Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
a previous winner other than stan, andy, delpo or cilic winning would be the nightmare

i prefer new blood winning

·
Registered
193 Posts
COVID-19...and it might actually win...

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I would have to say Nadal. It must mean he had another easy US Open draw, which would be a travesty.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,681 Posts

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Dull as he would tie Federer for 20 and the amount of luck he’s had in that tournament with cakewalk draws is ridiculous. Also I’m sick of him and his moonballing and gamesmanship.

·
justice for all
16,885 Posts
Djokovic. And it’s not even the player himself but his fans have already become unbearable.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I mean sure Federer if he were to play followed by Nadal are the logical answers but it has to be Nishikori for me

·
23,946 Posts
I don't usually ascribe to "asterisk" tournaments, but any big tournaments this year would be for me, personally, seeing the circumstances on the practicality of actually playing (and also the Wimbledon boycott one although you could argue that was a non-survival decision)...in short this question doesn't really seem to be interesting for this year.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I don't usually ascribe to "asterisk" tournaments, but any big tournaments this year would be for me, personally, seeing the circumstances on the practicality of actually playing (and also the Wimbledon boycott one although you could argue that was a non-survival decision)...in short this question doesn't really seem to be interesting for this year.
COVID-19 changed the world and tournaments and players adapted. No asterisk. Also, Rod Laver won slams with 48-player draws. Nobody asterisked that, did they? The US Open and Roland Garros will still have 128-player draws.

·
23,946 Posts
COVID-19 changed the world and tournaments and players adapted. No asterisk. Also, Rod Laver won slams with 48-player draws. Nobody asterisked that, did they? The US Open and Roland Garros will still have 128-player draws.
I'm talking about the situation of the present, sure, the retroactive G.O.A.T. debates should say Rod Laver probably is worse than a lot of modern players now, but we're technically in a middle of a disaster to say that this is the "future development" of the game.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I'm talking about the situation of the present, sure, the retroactive G.O.A.T. debates should say Rod Laver probably is worse than a lot of modern players now, but we're technically in a middle of a disaster to say that this is the "future development" of the game.
It would never be asterisked, though. Whoever wins the US Open, for instance, would have it count the same like any other year.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Nadal, for obvious reasons. Wawrinka at 2nd place, but that will never happen.

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 20 of 24 Posts