Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
I admit that I have trouble with this new nomenclature by initials.
Grand Slam is Grand Slam.
Admit "CGS" for "career grand slam " but Y for year is unnecessary since Grand Slam involves in the year.
CYGS is to differentiate it from career grand slam (CGS). And this is not too new, is at least since Agassi won it in 1999 they created the other term AFAIK and changed the abbreviation for the calendar (year) grand slam.
You're correct that a Grand Slam is originally what is nowadays referred to as a Calendar Year Grand Slam. Not sure when Grand Slam was no longer used when referring to winning all 4 tournaments during the same year, but these days the problem is that Grand Slam is also used when talking about simply any of the 4 tournaments. I wonder if they were initially referred to as Majors, and a Grand Slam was then winning all Majors during a single season? edit. I suppose they were called either majors or Grand Slam Tournaments, but these days people have omitted the 'tournament' part, and simply talk about someone winning a Grand Slam even if it's just one of the 4 tournaments.

The Grand Slam in tennis is the achievement of winning all four major championships in one discipline in the same calendar year, also referred to as the "Calendar-year Grand Slam" or "Calendar Slam".
I like Calendar Slam over Calendar Year Grand Slam. More concise.

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
unfortunately no,monkey king is another story

I was basically saying weak era
the proverb would be more accurate if djokovic wasn't playing
only fedal were absent in that phase
it would also be a digg at djokovic implying he is not one of the tigers, but I didn't mean that, djokovic was totally not in form and I heard his elbow was already injured before RG 16
I know what you meant. My reply: Murray = Sun Wukong.

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
LOL,he does not have that rebellious nature
Monkey King - Wikipedia
His hair has magical properties, capable of making copies of himself or transforming into various weapons, animals and other things. He also shows partial weather manipulation skills and can stop people in place with fixing magic.
1)
Smile Jaw Jheri curl Gesture Ear

2)

USO 2012 (Windray)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts