Mens Tennis Forums banner

3rd Round Battles of the Animal Kingdom at US Open? Which group will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking through the 3rd round of the US Open and there does seem to be a few matches involving members of the animal kingdom. Too bad Roddick missed out as there was alwaya place for Duck at the US Open.

Matches are:

Guillermo " The Weasel" Coria vs Robin "The Toad" Söderling
David "Froggy" Ferrer vs Dominik " The Chipmunk" Hrbaty
Jarkko "The Shark" Nieminen vs Max "The Beast" Mirnyi

I am not sure if the animal liberation people would be happy with this and for those who don't know, this is not meant to be taken too seriously.

For the record the winners in the battle of the animals will be:

Weasel will be one of them and I think the Shark will win his match, the second one I am not sure of yet.

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
:lol: I got a suprise with the Chipmunk v Froggy match. You didn't mention that one before. Go the Chipmunk :D

By process of elimination (of the players I don't like)... I have to vote for the Shark and Toad!!

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its.like.that said:
Please explain each of these nicknames.
Coria for a resemblance to a weasel, though it's more for some of his on court antics which can be sneaky and weasel like at times.

Söderling looks like a toad when he has short hair.

Ferrer is called "Froggy" by Sjengster and in has certain frog like facial features.

Hrbaty, as for chipmunk that comes from the poster called The Boiled Egg, who thinks he has chipmunk like qualities, maybe it's his curly hair together with the facial features.

Mirnyi's nickname is Max the Beast, that's a common one.

Nieminen well he is one tenacious player and shark is play on his 1st name.

Weasel will catch the Toad.
Froggy will avoid the Chipmunk.
Shark will put the bite on the Beast.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
I'm not sure about the Shark. If he loses his serve a few times like he did against Phau, the Beast has a good chance.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I like the Toad and the Shark to win but it's likely the Weasel, the Froggy and the Beast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts