Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,589 Posts
I watched this and didn't even notice :ROFLMAO:

Karma got him though, got broken back from 30-0 up and then got broken for the match from 40-0 up

·
Registered
22,286 Posts
Seemed to be well in.

·
Registered
61,484 Posts
Yeah, that looks way in

JM Cerundulo is an absolute mental giant, got all the mental toughness in the family

·
justice for all
18,107 Posts
Yesterday Zeppieri was threatening the chair umpire, today Giannessi cheats on court.

WTF is wrong with them Italian players at their home event? Do they know what's hospitality?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I dont know if that was in or out.

But why is is Giannessi fault when the umpire himself screamed the ball out? Shouldn't it be the umpire cheated Cerundolo?

·
Registered
22,589 Posts
View attachment 364126

Source:

No doubts the ball was clearly dropped in and Giannessi knew it.
Yeah I played it frame by frame in VLC and arrived at the same bounce point
I dont know if that was in or out.

But why is is Giannessi fault when the umpire himself screamed the ball out? Shouldn't it be the umpire cheated Cerundolo?
Well Giannessi consciously points to the wrong mark. Before that you can even see him instinctively straighten his hand as to indicate the ball is in, but perhaps that is looking too much into it :p. Of course it's a disgraceful call from the umpire as well on a low pace ball in clear sight that lands in front of the baseline

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Flagrantly bad call he fake pretended the ball was out. Bad chair umpiring to let that go unoverruled.

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
Yeah I played it frame by frame in VLC and arrived at the same bounce point
Well Giannessi consciously points to the wrong mark. Before that you can even see him instinctively straighten his hand as to indicate the ball is in, but perhaps that is looking too much into it :p. Of course it's a disgraceful call from the umpire as well on a low pace ball in clear sight that lands in front of the baseline
The fact that the ball is right in front of him is a huge incriminating factor. He could not have missed the mark. If the umpire would be standing where Giannessi is, he could call it a career. It seems Giannessi misjudged the ball and was out of position to play it. Bailed out by the umpire, and took advantage showing very poor character.

Reminds me of Djokovic against Wawrinka at AO 2013... ball lands right in front of Djokovic and firmly on the line (as shown later in a slow mo as well as Hawkeye), the umpire and line judge call it out, and Djokovic "confirms" the call like Giannessi here. A very questionable moment.

Slow mo and Djokovic's reaction:

Hawkeye:

·
Premium Member
12,078 Posts
I can't ever call a ball out, when it clearly isn't.

For example if I make an out call when it's in , I will say it's in and concede the point.

I guess it's a bit different for professionals when grand slams and millions of dollars are on the line.
But it's a challenger, man up and just call it in and replay it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts