Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
33 years old Federer so far > 6 finals out of 10 events played, won 4 [And more...]

33 years old Fed.

10 tournaments played so far.

Reached the final in 6 of them, beating the French Open champion along the way.

Won 4 events, beating the World #1 and best player in the word in the final in one of them, the Australian Open + Miami + IW + Montecarlo + Rome champion.

Holding at least one title on EACH surface.

World #2.

Only Djokovic did better so far.

33 years.

:sport:

·
Your visions will happen
49,954 Posts
Re: 33 years old Federer so far > 6 finals out of 10 events played, won 4 [And more..

Federer will still be top 5 or more until 35 at least, I've been saying this for years. 2013 was due only to injury

·
Registered
645 Posts
Re: 33 years old Federer so far > 6 finals out of 10 tournaments played, won 4 [more]

won every 250 and 500 tournament he enter.

lost every GS and masters he enter.

not that impressive.

·
Registered
22,187 Posts
Re: 33 years old Federer so far > 6 finals out of 10 events played, won 4 [And more..

Roger is amazing, I wish I could make out with him while squeezing that cute butt of his.

·
Premium Member
21,526 Posts

I guess not even the biggest hater will mind Roger goating in 250s and 500s.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

What does Fed really care about? Slams, so far this year he hasn't been a contender in them. Now, he deserves the praise for last year's performances (his age/mileage taken into consideration), he lost a 5 setter in a Wimbledon final and reached USO SF, how he does in Wimbledon may very well define this year for him.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: 33 years old Federer so far > 6 finals out of 10 tournaments played, won 4 [more]

not that impressive.
to be honest, only 1 person can win slams and masters and Wawrinka (with his slam win) and Nole have won almost everything

·
Registered
8,506 Posts

CYGS is still on. Brisbane, Dubai, Halle done... Just Basel to go :yeah:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts

not that impressive.
I'm sure Djokovic will be so much better at that age.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

If Peak Federer played this year, he would have won every single tournament he entered.
No doubt about it.
Not a single shred of doubt.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

solid number 4 for the year, behind Djokovic, Wawrinka and Murray.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Roger has won 1 GS in the last 5 1/2 years.

"Washed up" Nadal has won 7 in the same time period.

Just another fan with a hidden agenda.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

33 years old Fed.

10 tournaments played so far.

Reached the final in 6 of them, beating the French Open champion along the way.

Won 4 events, beating the World #1 and best player in the word in the final in one of them, the Australian Open + Miami + IW + Montecarlo + Rome champion.

Holding at least one title on EACH surface.

World #2.

Only Djokovic did better so far.

33 years.

:sport:
I smell utter bullshit.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Within next 3 weeks stats will look like 5 titles from 10 participated tournaments and his biggest haters still wouldn't mind!

·
Registered
5,080 Posts

not that impressive.
In the open era, Rosewall won slams ages 33,35,36,37. He also won 2 WCT finals against Laver ages 36,37. He reached his last two slam finals age 39 at Wimbledon and USO. The USO final was 2 months short of his 40th birthday.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts

not that impressive.
This. He was better last year.

·
Registered
22,187 Posts

In the open era, Rosewall won slams ages 33,35,36,37. He also won 2 WCT finals against Laver ages 36,37. He reached his last two slam finals age 39 at Wimbledon and USO. The USO final was 2 months short of his 40th birthday.
Part of the reason why it's so silly to call Federer the GOAT, but his fans desperately need someone to vicariously live through...

I've never heard anyone properly explain to me why Federer is greater than Laver, Gonzales and Rosewall.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Part of the reason why it's so silly to call Federer the GOAT, but his fans desperately need someone to vicariously live through...

I've never heard anyone properly explain to me why Federer is greater than Laver, Gonzales and Rosewall.
Spoken like a true flat earther... whether Fed is the greatest or not, you can't use an era with a much lower level of competition to make that argument. By your way of thinking, why don't we go back to a geocentric method to explain our universe. It's just so dumb, but meh, I had to respond

1 - 20 of 67 Posts