Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Updated ATP Rankings

Good to see Novak up to no. 9! - although he'll probably drop down again next week when he has to defend his semi from Stuttgart last year and Grosjean gains new points. His seed is Youzhny, who's beaten him three times this year on three different surfaces...

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Tommy at #49 :sad:

Alright, Max is knocking on the door of the top 30 again. A good result this week in Stuttgart could do it for him, although he'll probably have to play Moya in the 3rd round. :eek:

Oh come on Sjeng, you're so close to the top 10. I hope you get there for one week, at least! But he'll probably have to do it before the US Open when all those nice semifinalist points come off...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

Oh come on Sjeng, you're so close to the top 10. I hope you get there for one week, at least! But he'll probably have to do it before the US Open when all those nice semifinalist points come off...
Hey hey, were did all that negativity come from? He defended his quarterfinal points at Wimbledon, have a little faith in the man ;)

·
Registered
17,684 Posts

one BIG thing thats changed this yr is the scheduling

Indianpolis and Washington have been brought forward a 4 and 3 weeks repectively which also messes up alot of players (in Europe) who would have played in one of these two as they were in same week.

TMS Canada is now a week later as is TMS Cincinatti.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts

Novak overtook Seb! how dare he!!! :(

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Coria is #7. ouch. :worried:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts

Does anyone know why admins wont let us edit messages??
It means I can't update the Ranks at the top of each message

I know :mad:
60 min limitation is fine for most of the posts that you do

but for some you do need to be able to edit them.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

Maybe they like to set lame limitations because they can, and this is reason enough?

btw, Seeing as Coria's highest ranking was number 6, and just about everybody ahead of him defends way more the rest of the year, I can't imagine where there could possibly be any cause for concern.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Max is 8 points away from the top 30! :bounce:

·
Registered
63 Posts

Haas is dropping pretty low and after the summer hardcourt season (unless he comes back soon) he will have a pretty bloated ranking when his TMS Canada and US Open pts come off

Roddick is pretty close to Hewitt/Moya as well ;) Not that I think he'll overtake them so quickly...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts

BigCrimper said:
Haas is dropping pretty low and after the summer hardcourt season (unless he comes back soon) he will have a pretty bloated ranking when his TMS Canada and US Open pts come off

Roddick is pretty close to Hewitt/Moya as well ;) Not that I think he'll overtake them so quickly...
Actually, he more than likely will. Hewitt and Moya both have Cincy points that will drop off the week before Cincy... although Roddick has Toronto points that will drop off the week before Toronto... he should pass at least one of them (likely Moya) just by virtue of that :D

·
Registered
63 Posts

Well, let the pre-celebration begin :) I had forgotten all about how TMS Canada and Cincy are a week later this year

As for Haas, I just read an article on the German Yahoo (which sucks even more than the US version, btw) which says he's most likely postponing his 'comeback' until the US Open, which means that I was right in one of my previous points at least :eek:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Says on his official site that he'll be coming back at LA, but who knows? Remember Haas was originally supposed to come back at Rotterdam in February. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it back until Long Island or the US Open. By then he'll have almost no tournaments in the last 52 weeks and his ranking will be in the pits.

But Haas can at least take comfort in the fact that he'll have almost no points tyo defend going into one of his favorite seasons of the year - the indoor circuit. And really I don't think he cares how well he does this year, just wants to get himself prepared for the 2004 season when he will win the Aussie Open and/or the US Open. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts