Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At 2*-3 in the fifth set. Ollie smashes and BEFORE the ball hits the court, A-Rod yells that it's out. It was THIRTY centimeters in. And A-Rod KNEW it. But instead of giving the point to Ollie, he accepted the game point.
And this killed a match which was until then very enjoyable.

BIG BOO FOR A-ROD and the team from the USA! :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
The way I saw it was that only Andy called the ball out! I m still sitting here, completely baffled...
It s really very upsetting that an otherwise excellent match was decided in such a horrile way...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definitely the USA should be ashamed of this! And the ITF officials too!

Andy yelled before the point was over, but Ollie smashed without a doubt in the court, and after some discussions the chairman gave the point (and the break!) to the USA! Unbelievable and totally unfair! I believe the USA needed this cheat to stay in the World Group, but they definitely didn't show any fair play in this...

SHAME ON YOU team USA! :mad:

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
Sorry to interrupt the USA bashing, once I leave by all means continue, but the match was on clay, no? Didn't anyone go to check the mark? Rochus could have made them, since it was on clay.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
And the Roddick bashing continues :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
turt said:
Definitely the USA should be ashamed of this! And the ITF officials too!

Andy yelled before the point was over, but Ollie smashed without a doubt in the court, and after some discussions the chairman gave the point (and the break!) to the USA! Unbelievable and totally unfair! I believe the USA needed this cheat to stay in the World Group, but they definitely didn't show any fair play in this...

SHAME ON YOU team USA! :mad:
Ollie really hasn't been lucky lately. In his match against Fed at the USO a shot from Fed was far out and was overruled as in by the chairman. :rolleyes:

And now this little stunt from Andy. Did the guy really need this to win, like all those aces weren't enough for him :rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
savestheday91 said:
Sorry to interrupt the USA bashing, once I leave by all means continue, but the match was on clay, no? Didn't anyone go to check the mark? Rochus could have made them, since it was on clay.
But the chairman AND the lineswoman didn't see the ball!!!! It was on the chairman's side of the court but he couldn't see it!!! Really the judge's fault too! But Andy should have given the point instead of accepting that stolen game

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
The match turned Roddick's way in the fifth set when Rochus missed the easiest of volleys to give the American a 4-2 lead. The Belgians disputed the call but finally relented.

I don't get what you guys are talking about:shrug:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Grinder said:
It's not Roddick's fault blame the officiating.
that's bullshit...

what about fairplay between the players?!
he did show he doesn't have any!

and all my respect to Roddick disappeared after that 'situation'

I'll hope he'll get a serious injuriy soon and can't play for a while!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
TGS said:
The match turned Roddick's way in the fifth set when Rochus missed the easiest of volleys to give the American a 4-2 lead. The Belgians disputed the call but finally relented.

Well this is a good piece of deliberately wrong match report :tape:

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
stijntje said:
that's bullshit...

Geeeeeeeez what a lame and sore loser we've got here :rolleyes:
I hope you injure your finger and don't post here for a while!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would have been perfectly able to live with the final result if it wasn't for this idiotic phase. The thing is judge nor linesperson saw it, that smash went like lightning so fast it was. What should have been done was Andy giving the point to Ollie, or second best at least accepting to replay the point.
I have seen a lot of tennismatches and this is simply the most disgraceful thing I have ever seen.
You know, Andy had 2 BPs and this happened on the first. If he would have given this point to Ollie (normal thing to do coz the bloody smash was in and EVERYBODY saw it, and the replay showed it), he still was a BP up.

This phase will be kept and pursue Andy for the rest of his career. BIG BOO for Andy!!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
stijntje said:
that's bullshit...

And you just lost all credibility you ever had. I don't even wish injury on my worst enemies.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
stijntje said:
that's bullshit...

Yeah...

I'm sure Roddick is crushed now that he's lost you're respect

·
Registered
322 Posts
TGS said:

Yeah, change volley into smash and missed with in with a margin. They could've atleast replayed the point but they just gave it on such a crucial point of the match :rolleyes: That's just plain wrong

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wishing people injury is not cool. It just makes you a bigger ass than you proclaim the one you're wishing to be injured to be.

turt said:
But the chairman AND the lineswoman didn't see the ball!!!!
Even if they didn't get a good look at whether it was in or out initially, why couldn't they have checked the mark?

1 - 20 of 486 Posts