Mens Tennis Forums banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
jazz_girl said:
The guy who made the rumor public last week, talked again today. He said he's not sure about the name of the player, that he's got three different versions: 1. That the player's not Argentinian after all 2. That the player is Argentinian but wasn't at RG :confused: 3. That the player was Argentinian, was at RG and if he's banned he'll be out of the circuit for years. And he also said that the truth will be out on tuesday...
I was going to watch his program just to see if he'd say something..:fiery:
Are his words worth to trust? The only thing I'll trust and keep in mid is that the truth would come out on tuesday, and I'll be waiting anxiously.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Mauro Viale... isn´t a guy who writes to Diario Olé? Or is it JORGE Viale? Any relation between the two?

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
jazz_girl said:
The guy who made the rumor public last week, talked again today. He said he's not sure about the name of the player, that he's got three different versions: 1. That the player's not Argentinian after all 2. That the player is Argentinian but wasn't at RG :confused: 3. That the player was Argentinian, was at RG and if he's banned he'll be out of the circuit for years. And he also said that the truth will be out on tuesday...
He's lying. If he knew the source of the rumor, chances are he knew the name of the player involved. No point in changing his story now.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
I don't think Argentine players are any more victimised than other nationalities that have been involved in dope cases, I mean Petr Korda was shunned by his fellow pros when he came back.
Puerta is slandered for getting caught using... well, I could tell you, but that would save a lot of here bothering to fucking read about it.

As I said in a previous post, I sincerely hope that Bogomolov is not slandered in the same way, for years to come.

And you know what? I highly doubt that he will be. Lucky him.

·
Registered
432 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
I don't think Argentine players are any more victimised than other nationalities that have been involved in dope cases, I mean Petr Korda was shunned by his fellow pros when he came back.
The explanation (or lack thereof per the following) seems to be the reason:

"Korda said he and his advisers had made exhaustive, but unsuccessful, attempts to find the source of the illegal substance." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/tennis/241005.stm

From the Ulihrach tribunal decision:
"The player has in this case as was done in Korda speculated that either endogenous production or consumption of meat of animals injected by steroids and eaten at the tournament while the athlete was in Russia explain the metabolites of nandrolone found in his sample. It is now well established science that endogenous production and/or consumption of tainted meat would only explain trace amounts of nandrolone metabolites."

The levels of nandrolone in Korda's case were far higher than feasible from those explanations - "ITF scientists said Petr would have had to eat 40 calves a day for 20 years to achieve his tested level of nandro."
http://powerslideusa.com/real_news/whoppers.htm

Lindsay Davenport, a member of the WTA Tour board of directors, praised the ruling. http://augustasports.com/stories/090199/oth_korda.shtml
``He never came out and said why he thought it had gone into his system. It was always kind of a really gray area.

Double US Open champion Patrick Rafter said the issue of drugs could destroy the game. "If someone gets tested in athletics or something and they get found positive, they are out straight away. That's not the case in tennis and I think it should be - unless Petr has got a bloody good explanation and we didn't hear it." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/tennis/257602.stm

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Denaon said:
Are his words worth to trust? The only thing I'll trust and keep in mid is that the truth would come out on tuesday, and I'll be waiting anxiously.
I wonder why Tuesday :confused: One thing that did come to my mind if that date is true......... that is that I would almost certainly assume that the player involved would NOT be playing in a tournament next week. Cañas and Rusedski both withdrew from tournaments when they knew things were going public, and I don't think anyone would want to be miles away from home, in a foreign country, surrounded by other players that would probably shun you, if you knew this was coming out. You would want to be at home, in private with your family and away from the tennis world. Just a thought.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Shotgun Blues said:
Mauro Viale... isn´t a guy who writes to Diario Olé? Or is it JORGE Viale? Any relation between the two?
No, the one who writes for Olé is Jorge Viale and there's no relation between them.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Denaon said:
You know, even when he seems he's saying the truth I can never trust him!!! Last week it seemed he know for a fact who was the player, he said he knew the name but wasn't gonna say it. But yesterday he said that he has no idea who the player is :retard:
L'Equipe talked about the "Argentine clue" thanks to the rumors which started in Argentina because of Viale, so now I'm doubting everything...

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
jazz_girl said:
And he also said that the truth will be out on tuesday...
"The ITF and the ATP are going to announce on Tuesday that their drug testing procedures will come under one umbrella." (http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1582450,00.html)
It may be a coincidence, but I think Viale is "mixing" everything (his other statements don't make any sense) and it has absolutely nothing to do with the doping case in RG.

(But thank you so much for keeping us informed, jazz_girl!)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
This is just getting stranger by the moment.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
jazz_girl said:
You know, even when he seems he's saying the truth I can never trust him!!! Last week it seemed he know for a fact who was the player, he said he knew the name but wasn't gonna say it. But yesterday he said that he has no idea who the player is :retard:
L'Equipe talked about the "Argentine clue" thanks to the rumors which started in Argentina because of Viale, so now I'm doubting everything...
That guy cannot be trusted, period.

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Truc said:
"The ITF and the ATP are going to announce on Tuesday that their drug testing procedures will come under one umbrella." (http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1582450,00.html)
I think Viale is "mixing" everything (his other statements don't make any sense) and it has absolutely nothing to do with the doping case in RG.

(But thank you so much for keeping us informed, jazz_girl!)
Thanks for this news! To be honest, I'm more and more lost about this whole thing...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1582450,00.html

However, last year the chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency, Dick Pound, heavily criticised the ATP, the men's ruling body, after seven players, including Britain's Greg Rusedski, were cleared of doping offences involving nandrolone. "The ATP is essentially an association of players, so there is some conflict of interest in that relationship," Pound said. "We believe drug-testing and result management should be independent."
Thanks Dicky Pound, good to see someone else can see what is going, just hopefully the muppets from the ITF and especially the gimps in charge of the ATP can get this right and just let WADA do the testing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
You know, even when he seems he's saying the truth I can never trust him!!! Last week it seemed he know for a fact who was the player, he said he knew the name but wasn't gonna say it. But yesterday he said that he has no idea who the player is.
It sounds like he's playing a cat and mouse game ... pretending to know who it is and then watching the reaction of the player he's interviewing to see if he can read into it if it is them. Unfortunately, these conflicting reports are casting a shadow on all of the players (especially the Argentine players since they are being implicated) and causing way too much speculation amongst the fans of these players. I hope the news will come out soon to end this torture.

·
F***ing have it
17,595 Posts
In another thread they say it's Mariano Hood :eek:

261 - 277 of 277 Posts