Mens Tennis Forums banner

5841 - 5860 of 5893 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
I wouldn't say the American police has a widespread problem of racism. There's rotten individuals like in every other profession, but it is wrong to blame the entire force because of these misguided souls. The real problem is that humble honest family men working for the police, men who have never said a single racist statement in their lives, are forced into guilt trips by the general public and mainstream media that only having the same profession like these disgusting creatures that actually are racists means they have to kneel down and beg for forgiveness.

Still, there's freedom of opinion and expression and if they think they need to do that, then let them. If people feel the need to demonstrate against what they perceive as racism in the force on a national level, I am perfectly fine with that as well. What I am not fine with is the above posted by Bakano. People who violently attack others under the cover of demonstrations because they have different skin, different opinions or different views. Same applies to people who use the occasion to burgle stores and steal equipment that costs several 1000 dollars. It's a shame and a disgrace and actually goes against everything peaceful demonstrations should stand for. I hope the ones (these "heroes") depicted in the above video will go to jail for decades and it will be living hell for them. And I am also glad that America has a President right now who stands up against the atrocities.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
I wouldn't say the American police has a widespread problem of racism. There's rotten individuals like in every other profession, but it is wrong to blame the entire force because of these misguided souls. The real problem is that humble honest family men working for the police, men who have never said a single racist statement in their lives, are forced into guilt trips by the general public and mainstream media that only having the same profession like these disgusting creatures that actually are racists means they have to kneel down and beg for forgiveness.

Still, there's freedom of opinion and expression and if they think they need to do that, then let them. If people feel the need to demonstrate against what they perceive as racism in the force on a national level, I am perfectly fine with that as well. What I am not fine with is the above posted by Bakano. People who violently attack others under the cover of demonstrations because they have different skin, different opinions or different views. Same applies to people who use the occasion to burgle stores and steal equipment that costs several 1000 dollars. It's a shame and a disgrace and actually goes against everything peaceful demonstrations should stand for. I hope the ones (these "heroes") depicted in the above video will go to jail for decades and it will be living hell for them. And I am also glad that America has a President right now who stands up against the atrocities.
You’ve been had, yet again.
The video is from months ago. No doubt you missed that the beaten man came out of nowhere, running at protesters waving a machete over his head. What would you have done?
The beaten guy later explained that he came from a few blocks away, because he was afraid that protesters would come to his apartment building, overcome the concierge and go up to his apartment. So he decided to go after the protesters before they could do all those things and get to his door. That suggests mental instability to me.
He then said what he did was stupid and deleted his twitter account. Which is probably the only thing he has done right, recently.
After he was kicked, protesters came to his aid and called an ambulance.
Of course, that did not stop Trump from using an edited version of the video to try to blame everything violent on protesters, and claim the man was dead. Although he said that in a way that only Trump could. "Those thugs kicked an innocent man to death. I don’t know if he died."

Given your ignorance of facts, I would assume that if you had seen the full page NY Times ad paid for by Trump, calling for the execution of five Innocent black teenagers, you would have immediately said, ‘’Lynch them. They are black. They are guilty. Why would I need context?"

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
You’ve been had, yet again.
The video is from months ago. No doubt you missed that the beaten man came out of nowhere, running at protesters waving a machete over his head. What would you have done?
The beaten guy later explained that he came from a few blocks away, because he was afraid that protesters would come to his apartment building, overcome the concierge and go up to his apartment. So he decided to go after the protesters before they could do all those things and get to his door. That suggests mental instability to me.
He then said what he did was stupid and deleted his twitter account. Which is probably the only thing he has done right, recently.
After he was kicked, protesters came to his aid and called an ambulance.
Of course, that did not stop Trump from using an edited version of the video to try to blame everything violent on protesters, and claim the man was dead. Although he said that in a way that only Trump could. "Those thugs kicked an innocent man to death. I don’t know if he died."

Given your ignorance of facts, I would assume that if you had seen the full page NY Times ad paid for by Trump, calling for the execution of five Innocent black teenagers, you would have immediately said, ‘’Lynch them. They are black. They are guilty. Why would I need context?"
Your attempt at justifying that is so morally repugnant 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
:ROFLMAO: (y)

You may be entirely wrong, but hey at least you are pretty creative with how you invented all this just now as a fictitious response to me at my most tolerant unracist self. I won't deny it, I lol'd. However, that does not change my accurate evaluation of your situation from my previous post, buddy(holly). On the contrary, it aggravates the scenario. Remember when you screamed for political change back in 2008 with everybody else? The change needed more than anything else you can only bring upon yourself. That's the one you should be screaming for. Loud and clear, buddy(holly). With your most voluminous voice. Good luck!

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
:ROFLMAO: (y)

You may be entirely wrong, but hey at least you are pretty creative with how you invented all this just now as a fictitious response to me at my most tolerant unracist self. I won't deny it, I lol'd. However, that does not change my accurate evaluation of your situation from my previous post, buddy(holly). On the contrary, it aggravates the scenario. Remember when you screamed for political change back in 2008 with everybody else? The change needed more than anything else you can only bring upon yourself. That's the one you should be screaming for. Loud and clear, buddy(holly). With your most voluminous voice. Good luck!
I am actually entirely right about that video. But you will not face that fact.

Racism I am not sure about, but it is a core message of Trump.

I don’t remember screaming for political change back in 2008.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
Your attempt at justifying that is so morally repugnant 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You mean like justifying a 17 year old child travelling to a town with an automatic rifle and running around the streets?
Like Trump tried to do?

Neither of you has made the slightest attempt to explain what treatment the machete-wielding "crazy" guy or the automatic-wielding child should have received.

And probably won’t.

But if you did, you would probably go with the Trump explanation - "That poor child running down the street brandishing an automatic, after shooting someone dead, was probably In fear of his life from that Lawless, violent mob."

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
You mean like justifying a 17 year old child travelling to a town with an automatic rifle and running around the streets?
Like Trump tried to do?
What other ppl do don't make you look better. No, I mean like bloody you trying to justify what we see above. It's the worst thing I've ever read here, you really crossed a line.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
[
What other ppl do don't make you look better. No, I mean like bloody you trying to justify what we see above. It's the worst thing I've ever read here, you really crossed a line.
You haven’t seen much, then. Didn’t you see the video of the Trumper running his car into a group of protesters in Charlotteville and killing one young girl? Or was that not too bad?

As I said before, if someone is running at you waving a machete over his head, having just attacked a skate-boarding kid, and you are unarmed, what do you do next?

And of course the big question is - why was the video clip edited to cut out the guy’s attack at the beginning and to cut out the protesters caring for him once their lives were no longer in danger at the end? Fake news, maybe?

Off topic - did you see Trump yesterday tell his supporters, "when I become President I will make our cities safe."
‘LOL. Cognitive ability, my ass.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
[

You haven’t seen much, then. Didn’t you see the video of the Trumper running his car into a group of protesters in Charlotteville and killing one young girl? Or was that not too bad?
What a shame at your age, Buddy, to never have learned that two wrongs don't make a right. What on Earth has what someone did in Charloteville got to do with what is shown in the above vid? Apalling 🤦‍♂️

The line was crossed by you, justifying that, in case you didn't understand my post.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
What a shame at your age, Buddy, to never have learned that two wrongs don't make a right. What on Earth has what someone did in Charloteville got to do with what is shown in the above vid? Apalling 🤦‍♂️

The line was crossed by you, justifying that, in case you didn't understand my post.
Well, I guess you have just not got any answers today. I did not justify it. But I am at a loss as to what the people in the street having their lives threatened should have done. You also seem to have no thoughts at all to share on what you would have done. So it is unreasonable to condemn it, when you seem to have no idea as to what they should have done to save their lives.

You said you had not seen anything here to rival the guy being badly beat up, ignoring that he was the instigator and had to be stopped.

So I asked you was it worse than an innocent girl, threatening no-one, being murdered on the street by a cowardly Trumper, also seen here, and you have no response. So you seem to think the girl being murdered in Charlotteville was the lesser atrocity.
‘So - female, left-leaning, murdered by a Trumper - nothing to see here.

Let’s get back to the poor, misunderstood little male, right-leaning, being ferociously kicked by the people he was just threatening to hack to death. Now there’s a thing to get a Trumper all riled up. The nerve of those people in the street to lose their calm - it was just a Trumper with a machete, after all. Maybe you could start a go-fund-me to buy him another machete.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,288 Posts
Is there data to back that assessment though...
Do your own research. Risk is not assessed with data though data can help make the case. Something can have a gazillion easy to exploit vulnerabilities and not be exploited, the risk is still high.

Afaik, electronic voting in US is very vulnerable as well.

Which one has higher risk and which one is more exploited, I have no idea. The Carter-Baker Report said mail-in voting was the method with the highest risk.

The main point here is the change of narrative from the Dems. Remember, just a few months ago, the DNC encouraged people to go to the voting stations in a primary round when only Biden, Sanders and Tulsi were the only candidates left. Tulsi was the only one to say for people not to go.

It's all a political game, both parties are corrupt as hell, fairly sure both commit extensive fraud in elections.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
[...] The Carter Center urges federal and state governments to expand access to vote-by-mail options and to provide adequate funding as quickly as possible to allow for the additional planning, preparation, equipment, and public messaging that will be required.
The nonpartisan 2005 Commission on Federal Election Reform, co-chaired by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James A. Baker III, noted among its many findings and recommendations that because it takes place outside the regulated environment of local polling locations, voting by mail creates increased logistical challenges and the potential for vote fraud, especially if safeguards are lacking or when candidates or political party activists are allowed to handle mail-in or absentee ballots.
However, the Carter-Baker Commission found that where safeguards for ballot integrity are in place – for example in Oregon, where the entire state has voted by mail since 1998 – there was little evidence of voter fraud. The commission’s main recommendations on vote-by-mail and absentee voting were to increase research on vote-by-mail (and early voting) and to eliminate the practice of allowing candidates or party workers to pick up and deliver absentee ballots. Fortunately, since 2005, many states have gained substantial experience in vote-by-mail and have shown how key concerns can be effectively addressed through appropriate planning, resources, training, and messaging.
“I urge political leaders across the country to take immediate steps to expand vote-by-mail and other measures that can help protect the core of American democracy – the right of our citizens to vote,” said former President Carter.

5841 - 5860 of 5893 Posts