·
Banned
19,258 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
You type so fast! :haha: I'm sure you expect Gael has won. :p
Congrats to him but I will cheer for Ivan more tomorrow! ;)

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
:yeah: :bounce: Good luck tomorrow.
The only previous time he made it past Quaters he won the tourney so here :aplot: :rocker2:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR said:
You type so fast! :haha: I'm sure you expect Gael has won. :p
Congrats to him but I will cheer for Ivan more tomorrow! ;)
:haha: yeah you are right

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Congrats Gael! Really wish that I could see the final between he and Ivan- should be fun.

For anyone who watched the match- how did he play?

·
Registered
97,309 Posts
OMG Gaeeeeeeeeeel :banana:
tomorrow against Ivan... small chances... but still :yeah:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Clara Bow said:
Congrats Gael! Really wish that I could see the final between he and Ivan- should be fun.

The first set, he played well and Hrbaty as well. From there, he played too defensively and it was Hrbaty who was dictating the play. The difference between the 2nd and the 3rd was the amount of Ues from Hrbaty.

I have seen both semi final and Ljubo has been more impressive, but Gael is a bit of a rollercoster. It would be better for him if he was attacking more (because he's successful when he does that) by going more at the net by instance. Sometimes, he doesn't capitalize on some good shots.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Clara Bow said:

Well but Hrbaty made some mistakes too: Hrbaty in the DC mode would have won... ;)
Fantastic FH, always putting the ball back in court, running to defend and sliding as always even in the most desperate situations, forced Hrbaty to always hit a shot more and it paid off many times...
When his serve was on he couldn't be broken. Not often...He wasted his energy and in the last two sets Hrbaty was dominating from the baseline. But the "defend everything" tactic, the crowd and heart he showed plus a little more attacking approach than the one he had recently :rolleyes: helped him win but it's far from being enough. Too defensive!
He made Hrbaty volley a lot and Hrbaty missed too.
He will be tired tomorrow. I hope he'll still fight to make it tight for a while. Seeing how Ljubo is playing now he won't rob anybody if he wins the title... ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Clara Bow said:

I only saw the third set on Paris-Première.. He played ok but he was better yesterday against Richard... In this 3rd set, his first serve was not efficient like yesterday (I didn't see him serve any ace) though Hrbaty is a good returner.. But Gael is a warrior and he fought hard, running like a madman to all Hrbaty's shots. I've seen part of his matches yesterday and today and I'm happy to notice he's making progress, his backhand is now a steady shot and he can even create some opportunities with it. And his forehand is becoming more and more a killer weapon :devil:
At the end of the match he said he was a bit tired but I'm sure he'll be ready tomorrow.. :)

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
vincayou said:
As optimistic as ever for your favourites I can see. :rolleyes:
Well, you saw how he was after that match as i did, no? He's tired you can't deny it. And Ljubicic is the favorite. So these two factors make it justified to only hope for a tight match at least. ;)
He's not my favorite for this particular match. I don't care who wins this title tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
delsa said:
Well, you saw how he was after that match as i did, no? He's tired you can't deny it. And Ljubicic is the favorite. So these two factors make it justified to only hope for a tight match at least. ;)
Come on, after the second set today, you were saying lines like "my only hope is that he doesn't get bagelled in the 3rd". Ljubo is the favourite, but tiredness, please, the guy is 19, and matchs against Ljubo are usually not full of long rallies.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
vincayou said:
Come on, after the second set today, you were saying lines like "my only hope is that he doesn't get bagelled in the 3rd". Ljubo is the favourite, but tiredness, please, the guy is 19, and matchs against Ljubo are usually not full of long rallies.
Don't lie, please...:awww:
What i was saying exactly was: "I hope he fights in the third set at least and if he does that i'll be happy" I didn't even mention a bagel...Don't exagerate, please. Go see the scores thread if you're not sure. ;)

I won't say a word ont this final. Wait and see.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts