Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came from another forums I post on.

Its about basketball but can be easily applied to the Tennis Goat Discussion.

"There is no such thing as a perfect basketball player, and I don't believe there is only one greatest player either. Everyone plays in different eras. I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else's talent. I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era. Without Julius Erving, David Thompson, Walter Davis, and Elgin Baylor there would never have been a Michael Jordan. I evolved from them."

People like to do the Sampras is best because of this and Federer is best because of that. Lets face it, Great players like Sampras and others in his era are responisble for the development of Roger. Progression feeds on itself. In the Future another great star will come along and the debate will go on from there and that person will have evolved from the game of Federer. Its never ending. I just try to enjoy the greatness of each new era as they come along.
Sort of makes sense, don't it? ;)

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
More words of wisdom from MJ - one of the few in the rarified air of Tiger, Federer.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
He is right , but the GOAT stuff is one issue ... another side of it is facts and who actually won the most GS titles - and that is something that Sampy will soon be passed in all departments :)

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
wouldnt it be nice for roger if federer had an extra inch on all shots sorta like how jordan got all those superstar calls for reaching, hacking and getting preferential treatment from the officials.

roger could have been a great player :sad:

with that said, roger is more similar to jordan than either is to tiger woods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts