Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic Def. Hewitt 7-5 6-3 6-3

Hewitt was up a break in set 1 and set 2 but Djokovic was the better player he wasn't at his best today in my opinion. Well Done Nole!!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
AO R16: Djokovic def Hewitt 7-5 6-3 6-3

As expected. Lleyton fought well in first 2 sets and in the end of the last set (saved 2 MP's on Nole's serve), even being a break up in first two sets, but just couldn't hold it. Djoker was too hot for him. The QF with Pics will be a great match to watch.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Re: AO R16: Djokovic def Hewitt 7-5 6-3 6-3

Hewitt :sad: Nole :worship:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
Re: Djokovic Def. Hewitt 7-5 6-3 6-3

Djokovic didnt play his best match but it was enough against an exhausted Hewitt

I wonder why Hewitt never in 10 years of career thought of adding the DTL backhand to his catalogue of shots

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts

Novak was not at the top of his game but it was enough. I'm relieved that Hewitt wasn't at the top of his game either :tape:

Well done Nole to get through in straights after being down in the first two sets. Get a nice days rest and get ready to take on Ferrer! :rocker:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

Expected result. Good that Hewitt put up some fight at the end

Djokovic-Ferrer sounds hot for me

·
Registered
18,056 Posts

Half a gas tank and a puntured tyre doesnt help with sleep deprivation!!With the DTL backhand he used to play that alot along time ago especially in his Wimbledon days (at his peak),i dont know why his not using it as much these days!!

·
Registered
604 Posts

I knew it!Bravo Nole!:worship:Even if he didn't play his best tennis he won in 3 sets thats very good because next is Ferrer it's going to be great match and of course Nole is going to win;)
AJDEEEEEEE:worship:

·
Registered
27,280 Posts

Hewitt looked majorly clownish everytime he tried to hit a backhand down the line. Never looked anywhere near winning.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

Its such a boring match with Hewitt tired from his previous match and seems he gave the match away to the Joker with tons of UEs, no more fighting spirit :sad: With Ferrer we should have a good match :devil:

·
Registered
948 Posts

Should have been 6-2 in the 3rd set. I'm relieved, I know how tough Hewitt can be, and Novak was quite patchy for quite a while today.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts

Hewitt played some good points but not nearly enough to trouble Djokovic. Comfortable win and things should get more interesting from here. If Djokovic continues to play as passively, Ferrer has a shot at the upset.

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts

Wow, great fighting and come backs from both men ... that was a great match and I am still proud to be a Lleyton fan :worship:

Novak's on court interview was probably the most impressive I have ever heard. He was really gracious about Lleyton and Australia, honest about the combination of luck and talent that won him the match and then sweet and funny about his family. I was impressed before but totally won over now :)

·
Registered
191 Posts

It was very interesting that Novak admitted how nervous he was. That is the way he was playing in the first set especially. You can tell that Hewitt had him worried at times. Hewitt has showed me that he isnt that far from being a top ten player again. I dont think he will win another slam, but i do think this year will be a major improvement on last year.In saying that, well done to Novak, he is a big show for this year's tournament

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

Hewitt surrendered the 1s set, but you gotta take wht you are given. Splendid Novak, in the qf for the first time, and hsn't lost a set so far!

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Novak played 50% but that was good enough against tired Hewitt. He will need to step up against Ferrer. Novak did hit some very nice shots. It was a fun match to watch. Congrats to Djokovic. Somehow I feel sorry for Hewitt.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts