Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of any guide regarding how far you should position your body in relation to the ball (at the time of impact) for a forehand? I usually get too close, and I've definitely improved, but to me if your shoulders are turned 90 degrees, you're stepping forward, when you're hitting the ball it should be ~2-3 feet out in front of your left shoulder (if you're right handed) and about 4 feet out to the side.vidmate mobdro word counter

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Has anyone heard of any guide regarding how far you should position your body in relation to the ball (at the time of impact) for a forehand? I usually get too close, and I've definitely improved, but to me if your shoulders are turned 90 degrees, you're stepping forward, when you're hitting the ball it should be ~2-3 feet out in front of your left shoulder (if you're right handed) and about 4 feet out to the side.
Depends on your body measures.

·
Your visions will happen
53,653 Posts
Too much thinking

You need to feel it

Plus you are talking about two different things here. Distance for the arm as well as rotation of the torso

Keep a straight arm at impact, whatever distance that is for you is what it is. As for the rotation, the more the better, with control of course. Hips should be where the fulcrum uncoils. Do not be too focused on the arm, as it is only along for the ride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts