Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
What's your take on the trend, Judio? I like it. There are a lot of great players in professional tennis. I think it's interesting that with luck, the right game, and mental fortitude, we could see a lot of different champions over the next few years. I do want competitive finals, though.

I could also live with a totally dominant man at the top. But, I wouldn't want a man dominating because his main rivals are always injured or under performing.

my 2 cents...

·
Registered
120 Posts
The fact that there has been 7 different grand slam winners in a row just proves how strong the mens game is at the moment and the depth of talent is as strong as it has ever been. I would expect to see this trend to continue for a little while yet, although potentially players like Federer, Safin, Roddick, Hewitt & Hass may dominate the hard court and grass court slams.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: Seven Different Mens Slam Winners in a Row

Any predictions for US Open?
I think it might again be someone new...
Maybe Roddick (hope not), Moya, Philippoussis, or might as well be Federer again...

·
Registered
8,888 Posts

i think the streak will end
hewitt, federer or agassi will win the uso

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Streak will end with another GS win from Federer, Ferrero, or maybe Agassi in the near future.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts

I think it shows how deep mens tennis is, but it is hard for the casual viewer to follow men's tennis when there is a different champion every week. A casual viewer wants to see the same guy/gal winning the slams, not different people that they haven't heard of. They want another Sampras - a guy who will will be in the final year after year it gives them somebody they know to cheer for. For those of us who follow the game closely it is more interesting to see different guys win. Although I do wish Safin would get better and start kicking ass again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts