Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No idea, but maybe opelka vs schnur?
While Opelka and Schnur were ranked quite low, they were not ranked side by side when they played each other. For example, I am looking for players that were ranked like 35th and 36th (these exact numbers are made up) when they played each other in the final.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This is correct! Andy Roddick has won 32 ATP events in the 21st century.

I've decided we can do two questions at once. One that is a bit easier like this one and one that is tough like Question 3. Did you want to pick the topic of the next question?

Current Topics

Tournament Finals
Qualifiers, Wildcards, Lucky Losers and Protected Rankings
Fewest ATP Wins
Fewest ATP Losses
Matches Played while Outside the Top 100
Tennis Players by Country
Lowest Ranked Winners
Yes, It can be "Qualifiers, Wildcards, Lucky Losers and Protected Rankings"

·
Registered
359 Posts
While Opelka and Schnur were ranked quite low, they were not ranked side by side when they played each other. For example, I am looking for players that were ranked like 35th and 36th (these exact numbers are made up) when they played each other in the final.
Now I get it, really hard..., were them two non seeded players? Or are we not allowed to get hints?

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Active Questions

Question 3: Tournament Finals

Many tournament finals are contested between players side by side in the rankings. A recent example is the ATP Cup final with World Number 1 Rafael Nadal playing World Number 2 Novak Djokovic. That is an example of the highest ranked side by side pair. Who are the lowest ranked side by side pair to play each other in an ATP tour final?

Question 5: Qualifiers, Wildcards, Lucky Losers and Protected Rankings (Easier)

Who is the only player in win an ATP tournament as a wildcard with a ranking in the top 5 in the world at the time?

·
10,297 Posts

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
For sure. He was 2nd in the rankings and received a Wild Card.
Fed at Rotterdam 2018?
My data from Tennis Abstract says that Federer did not have a wildcard at Rotterdam in 2018. Clearly upon looking it up, I see that my data is wrong. You guys are both correct. However, there is one other player who also achieved this feat. Can anyone identify the player?

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
My data from Tennis Abstract says that Federer did not have a wildcard at Rotterdam in 2018. Clearly upon looking it up, I see that my data is wrong. You guys are both correct. However, there is one other player who also achieved this feat. Can anyone identify the player?
Novak Djokovic, ranked 4th in the world, winning Eastbourne in 2017?

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Novak Djokovic, ranked 4th in the world, winning Eastbourne in 2017?
Tennis abstract also did not give Djokovic a wildcard for this event, but he did have one. Again you are correct. This makes me doubt some of the WC information from Tennis Abstract. We will move on from this question for now. I will need to confirm some information from a second source. :)

As you are correct, feel free to pick a topic.

Tournament Finals
Qualifiers, Wildcards, Lucky Losers and Protected Rankings
Fewest ATP Wins
Fewest ATP Losses
Matches Played while Outside the Top 100
Tennis Players by Country
Lowest Ranked Winners

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Active Questions

Many tournament finals are contested between players side by side in the rankings. A recent example is the ATP Cup final with World Number 1 Rafael Nadal playing World Number 2 Novak Djokovic. That is an example of the highest ranked side by side pair. Who are the lowest ranked side by side pair to play each other in an ATP tour final?

Question 6: Few ATP Wins

Despite only having four ATP tour wins, this player never lost in the first round of a tournament. Who is he?

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
There is at least one more. Who knows if Tennis Abstract missed others at this point.
Tomas Berdych, ranked 5th in the world, winning Stockholm Open in 2015?

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Active Questions

Despite only having four ATP tour wins, this player never lost in the first round of a tournament. Who is he?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
There is at least one more. Who knows if Tennis Abstract missed others at this point.
Wawrinka in Geneva 2017? Ranked 3, I believe

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Active Questions

Question 7: Qualifiers, Wildcards, Lucky Losers and Protected Rankings (easier)

According to Tennis Abstract's data, which player has received the most wildcards in the 21st century?

21 - 40 of 104 Posts