When I open my thread, I always just copy paste this post from my previous events. You can do this by quoting my post and copying it, then remove the quote code at the top of the post and at the bottom of the post.
For now, I usually just call it Scoring Points. Nothing else is needed here because everything posted here comes from the spreadsheet.
For now, I usually just call it League Table. Nothing else is needed here because everything posted here comes from the spreadsheet.
For now, I usually just call it Pick Summery. Nothing else is needed here because everything posted here comes from the spreadsheet.
For now, I usually just call it Statistics. Nothing else is needed here because everything posted here comes from the spreadsheet. The first 10 events I ran, I did not provide stats. There is no need to do this, but I will still explain in case you choose to do this.
Post 6 is where I put the entry lists. The PAW entry list is taken from the spreadsheet. Details will be posted in the spreadsheet post below. The ATP entry list is taken from the event subfolder. I don't even think it is needed, but I post it. For example, for the 2015 Houston event, it is found: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=593761
Post 7 is announcements. I almost never have any, but I have that there in case. In the last tournament I ran, I was away a few days at the end, so I posted that in the announcements before the event began so that players would know what to expect.
I usually try to open this thread but Saturday at the latest, but really it does not need to be opened until the Order of Play is released containing the first main draw match. If you have the time, you should ty to get it up at early as you want.
Download the PAW Spreadsheet that you will be using
The spreadsheet that I am using is currently not available to download, but I can PM it to anyone.
Evita provided some spreadsheets that are similar to the one I use, but my instructions will not match exactly. I use the one I use because it provides stats and I find it quicker to enter the ATP draw, but they are all good.
Enter the ATP Draw
- Select the ATPdraw tab. The draw will be entered in column F.
- Each line will contain one match. The format of the matches is very important. The first name must be one name, which means that if a player is a seed, or a wildcard, there cannot be a space between the seed and players first name.
Example: [WC]Feliciano LOPEZ vs Bye
- As the draw is filled out, the players names will populate column A.
- Rankings points for each player must be added to column B. Rankings points can be found on the ATP website. The ranking list that is used is the one from the time of the draw. Generally it is from the week before the event. Be careful when adding points for qualifiers that the correct week has been selected.
Updating the Thread using the Spreadsheet prior to Event Beginning
Once the spreadsheet is set up, you need to go back and update your thread. Anytime I have used [-code] and [-/code], you must delete the - in each part.
- No changes need to be made.
- Scoring Points can now be inputed. In the spreadsheet under the ATPdraw tab, there is a section starting in cell A36 with '[-code]' and ending in cell A53 with '[-/code]'. This entire section needs to be copied and pasted into the post.
- The initial league table can now be copied into the third post. In the spreadsheet, under the PAW13 tab, there is a section starting at G1 and going to column L. You need to add '[-code]' and [-/code] at the end of the pasted section.
- The initial post summery can be found in the tab Picks. It must be copied from A1 to the end of the populated section. You need to add '[-code]' and [-/code] at the end of the pasted section.
- No changes need to be made.
- The PAW Entry List can now be added. It can be copied from the PAW13 tab. It must be copied from D3 to the end of the entry list. You need to add '[-code]' and [-/code] at the end of the pasted section.