Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isner won 2nd round match in Rimouski (Challenger in Canada) against totally unknown Kryvonos 6-4 3-6 7-6. It's hard to believe but rookie Isner has equaled one Wilander's achievement - the number of winning matches in the deciding tie-break (all levels)!

Wilander: 796 professional matches; 7-3 in the deciding TB
Isner: 49 professional matches; 7-2 in the deciding TB

:lol:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Wow :lol:

your TB researching abilities are unparalleled :bowdown:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disproportion between a number of matches of these two players and the frequency of playing tie-breaks in the final set is huge. I'm not sure but probably Wilander had been playing those matches with the smallest frequency and Isner plays with the best frequency.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isner defeated Bloomfield today 6-7(13) 7-6(7) 7-6(7) in the 1st round of Challenger in Louisville :crazy:
He is just one win of equaling the number of Agassi's wins in the deciding tie-break set.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Disproportion between a number of matches of these two players and the frequency of playing tie-breaks in the final set is huge. I'm not sure but probably Wilander had been playing those matches with the smallest frequency and Isner plays with the best frequency.
highest/biggest:rolleyes: , very interesting thread! Thanks

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
highest/biggest:rolleyes: , very interesting thread! Thanks
Yeah, and better word in this case I suppose, instead of "smallest" is "lowest". Sorry :yeah:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yeah, and better word in this case I suppose, instead of "smallest" is "lowest". Sorry :yeah:
I don't care if you use smallest or lowest, its just that with best you imply that it is better if you play a tie-break in al lot of final sets. I know you like tie-breaks, but...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts