Mens Tennis Forums banner

5641 - 5649 of 5649 Posts

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
he happened to be right on HCQ, even if only by chance; if he had his way on that, things would be better - Fauci and his ilk are to blame on that issue.
It's pretty much the opposite, though. He's nothing but a bandwagoner. Both CQ and Remdesivir were named by Chinese at the beginning of February when there were barely any cases outside China. The scientific world has been focusing on them ever since. That had nothing to do with Trump and his delusions of grandeur. All he did was acting extremely irresponsibly by making statements he had zero business making in a highly politicized and polarized social climate. And essentially, singlehandedly setting back the HCQ research by months.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,263 Posts
How was he right on HCQ? There is no science supporting that.
There is.

Oh, maybe you get your science news from Cameroonian sorceresses.
Huh?

What do you mean by "Fauci and his ilk" anyway? Why not just say world class virologists?
I'm not contesting their knowledge, I'm contesting their honesty, so it doesn't matter how good they are. Fauci is more of a Big Pharma lobbyist these days.

It's pretty much the opposite, though. He's nothing but a bandwagoner. Both CQ and Remdesivir were named by Chinese at the beginning of February when there were barely any cases outside China. The scientific world has been focusing on them ever since. That had nothing to do with Trump and his delusions of grandeur. All he did was acting extremely irresponsibly by making statements he had zero business making in a highly politicized and polarized social climate. And essentially, singlehandedly setting back the HCQ research by months.
I think it's clear by my use of words that Trump had little merit, if any, in being supportive of an effective drug.

Sure, he should know better, but to say he is the one responsible for the boycott is ridiculous.

It goes more or less like this:
  • doctors around the world start using HCQ based on their knowledge of the drug
  • promising results start to show up
  • Big Pharma says "We can't have that, there's no money to be made there"
  • Big Pharma begins their campaign against HCQ
  • meanwhile Trump starts to peddle HCQ
  • Big Pharma says "This is Gold! It'll make our campaign so much more effective! Hooray!"

·
RAVE ON
18,758 Posts
There is.

Huh?

I'm not contesting their knowledge, I'm contesting their honesty, so it doesn't matter how good they are. Fauci is more of a Big Pharma lobbyist these days.

I think it's clear by my use of words that Trump had little merit, if any, in being supportive of an effective drug.

Sure, he should know better, but to say he is the one responsible for the boycott is ridiculous.

• Big Pharma says "This is Gold! It'll make our campaign so much more effective! Hooray!"
Simply put, the evidence for efficacy is minimal to non-existent.

instead, yet another conspiracy theory purports to claim that the medical community world-wide is involved in denying the benefits of hydroxychloroquine.

Cameroonian sorceresses and the laughable far-right AAPS are representative of the support for hydroxychloroquine. Conspiracy theorists all.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts

Well, if you want to put it this way, then he's been the face of "the Big Pharma campaign". Everything he did and said since early March, including the massive Gilead deal he authorized, played straight to their hands and against any independent and unsolicited HCQ research.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Got a call from a Dem party pollster today. Informed him that I am NOT a Democrat but that I AM planning to vote for Biden in November. He was a bit confused at first, but I sorted it out. Now I’m in line for about 50 “get out the vote” calls in October 🙄.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,736 Posts
Got a call from a Dem party pollster today. Informed him that I am NOT a Democrat but that I AM planning to vote for Biden in November. He was a bit confused at first, but I sorted it out. Now I’m in line for about 50 “get out the vote” calls in October 🙄.
that's very personal now. Leaflets were enough I thought.

5641 - 5649 of 5649 Posts