Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think he will ever become a 10 ten player again, or are his professional tennis days coming to an end?

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
I don't think that the end of Lleyton's career is near, I think he still has 2-3 years. But talk about the TOP - 10 foolishly at the moment, more realistic to say, with all him problems - TOP - 30.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Earlier in his career he did have trouble holding a place in the top 10 (besides his long hold on the #1 placement), often drifting from say, 5 or 6 to 17 or 18. His rank fluctuates often, I'm sure it has to do with his random losses and then long streak of wins.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hewitt isn't healthy or consistent enough to hold a place in the top 30 let alone top 10 these days. He only plays his best tennis on grass and at the slams/davis cup... any other minor tournament he will either not play if he doesn't feel 100%, or he won't play at full capacity to avoid injury/he isn't as motivated in small events, thus losing to guys he should otherwise be beating.

He is definitely capable of being top 50 again, if he can perform consistently in slams - but this could be difficult being unseeded. Injuries are a huge question mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts