• Alexander Zverev

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
I seriously doubt Shitrev is making the final and Federer I would put as the favorite after his performance against Djokovic but Thiem definitely cannot be counted out as he’s playing pretty good as well. I don’t see Tsitsipas making the final either but he played a good tournament nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Got a feeling for Fed, could be Federer-Thiem again if Dom is 100%.

Wouldn't it be strange if it's Federer-Zverev final. Might aswell just hold it in Bogota as aren't they playing the exhibition match there on Tuesday? Thought it was a bit strange scheduling it so soon after the final, London to South America isn't exactly an hour or two away either.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thiem deserves it, he is both very very good now on HC and a pleasure to watch. He has a unique and immediately recognizable playstyle, and he seems to have found mental clutchness.

But if Federer maintains the level of his last match, he could very well take it. Tsitsipas has been pretty good but he is not clutch enough. Zverev is probably happy to make the SF after his poor year, I'm not sure he is motivated enough to beat the other guys.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Usually, Thiem would be a lock for the final, but he is sick (once again), so it remains to be seen if he can perform at full power. Zverev is the weakest of the four, he was lucky to meet a more than rusty Nadal and a non caring Medvedev.

If I perform like against Djokovic, there is no doubt that I will lift the throphy. But I'm a fucking grumpy old man - you never know whats coming. Or as Johnny Groove would say, I'm at that age that I can't look past the next shit.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Look at that final 4. Can’t stop chuckling at those names. What an era! Murray is going to have a field day next year!

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
If Thiem and Federer can reproduce/sustain their best levels, they should meet in the final. And that would be quite the match, dunno who would win it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
its too close to call, a very exciting end to the year for sure

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
481 Posts
Federer because he is always ready when there isn't a Djokovic or Nadal left. Obvious in this case Rafa wouldn't be a big obstacle in the semifinal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Usually, Thiem would be a lock for the final, but he is sick (once again), so it remains to be seen if he can perform at full power. Zverev is the weakest of the four, he was lucky to meet a more than rusty Nadal and a non caring Medvedev.

If I perform like against Djokovic, there is no doubt that I will lift the throphy. But I'm a fucking grumpy old man - you never know whats coming. Or as Johnny Groove would say, I'm at that age that I can't look past the next shit.
Thanks for your take Rog.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
These courts put a huge emphasis on the serve, this means that not necessarily the better player win but rather the better server, it is Federer title to lose.
lol what nonsense, there's been plenty of long and cool rallies during the week. Also Federer broke Djokovic 3 times btw so if he wins the title he won't do it from the service line. Not that the serve isn't a legit part of tennis though, it certainly is.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
impossible to call, all players have shown ups and downs this tournament. I would put Roger and Domi as the co favourites, followed by Stefanos, then Sasha who was the least convincing all in all.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
lol what nonsense, there's been plenty of long and cool rallies during the week. Also Federer broke Djokovic 3 times btw so if he wins the title he won't do it from the service line. Not that the serve isn't a legit part of tennis though, it certainly is.
How is that a nonsense, these courts favor the server more than most courts on the calendar. That's the way it is.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I can already see it. Fed will luck out and win the title by steamrolling an exhausted Tsitsipas, then beating an exhausted Thiem/Zverev after they demolish each other in a grueling 3-set match. Hope I'm wrong though. I would prefer Tsitsipas to win but I'll take any of the 3 over Fed.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts