Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nadal beat Moya 6-7(3) 7-6(8) 7-6(1) - the record of the longest three-setter is equaled :sad:
3 hours 54 minutes were playing also Andrei Cherkasov and Andrea Gaudenzi 15 years ago in Tel Aviv (quarterfinal). Cherkasov won 6-7(6) 7-6(2) 7-5.

Moya's amazing tie-break record is finished

:sad: :mad:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
if Nadal had picked his ass a couple of more times we would have had a lone record :awww:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Damn, couldn't Carlos have won a couple more points in that tiebreak? :mad:

:lol:

Voo de Mar I bet you liked this match a lot :D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, couldn't Carlos have won a couple more points in that tiebreak? :mad:

:lol:

Voo de Mar I bet you liked this match a lot :D
Of course, but I was cheering for Carlos :yeah: Rafa is an unbelievable fighter. Not many players could have saved 2 out of these 4 match points :shrug:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Of course, but I was cheering for Carlos :yeah: Rafa is an unbelievable fighter. Not many players could have saved 2 out of these 4 match points :shrug:
Voo...I LOVE all of your stats. :worship:

If Rafa had converted a decent number of the break chances he had, it wouldn't have even been this close.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Surprisingly, both of the longest 3set matches were played on hard. Gaudenzi and Cherkasov played 15 more points than Moya/Nadal though, so this really was the longest three-setter ever.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Not exactly. It means that the Spaniards just played a bit longer rallies :shrug:

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
An interesting comparison.

Moya beat Vicente at RG in 2005 in five sets. The two played 54 more points on clay and the match was 3 minutes shorter than this one.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Nadal taking his time between points probably added 30 minutes to the playing time compared to a different player ;)

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts