Votes: 75 55.1%
  • Blake

Votes: 61 44.9%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So who is going to win this one and why?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Re: Nadal vs. Blake

I think James. He's been on a roll this summer. I can see him winning in 4 or 5 sets.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Nadal is much more of a player than James. OK, Blake has improved a lot, I really like him but he doesn't have a shot against Nadal. Rafa is more DOMINANT every mathc he plays!

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Rafa didnt look good at all against Scoville or whatever that guys name is, and with the way Blake has been playing recently I wouldnt be surprised if we were headed for an upset.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I would like Blake to win (I voted for him) but he will have to play a very consistent and attacking game to win this. Nadal is not going to break under pressure and neither should Blake.

Blake will have to serve and volley a lot more and try to keep the points short.

I have a feeling that Nadal will win in 4 sets.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Rafa didnt look good at all against Scoville or whatever that guys name is, and with the way Blake has been playing recently I wouldnt be surprised if we were headed for an upset.
Blake doesn't have the firepower and the serve that Jenkins have, but he's not weak on his own and he's far more consistent and a better volleyer, and even a tactician (although he goes to lalaland once in a while). Playing at this level, he should be able to at least win a set against Nadal.

For an upset, he'll have to serve perfectly and be as consistent as he can, attacking all the time.

Go Blake! I wanna see an All-American QF with Agassi and Blake. :p

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Even though Rafa is a tremendous player, who has had great results this year on hardcourt, we still haven't seen *enough* from him to crown anybody in this match the winner ahead of time. So, I think this is too hard to tell, but I have faith that Rafa will pull it through!!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
I think Rafa would have "looked better" had the conditions not been soo horrific. Yes, BOTH players deal with the same conditions. :) But you could tell Rafa was getting frustrated by it and so was his game. That was a challenge for many of the top players that day and frustrated many people's games. Blake is playing amazing, but I think Rafa will play to his potential without all that wind.

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts
It's a fool's errant to attempt -- or even imply -- to be completly objective. Meaning that we all let our biases color our subjective "objectivity." There's no such thing.

That being said, I think we've all been given plenty of reasons and/or objective facts as to why Nadal's currently the run-away second best player in the world. Thus while upsets a la Muller/Roddick can and obviously do happen, on paper, this is Nadal's match to lose.

And IMNSHO, that's just not gonna happen.

Rafa in three -- or, at worst, in four.

Mind you, Nadal's just getting rid of the jitters and warming-up to The Open. Expect to see a much improved Rafa on Saturday.

Hey, I could be wrong -- certainly wouldn't be a first -- but no way, no how, Blake's in Nadal's league. And I'll still be saying that even if he manages to pull off the (unlikely) upset.

BTW, just as in RG, I'm a bit suspect on a draw that consistently manages to pit Rafa against popular players from the host nation. And no, no tinfoil in my cap.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
i want blake to win but i don't know is that going to happen or not? all i know is that the match gonna be tough for nadal...
my vote went to blake anyway

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
nadal.... i know he can.... not comfortably, maybe in 4 or 5 sets even, but he will win

every now and then, we have a thread saying whoever xyz can beat nadal blah blah blah...

that's funny coz nadal is a no.2 player and these threads dont happen to other player like hewitt or agassi....

well, dont spoil my hope for nadal vs federer in the final.....

plus

why do nadal has to play the americans all the way through... he may have to play agassi in QF if he goes through? (well, at least not roddick in semi if he is through...)

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
RedFury said:
BTW, just as in RG, I'm a bit suspect on a draw that consistently manages to pit Rafa against popular players from the host nation. And no, no tinfoil in my cap.
I think it's sheer coincidence (you won't see me looking for any conspiracy theories) but what are the odds?

In France, he had to play against two of the main French players, Gasquet (much hyped match) and Grosjean (who can forget that partisan crowd?).
Here, in the USO, round 3 and American player number 3 coming up. Rafa will have to be ready for this crowd to root for Blake all the way but he now has quite a bit of experience playing against somebody in front of his home crowd.

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
landoud said:
i want blake to win but i don't know is that going to happen or not? all i know is that the match gonna be tough for nadal...
my vote went to blake anyway
i agree with you :yeah: :worship:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts