Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this win at Monte Carlo does more than just allow Nadal to make a little history as he becomes the first man in the open era to win 4 titles in a row here. it opens up the flood gates yet once again for him to go forward with supreme confidence into the clay season.

it also sends a very powerful message to the rest of the best. the message is that their best is just not good enough as far as Nadal is concerned. if they cant beat him in a best of 3 sets foremats, they sure as hell are not going to beat him in best of 5 sets foremats on clay.

he is 34-0 on clay in the best of 5 sets foremats. you can now make that 41-0 since i dont see how they can beat him at Roland Garros. 2-3 more titles on clay seals their fate for 2008. i think he will take Barcelona and Rome and that is all the preparation he needs going into paris. he has now won 98 out his last 99 matches on clay.

lets make it 4 titles in a row for the Clay Monster with just one week past his 22nd birthday.

anybody still doubts that he can end up with 7 Roland Garros titles?

·
Banned
212 Posts
Re: 4th Roland Garros Title Is In The Bag

Did you not learn a lesson jumping on Nalbadian's wagon just a few days ago?

·
Registered
976 Posts

this win at Monte Carlo does more than just allow Nadal to make a little history as he becomes the first man in the open era to win 4 titles in a row here. it opens up the flood gates yet once again for him to go forward with supreme confidence into the clay season.

it also sends a very powerful message to the rest of the best. the message is that their best is just not good enough as far as Nadal is concerned. if they cant beat him in a best of 3 sets foremats, they sure as hell are not going to beat him in best of 5 sets foremats on clay.

he is 34-0 on clay in the best of 5 sets foremats. you can now make that 41-0 since i dont see how they can beat him at Roland Garros. 2-3 more titles on clay seals their fate for 2008. i think he will take Barcelona and Rome and that is all the preparation he needs going into paris. he has now won 98 out his last 99 matches on clay.

lets make it 4 titles in a row for the Clay Monster with just one week past his 22nd birthday.

Um, dude.....Borg. But I agree with the rest. No one's stopping him anytime soon. Not many people have the MENTAL capacity to close a match against him.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

Thats what i like

nice early JINX :devil:

·
Banned
289 Posts

Miracles happen. If he gets a difficult draw and has to play 3 difficult matches in a row, like Nalbandian in qf, a fit Davydenko in sf and then a sharp Roger in the final he could get tired and then we all know that Rafa is far from the same player as when he is fit.

·
Banned
42,099 Posts

I agree. Just give him the title already and spare the world from 2 weeks of moonballing and mugs. :D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

Excellent post at stating the obvious. Considering your previous predictions this year, I've gone and bet my life savings on Nadal to go out in the first round ;)

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Miracles happen. If he gets a difficult draw and has to play 3 difficult matches in a row, like Nalbandian in qf, a fit Davydenko in sf and then a sharp Roger in the final he could get tired and then we all know that Rafa is far from the same player as when he is fit.
its interesting to bring up the names of some other tough customers that can cause some problems or certainly extend him.

what Nadal has learned is that is best to try to make the matches a little shorter. he is trying to play a little closer when he is pushed too much and does appear to be a little more assault minded.

he took out in form Davydenko 2 and 3 in 1 hour 32 minutes and he took out Fed in 1 hour and 41 minutes.

the problem is that i am not seeing any staying power from Djokovic and Nalby for now. they are enormous talents can beat anybody on any surface but i dont think they are strong enough for Nadal. Djokovic`s best surface is going to hard courts and nalby does great indoors with climate control.

Davydenko doesnt really have the balls to deal with Nadal on clay.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts

You are pre-gloating again. That didn't work well the last time you did it.

I hate jinxing threads. :fiery:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Excellent post at stating the obvious. Considering your previous predictions this year, I've gone and bet my life savings on Nadal to go out in the first round ;)

there are a lot of nadal haters here. some simply refuse to believe that he can win more titles at Roland Garros.

you may recall one poll last year at atptennis.com. it was somthing 68% of those polled believe that Fed was going to finally win the French Open in 2007.

translation: it is not as obvious to some as you may think. the only one that can beat Nadal on clay at Roland Garros is Nadal.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

Is Rafa playing in Barcelona for sure?

·
Banned
42,099 Posts

Monte Carlo means shit.

Nadal could win 100000000 TMS on clay. If he doesn't win 7 RG titles, he's just the second on clay.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

Mark my words, Spadea will triple bagel Rafa 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 in the 1st round of Roland Garros. He will then procede to take the title and likely become the GOAT.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

In all seriousness, I don't think Rafa will win RG this year.

He'll be exhausted by the time he reaches Paris - I think he'll try and play all 4 warm up events - and under a lot of pressure.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts

l_mac - I think you're a Rafa fan who makes sense for once. If Rafa truly cared about preserving his best shot for Roland Garros he'd skip Rome. So what if he loses the #2 ranking for a while? Better to be a 4-time French Open champ.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts

Wow.

Thanks for the Jinx claydeath. You managed to successfully jinx Novak

1 - 20 of 230 Posts