edit: Seems to me its not possible to add a poll after creation either, but that may have been on the last aswell.

#3 ·
But wasnt the last forum fully functional?

At least sufficiently so.

I had fun browsing such a throwback-style forum.

Dont change whats not broken, something like that..

Reactions: redshift
#8 ·
Yeah.Bring back old emotes.New ones are garbage

#14 ·
Irrelevant of our wishes and whether we like it or not (the overwhelming majority doesn't) this thread is just a wishful thinking, the sort of pensioners good ol' times grumping party.

Because let's face it: the old forum is NOT coming back.

However, we should, we have to, it's our fucking duty too push Steve for improvements and to bring back some of the best lost functionalities.

#31 ·
Yeah, one finds something not working every day. I can't even edit my legendary signature (it's too long!). Thus, these quotes will stay there forever :LOL:

Reactions: guitarra
#18 ·
Sadly all these forum changes are based on performance improving: What does that mean? Just avoid spam the most you can. Hence most of the stuff like signatures are incredibly restricted. Otoh this improves also the possibilities for ads since VS has been in a dire financial state this year.

Hence minimising service to the cheapest was their way how to handle it. Now we’re connected to every other vs forum just like the Wrestling forum and many others. The change to the new forum software was poor as well and the current service isn’t helpful at all. This place just got massively devalued by its same company.

#24 ·
It’s been 1 months plus and I’m not used to this shit design yet. It’s not just the layout but the lack of features that have been removed. It’s so hard to search for my previous posts/threads I’ve made or other posters. The post count of each thread, that’s gone too. Rep system is gone. The searching is terrible and it isn’t even updated. Everything is so much more inconvenient

#35 ·
Sometimes, like in this particular case, majority of people simply shouldn't be listened to. Because objectively, 3rd option / new and proper forum with all the functions > old "retro" MTF. People are stuck with old MTF (outdated forum with sucking efficiency and user experience) purely because of their inertia and nostalgia.

So who cares about the poll results, bring us the new and proper forum if you care about users.

#38 ·
Well, you do have a point here. The old forum certainly had its flaws the main one being the speed of loading especially during increased traffic. So hypothetically the new technologically improved forum with the best „old” functionalities would be perfect.
Unfortunately we are not living in a fantasy world and dreams seldom come true.

#47 ·
Old layout signatures, old emojis and especially BAD REPS are sorely missed imo. ?

Reactions: Mateya
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.