Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for the terribad quality of the pictures, sun was crazy today and my phone's zoom doesn't get along with high exposure.

Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club

(Marco Trungilleti playing Alessandro Giannessi)

Norrie defeating Andrej Martin in a 3 set thriller. It has to be said Cameron enjoyed the full support of the crowd from the warmup all through the match.

Service practice for FAA.

Munar hit the practice court right after him.

Wild Dominic crashes Munar's court and then leaves for private practice.

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
Great stuff! Enjoy the week! Buenos Aires Open has a lot of history, first staged in 1921!!! Champions roll includes Gonzales, Emerson, Lendl, Vilas, Kuerten, Moya, Nadal, Coria, Nalbandian, Gaudio, and now Thiem, I mean wow what a list.

Lol at Thiem, the last 3 pics of his face is everyone ever trying to get a court when others are already there :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Awka Liwen good pics, what's the plan are you there the entire week? Good that you saw Norrie play, although I'm surprised for this tournament he was even in qualies, I thought his ranking would've been good enough for direct entry.
Oh, I live here. My apartment must be around 30 minutes from the club. Yeah, Cameron attracted a lot of people. You could say he was the highlight yesterday, got a lot of love from the crowd. He was given court 2 while Berlocq was quickly loosing im straights at Guillermo Vilas. Pretty sure Cameron will get the main court today.

I'm going back today to see his match against Dutra Silva (should be a good one) plus I missed Elias Ymer yesterday and really want to watch this guy.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Elias Ymer lucked his way through the match vs. Ficovich who should have beaten him. It's a joke that Ymer is nearly Top 100, the guy is so overrated. Fake prospect he was, he's now lucking out those kind of matches to qualify for the bigger events. Insane stuff. Hope he gets double bageled today.

·
Super Moderator
8,199 Posts
A bit in ruins this thread's title isn't 'Awka Liwen's Buenos Aires thread'

·
Super Moderator
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A bit in ruins this thread's title isn't 'Awka Liwen's Buenos Aires thread'
As in a yearly-updated thread? I like the idea.

David Ferrer during today's practice, he hit the court with Felix. Sun was absolutely relentless today.

Ferrer POV featuring slight finger intrusion:

FAA POV:

Felix and David watching Thiem-Lajovic practice:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts