Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
|
14,958 Posts
We see who the greedy people are, those tournament directors who would rather cancel everything than play without a crowd.
And Craig Tiley has always been the worst of the worst, so I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
458 Posts
"Our best-case scenario at this point is having an tournament with players that we can get in here with quarantining techniques and Australian-only fans."
So, if not every player inside top 300 cant go there, this could mean an asterisked grand slam, no?

And what about the unfairness of ranking of players that can play against players that cant play? They will create a protected ranking for this?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
So, he is saying the AO may happen or it may not happen in these uncertain times. Good to know. That's also still 9 months out, and by or before then, we may have breakthrough treatments, maybe a vaccine, widely available, rapid and accurate testing, the virus could be under control, etcetera. A lot can happen in 9 months.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
So, if not every player inside top 300 cant go there, this could mean an asterisked grand slam, no?

And what about the unfairness of ranking of players that can play against players that cant play? They will create a protected ranking for this?
It depends on who these players are. If Djokovic is not there, then it would definitely be *. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tiley is just saying the AO may happen or it may not. At this point, nobody knows, not even Tiley.

·
Your visions will happen
48,541 Posts
RG and USO seem very determined to play so we will see when international borders open back up

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
It depends on who these players are. If Djokovic is not there, then it would definitely be *. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tiley is just saying the AO may happen or it may not. At this point, nobody knows, not even Tiley.
In another topic, I just mentioned you're passionate about the game and then I see this. Don't let me down, man!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Tiley being realistic about things. Good.

Of course professional sport is important from an economical perspective, but it looks like some people underestimate what is means to organise a grand slam. You need lots of people (athletes/non-athletes) and you can't play games with their health.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
We see who the greedy people are, those tournament directors who would rather cancel everything than play without a crowd.

They'll lose money, how is that greedy?

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Its always good to hear from Slam tournaments. But its still along way until 2021.
Things can change in a second, for better or worst.
Any tournament that doesnt alow foreign player to come should not be counted. I dont care who. USOpen, RG or AO.
In order for a tournament to be valid it must accept all players that qualify by ranking period.
The good thing about AO is if they decide and implement the 14 day quarentine rule all players normally come a few weeks before to get the jetlag out of their system.
Australia could get a second wave. Or not. Lets see how this season end and in what condtions.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Its always good to hear from Slam tournaments. But its still along way until 2021.
Things can change in a second, for better or worst.
Any tournament that doesnt alow foreign player to come should not be counted. I dont care who. USOpen, RG or AO.
In order for a tournament to be valid it must accept all players that qualify by ranking period.
The good thing about AO is if they decide and implement the 14 day quarentine rule all players normally come a few weeks before to get the jetlag out of their system.
Australia could get a second wave. Or not. Lets see how this season end and in what condtions.
I think that would be a good idea, if Australia handles the virus by then, they definitely could have players show up 2 weeks earlier to ensure competing players aren’t sick.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Why do they feel the need to speculate so many months ahead?
The situation will change from month to month, but I really would welcome if many associations will file for bankruptcy that keep on speculating like this...

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
20 > 19

😘

1 - 20 of 61 Posts