Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominic 'Beyblade' Thiem has arrived, and he gives hope to the younger generation, my generation, and the knock on effects will be HUGE, and may save the world and humanity.

Firstly, Why is he nicknamed Beyblade?

1-Because no other player gets the acceleration he does on his CC BH, on his 1st full year on tour, aged 20, not yet physically peaked, he rips CC OHBH winners on Phillipe Chatrier court against Nadals topspin moonballs, the greatest defence ever seen on a clay court... The moniker fits perfectly, he really can "Let it RIP!"

2- He is of the Beyblade generation, born in 1993. He would've grown up watching it on TV, and playing with Beyblades, and with all the comments about this gen being crap, this reference is a slap in the face to the naysayers from the older gen - when Beyblade starts winning, they will be forced to eat their words about our generally shit generation, and these sucky kids toys

3- And for the ones who understand the reference? It fits perfectly, Thiem has a BIG game, he can let it rip off both sides, and Beyblades are all about being aggressive, going for broke, offensive tennis winning an all out war, Thiem is dranza, he is drigger, he is the Kai and Ray in all of us... He will rise like a bit beast and give the tennis world salvation, once Fed and Nole have succumbed to the evil forces and been relegated to nappy changing duty

Finally, he has the perfect coach and mentor; Gunther Bresnik makes his young disciple train in the woods, pushing him to his physical limits, none of this new gen WiFi or iPods or Netflix shit, the diet and training is raw and old school, there is no room for fear, no space to cry about the cold...

As for mentor Ernests Gulbis, I know some will disagree, but he had huge potential and seems to have matured, he can offer his advice to Dom so he doesn't make the same mistakes.. He is also not a fake PR man, Gulbis is a rare breed in that he speaks the truth in a time when the whole world is PR Crazy, Novak becoming a PR bot after success, feminist propaganda dominating the world, and the NSA constantly spying, and Justin bieber and lady gaga dominating pop culture, taking 90% of my generation as casualties... Only a few of us remain aware of the truth, not indoctrinated by all the shit in the media

I strongly recommend for example reading the recent gulbis interview newsbot posted, he doesn't buy the selfie crap, he calls it a photo and rightfully so. He doesn't read e books, he reads Dostoyevsky on paper, I wish all of my gen would read Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Kafka and so on paper like they were supposed to be read.. He respects Einstein, not worthless kardashian celebs the world would be better without.

Here's the sauce guys : http://tennis.si.com/2014/05/20/ernests-gulbis-interview/

Tennis needs guys like Gulbis to win slams, just for the winners speech and the attention his words would get, and guys like Thiem as a positive role model for my generation... We need these guys to speak the truth, and start a fucking revolution in tennis and challenge this fake big4 new world order, their time is up! We will rise!

P.s. this post wouldn't be complete without a Johnny Groove inspired addendum so to finish..

These are the posts that we'll fucking remember, These are the times to go and fucking take what is ours, and these are bleak media/ATP times that are so painful, they dwarf any amount of suffering you could possibly endure on a fucking tennis court... This is SPARTA!!!!!! "

Truth will Prevail. We will be Victorious.

·
Registered
21,403 Posts
Great post :lol:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I can guarantee, that silly nickname will never catch on. :facepalm:

Is this thread a piss-take or is the OP really that childish?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Your profession seems to be a wishful thinker... you can't dine in hell. Eat some valerian root and go to bed son.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
My favourite character was Kai. Guy was boss. And probably emo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beyblade? Hmm. I like it...

Thanks those images fit my post perfectly!

Great post :lol:
Thanks, this thread is what happens when you have a day full of WTA shitfests in the second week of a slam, Nadal lajovic included, I couldn't pay attention without thinking fuck tennis so i thought I'd channel my energy positively :banana:

Why not simply The Blade??? More catchy, like Boom Boom...
It could be shortened to the blade, but Beyblade fits better IMO..

The Blade reminds me of Samurai Nishikori, perfect technique, and lethal precision, Japanese efficiency and skill making up for the lack of raw ballbashing power :bowdown:

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I believe in Thiem.
Evans should get there soon as well.
And high hopes for Lajovic. Finally a fellow countryman I can really root for.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
There are some young guns coming up the ranking, but I think top players can still play well into their 30's. Rafa might get 20 + slams, 15 of those from RG. Novak can make it about 12. Don't think Murray will hit double digits.
After BIG 4 retired, ATP will become WTA (which is more interesting, IMO).

·
23,064 Posts
There are some young guns coming up the ranking, but I think top players can still play well into their 30's. Rafa might get 20 + slams, 15 of those from RG. Novak can make it about 12. Don't think Murray will hit double digits.
After BIG 4 retired, ATP will become WTA (which is more interesting, IMO).
15 RG's? Do you think that is too much, haha. :lol: I don't think the younger generation are that "useless" that they can't get to the top.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
How about Thiem Time?
(it's pronounce Tiem)
Team Thiem?

·
23,064 Posts
How about Thiem Time?
(it's pronounce Tiem)
Team Thiem?
Team Thiem has already been used, kind of. Thiem Time too (I used that one in one of my Live Commentary posts), hehe. Sometimes The D.Thiem.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Well, we had the Terminator

the Herminator

and now we have the DOMINATOR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts