1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Bad news :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pete said on Leno last week that he didn't know what he was gonna do but that he would decide within the next month.

I don't think this indicates that he is gonna retire but it could mean that. Basically, what it does say is that he is no longer interested in finishing in the #10, that he is satisfied with what he's done and where he is.

A question for you ranking experts. Since Pete isn't gonna be playing anymore for the year, how far is it possible for Pete to drop?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I can't help but think he wants to go out with a better result at Wimbledon. Will he semi-retire and then ask for a wildcard or something? Because his play has been terrible these past few years.

·
Registered
326 Posts
:wavey:

Ok I admit I 'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist but doesn't this this just pave the way for Roddick to get the last place?

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
Pete not playing in Basel?

That's too bad...i was looking forward to seeing him play live before he really calls it quits.

:(

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
:eek: i'd be shocked if old Pete retired before Wimby 2003!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
that means Costa will make Shanghai meaning 3 easy wins for whoever he is drawn against
Hopefully Moya and Ferrero will make it, and be in his section ;) ;) ;)

Ok I admit I 'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist but doesn't this this just pave the way for Roddick to get the last place?
Roddick has to finish in the top 7 for this to happen. Personally I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he will :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
How is this for a wacko stat though...

It is *possible* that 3 of the 4 slam winners won't even finish in the top ten :eek:

Of course that assume that Thomas doesn't play all that well (I consider the injury), and the people behind Costa all pass him.

But is it *possible* :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts