Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the famous Ivanisevic-Krajicek match at Wimbledon 98. That was 70 aces total. (42 Krajicek-28 Ivanisevic) I also can't remember a match that both players with 30+ aces. Is this a new record in the open era?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Roddick's ace count is a new record for him

can any stat gurus see when the last time a match was played with such a high number of winners and with such a ratio of winners to UE?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
They said in commentary that it was second behind Bracciali vs Karlovic, Wimbledon 2005, which had 83 I think they said, but I'm sure Voo will know for sure :)

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Johansson vs Lopez had 78 and it was at the AO 2005.
Karlovic vs Bracciali at Wimbledon had 55+32= 87 aces.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
No, it's not. Karlovic - Bracialli had more than 80 (ask Voo about the exact number).
Yes.
Karlovic/Bracciali share the record with Nestor/Kuerten - 82 aces in both matches :yeah:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Johansson vs Lopez had 78 and it was at the AO 2005.
Karlovic vs Bracciali at Wimbledon had 55+32= 87 aces.
There was actually 51 aces.
55 aces noticed the umpire but the match was following on the tape and Ivo had got 4 more aces from the umpire when Bracciali touched the ball with the frame of his racquet. Bracciali had 33 after cheking out after the match.

Generally this record is some kind of mystery. A lot of confusion.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Yes.
Karlovic/Bracciali share the record with Nestor/Kuerten - 82 aces in both matches :yeah:
uy i did not remember that match had more than 80 aces, it was played on a kinda like ice indoor court on canada, and it was a pretty long five setter match hence Kuerten hit about 45 aces in that match :cool:.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
uy i did not remember that match had more than 80 aces, it was played on a kinda like ice indoor court on canada, and it was a pretty long five setter match hence Kuerten hit about 45 aces in that match :cool:.
Guga 47, Nestor 35.
But as I said, we have a problem with the amount of aces because sometimes it's tough to tell apart aces from the service winners when a serve is very fast and a returner barely touches the ball with the frame :shrug:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
atptennis.com claims that in Karlovic-Bracciali 84 aces have been fired

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
They said in commentary that it was second behind Bracciali vs Karlovic, Wimbledon 2005, which had 83 I think they said, but I'm sure Voo will know for sure :)
I got terrible sunburn at that match :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts