Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Women's champion: Lindsay Davenport (USA)
Men's champion: Andre Agassi (USA)

Women's champion: Patty Schnyder (SUI)
Men's champion: Roger Federer (SUI)

Women's champion: Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
Men's champion: ???

As you can see, ever since the WTA tournament began at Cincy, the winners of both tournaments every year have been the same nationality.

So will this trend continue? And which Russian man can get it done? Safin, Davydenko, Tursunov, Youzhny....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hmmm...very interesting. My vote would be for Marat to win, of course, but either Dmitry or Mikhail would be nice too.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Marat, Marat :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well if it happened the past two years, it's going to happen again :p

Tursunov would be hilarious. He hits the ball SO hard. Scenario that would let him or Safin win: Federer/Nadal final in Canada, and both pull out of Cincy. Then it's anyone's tournament. Kinda like Robredo winning Hamburg :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not taking anything away from Robredo, it's still a masters series event... but I can't remember the last time it wasn't nadal or federer winning a masters series event, if either or both of them were playing.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
playwithmybanan said:
Not taking anything away from Robredo, it's still a masters series event... but I can't remember the last time it wasn't nadal or federer winning a masters series event, if either or both of them were playing.
Sometime in 2004, and that was before Nadal had even made his mark.

The scenario with Roger and Rafa pulling out would certainly open the door for the likes of Dmitry. Plus, if it's still hot as *uck that week it would benefit Tursunov as his conditioning is among the best on tour.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Pigpen Stinks said:
Sometime in 2004, and that was before Nadal had even made his mark.
Nadal played 2004 in Madrid, Roger didn't, Marat won.

Both Nadal and Roger played 2004 in Cincy, both lost in round 1 and Agassi won. How much have times changed since then !;)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
safin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trend will not continue. Last Russian standing (Tursunov) lost last night.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shotgun Blues said:
Well Safin/Youzhny are still in the doubles draw. :p
Really? They were down 2 breaks in the first set last night when I got completely disgusted and left the tennis.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
well at least it's consolation

1 - 18 of 18 Posts