Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djoković #1, Janko Tipsarević #9, Marin Čilić #20, Viktor Troicki #21, Miloš Raonić #25, Ivan Ljubičić #30, Ivan Dodig #36, Bernard Tomić #37.
Some accomplishment. What about that!?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Tito would be so proud. Blame Milosovic.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I really won't include Milos and Tomic.
Who cares where they born? The only thing that matters is the country they have in their hearts.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Tomic wasn't even born in the Balkans, so it's nonsensical for Croats to claim him. Even Germans have more of a case here. :lol:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Raonic and Tomic don't count :lol:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Probably name of thread should have been written differently, but i agree - Raonic count 100% he was born in Montenegro and Tomic is countable if the name of thread would be little bit different, Bernard wasn´t born there, but still i think he should be counted.It´s not like his grandpa emigrated and he didn´t know the language... i would count him.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really won't include Milos and Tomic.
Who cares where they born? The only thing that matters is the country they have in their hearts.
Are they from ex-yu? Yes. So, I don't know for what you are talking about.

:wavey:

Tomic wasn't even born in the Balkans, so it's nonsensical for Croats to claim him. Even Germans have more of a case here. :lol:
Don't troll.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Slobo Zivojinovic heritage? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably name of thread should have been written differently, but i agree - Raonic count 100% he was born in Montenegro and Tomic is countable if the name of thread would be little bit different, Bernard wasn´t born there, but still i think he should be counted.It´s not like his grandpa emigrated and he didn´t know the language... i would count him.
There is no even place for any question. I mean they thought to put him to play for Croatia.
His parents move to Germany when his mother was pregnant or some year eralier, he speaks croatian at home, allready was practising in Zagreb, they granted him with WC in Zagreb Challenger, he stated he fills like Croat. Yes he was born in Germany, but we definitely count him in this thread.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
There is no even place for any question. I mean they thought to put him to play for Croatia.
His parents move to Germany when his mother was pregnant or some year eralier, he speaks croatian at home, allready was practising in Zagreb, they granted him with WC in Zagreb Challenger, he stated he fills like Croat. Yes he was born in Germany, but we definitely count him in this thread.
Yes i know, i was explaining for those who don´t share this opinion. Guys like Milos and Bernard have families and speak the language, in interview they would say they are proud Canadians, Australians, but they must know where they came from that is sure thing.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I guess next move is to count players from Ex-British Empire, from Ex-Roman Empire and from Ex-Alexander-the-Great's Empire? I am in!
The Commonwealth countries should thus be considered wholly British, so now they can boast two slams on two different surfaces and a current slam holder in Stosur :D

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Who would want to claim Tomic? :haha: They are already stuck with Tipsy and Troicki, isn't that bad enough?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
:spit:

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Who would want to claim Tomic? :haha: They are already stuck with Tipsy and Troicki, isn't that bad enough?
well... they are all inside the top 40, that is a good thing, so :unsure: what is your point? I'm sure Great Britain and their ONE player inside the top 100 would love to claim any of them.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
that's a staggering statistic.

angelina jolie recently shot a film in sarajevo. hopefully she starts a fad by adopting armies of former yugo babies....it’s america’s only hope.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Still he was brought-up in Australia, like Raonic in Canada, and then his main culture is from these countries.

I've known some children whose parents came from a foreign country : even if they did say they felt "different", the power of school and the local culture was much stronger in them than the power of family heritage.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
well... they are all inside the top 40, that is a good thing, so :unsure: what is your point? I'm sure Great Britain and their ONE player inside the top 100 would love to claim any of them.
Don't you see the little flag by my name? I'm not British, and I don't really care about any of this absurd nationalist stuff, especially for artificial ex-nations like Yugoslavia.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
What Raonic and Tomic have with Ex-Yu ? Maybe their origins are from there but their tennis development didn't have anything it . With this logic half German world class sportsmen aren't germans . stupid logic

1 - 20 of 77 Posts