Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Streak began in 2005. In 2004, Coria won Monte Carlo, Federer won Hamburg (which has since been replaced by Madrid), and Moya won Rome.

Since then:

2005: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Hamburg)
2006: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Robredo (Hamburg)
2007: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Hamburg)
2008: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Hamburg), Djokovic (Rome)
2009: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Madrid)
2010: Nadal (Monte Carlo, Rome & Madrid)
2011: Nadal (Monte Carlo), Djokovic (Madrid & Rome)
2012: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Madrid)
2013: Djokovic (Monte Carlo), Nadal (Madrid & Rome)

2014: Wawrinka (Monte Carlo), Nadal (Madrid), Djokovic (Rome)

·
23,064 Posts
Streak began in 2005. In 2004, Coria won Monte Carlo, Federer won Hamburg (which has since been replaced by Madrid), and Moya won Rome.

Since then:

2005: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Hamburg)
2006: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Robredo (Hamburg)
2007: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Hamburg)
2008: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Hamburg), Djokovic (Rome)
2009: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Madrid)
2010: Nadal (Monte Carlo, Rome & Madrid)
2011: Nadal (Monte Carlo), Djokovic (Madrid & Rome)
2012: Nadal (Monte Carlo & Rome), Federer (Madrid)
2013: Djokovic (Monte Carlo), Nadal (Madrid & Rome)

2014: Wawrinka (Monte Carlo), Nadal (Madrid), Djokovic (Rome)
Cool. Really makes an open 2014 you think. And at least you could say that the dominators Djokodal are still consistent but some are stepping up the plate.

·
23,064 Posts
What if the RG winner this year didn't win a ms on clay in 2014? Like in 2004.:lol:
Well if it is Nishikori (from what I see could be hard to do for him but not impossible) or Ferrer then it makes sense IMO.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Pretty interesting stat, but the reality is that this only happened because Djokovic picked up the wrist injury. If he had stayed healthy he would definitely have won MC and had a good chance at winning Madrid too.

·
23,064 Posts
Pretty interesting stat, but the reality is that this only happened because Djokovic picked up the wrist injury. If he had stayed healthy he would definitely have won MC and had a good chance at winning Madrid too.
I won't say he would definitely have won MC, I mean on that Stan form IMO I would give it a 60:40. Madrid, I agree is another story and could've changed the dynamic if him and Federer stayed there. That said I am happy kind the two are not there to give Nishikori some boost that he could play a whole week in a Masters.

·
23,064 Posts
So the world #3, the world #1 and world #2 won the three titles. Thrilling.
It's better than the then World #5(?) but is known to be very good on Clay getting to three Clay finals and winning two Clay titles without much resistance in the Final...at least the three Finals have been 3-Setters, ironically the champion losing the 1st Set. Also here there are at least 5 different Finalists compared to last year which had only 4, and this year almost had the then World #12 win one.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Also first time since 2004 that Rafa lost more than 2 matches during the clay season.
The perfect alternate title for the thread. That domination for 10 years is just :eek:. He was lucky with Madrid though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts