Mens Tennis Forums banner

4641 - 4660 of 4974 Posts

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
" Actually we also lost touch some time ago, after I told him that his relentless whining about the shortcomings of Miami Haitians was of no interest me."

LoL, forgetting what you wrote yesterday? what's wrong with you? NEWSFLASH: you aren't the only person with the right to relentless whine, did he ever tell you he wasn't interested in your relentless whining about his president?
he wasn’t necessarily lecturing the guy. you never lost contact with a friend of yours because of petty political conflict? I also did, the ones who support Erdogan wholeheartedly come to mind, some others too. You don’t really have to lecture them, expressing an opinion is enough for them to get offended and stop writing you. Think of friends you had in the past who supported Catalan independence or premiership of Pedro Sanchez et cetera.

BH’s example is even worse because the bloke is an immigrant and once he settles down in his new country, he thinks he has the right to oppose any new immigrants arriving. Happens all the time in the world, when you get comfortable you forget all your past struggles. Think of the recent spanish film, El Hoyo.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
McEnany did not say it was some horrible stuff, was simply pointing out the hypocrisy, since Chris said HCQ is not supported by science. She said she had learned this tidbit about Cuomo just before coming to the press conference, so she might had been under the impression that he took the proper medical dosage, as I was. Turns out Chris is not only an hypocrite but dumb too, he believes in homeopathy.
She did not learn this "little tidbit", it was information put out by the Cuomo family, including the exact dosage. So she could never have been under the impression that he took a "proper" medical dosage,whatever you may think that is.
And just to compound your dealing in fantasy, you say that she learned this tidbit just before the press conference. The dosage was made public in early April!!

No, sorry, you were excited by McEnany garbage, as many others no doubt are. Hope you will realize from this that a McEnany press briefing is nothing but a propaganda session for the cool-aid drinkers.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
" Actually we also lost touch some time ago, after I told him that his relentless whining about the shortcomings of Miami Haitians was of no interest me."

LoL, forgetting what you wrote yesterday? what's wrong with you? NEWSFLASH: you aren't the only person with the right to relentless whine, did he ever tell you he wasn't interested in your relentless whining about his president?
What relentless whining about his President? One mention in over three years is relentless?

What is wrong with you?

Oh, OK, I see, maybe you are just not focused enough to realize that there were two Cubans mentioned in the post.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
he wasn’t necessarily lecturing the guy. you never lost contact with a friend of yours because of petty political conflict? I also did, the ones who support Erdogan wholeheartedly come to mind, some others too. You don’t really have to lecture them, expressing an opinion is enough for them to get offended and stop writing you. Think of friends you had in the past who supported Catalan independence or premiership of Pedro Sanchez et cetera.

BH’s example is even worse because the bloke is an immigrant and once he settles down in his new country, he thinks he has the right to oppose any new immigrants arriving. Happens all the time in the world, when you get comfortable you forget all your past struggles. Think of the recent spanish film, El Hoyo.
That's your interpretation.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
What relentless whining about his President? One mention in over three years is relentless?
So this, only once?

My long time Cuban friend and tennis buddy for years, now in Miami, has stopped communicating with me, because he was tired of people criticicising the US because of their percieved failure of Trump‘s ability to deal with the pandemic. When I tried to explain that it was my love of the US that that led me to say that a proven thief, conman and racist does not in any way represent American ideals, but in fact represents the opposite, the emails stopped. I told him that Trump was a man that would look at him and think "rapist and thief". Trump is the very opposite of what the Statue of Liberty stands for.

Oh, OK, I see, maybe you are just not focused enough to realize that there were two Cubans mentioned in the post.
LoL what the other said is just BS, plenty of Dem voters in Miami, some relatives and countless acquaintances of mine among them.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Indeed the absence of @ssin on NT was truly felt (even though we interacted via PMs not long ago on why he decided to choose this path) I hope he postes a bit more often. We disagree as much as we do agree but posts of BH and ssin made me love this section of MTF in the first place.
This global corona thing has been dull, I suspect I'll raise my level of participation as the campaign in the US gets more heated.

Of course, what interesting is to talk about if you agree with someone about everything? It's the opposing views that originally drew me to this forum and kept me coming back.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,201 Posts
She did not learn this "little tidbit", it was information put out by the Cuomo family, including the exact dosage. So she could never have been under the impression that he took a "proper" medical dosage,whatever you may think that is.
And just to compound your dealing in fantasy, you say that she learned this tidbit just before the press conference. The dosage was made public in early April!!

No, sorry, you were excited by McEnany garbage, as many others no doubt are. Hope you will realize from this that a McEnany press briefing is nothing but a propaganda session for the cool-aid drinkers.
It's not me who says it, it's her words. The fact stands that Chris Cuomo criticised Trump for taking HCQ due to not being supported by science (which is false but not the argument here) while he himself took homeopathic medicine, how is that not hypocrisy of the highest degree? Kayleigh might have gotten the exact hipocrisy wrong but she delivered the main point correctly, that people criticising Trump for taking HCQ are full of shit. Check out the latest posts on the Coronavirus thread.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
It's not me who says it, it's her words. The fact stands that Chris Cuomo criticised Trump for taking HCQ due to not being supported by science (which is false but not the argument here) while he himself took homeopathic medicine, how is that not hypocrisy of the highest degree? Kayleigh might have gotten the exact hipocrisy wrong but she delivered the main point correctly, that people criticising Trump for taking HCQ are full of shit. Check out the latest posts on the Coronavirus thread.
How is that not hypocrisy?

Because Cuomo took something that has been available over the counter for years and is guaranteed to be harmless, because the non-existence of side-effects of drinking water have been known for years.

Cuomo’s lack of good sense is a different discussion.

You did not say it, but the fact remains that you gleefully endorsed it and jumped on McEnany’s nonsense, without having any idea what you were talking about. Your assumption was that if Cuomo is taking something that McEnany says is dangerous, then it must be true. Everybody know’s that McEnany’s official job is to lie for Trump. As were the two press secretaries before her that are now on the garbage heap of WH laughing stocks.

If McEnany had said that Cuomo was criticizing Trump for taking chloroquine, while Cuomo himself was taking an aspirin a day, would you have breathlessly rushed to get the video on MTF?
After all, it is a known fact that aspirin has more dangerous side effects than homeopathic quinine.

BYW, are you aware that a new study just out today, the biggest yet, across five continents, found that infected patients that took chloroquine were 35% more likely to die?
Yes, that is more, not less.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
Speaking of McEnany, she brought the WH press briefing today to new heights of hilarity. Or should I say to new depths of depravity.

After Trump spent a few minutes saying he wanted churches filled with worshippers, who must not be deprived from practicing their faith, he wisely left without taking questions. I say wisely, although an oxymoron in Trump’s case, because he said that if the governors did not open the churches he would. In the real world that decision actually resides with the governors, not with a desperate president who thought he would use religion as red meat. I doubt Trump himself remembers what the inside of a church l0oks like.

As if that was not enough, McEnany then came out and immediately got bogged down over who could order churches to open. Getting frustrated, she stopped taking questions because, as she then said, "you reporters are not asking the questions I want to be asked." You can’t make this up.

So she then read a prepared list of questions that reporters should ask if they wanted an answer. They all had to do with ridiculous Obama conspiracy theories that Trump is trying to peddle to the most easily deluded of his base. Yes, she actually did that!

Then she took no more questions and walked away. What a performance! She outdid herself today in bizarre behaviour.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Biden Trump debates will be a lot of fireworks. Trump will provoke senile Jose to say things that will be laughed at by generations.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Biden Trump debates will be a lot of fireworks. Trump will provoke senile Jose to say things that will be laughed at by generations.
We’re basically in for 90 minutes of two senile old men rambling. Fuck it, they should put Bernie in there to make it three of em.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
So this, only once?

My long time Cuban friend and tennis buddy for years, now in Miami, has stopped communicating with me, because he was tired of people criticicising the US because of their percieved failure of Trump‘s ability to deal with the pandemic.

LoL what the other said is just BS, plenty of Dem voters in Miami, some relatives and countless acquaintances of mine among them.
Yes, only once. The "people" referred to in his response do not include me.

My friend indicated that if you arrive from Cuba and accept financial help from the community while you are getting established, then you will be expected to make regular contributions to the Republican Party.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
My friend indicated that if you arrive from Cuba and accept financial help from the community while you are getting established, then you will be expected to make regular contributions to the Republican Party.
What's "the community"? There are thousands organizations in Miami, perhaps he received help from one supporting Rep. Everyone is entitled to expect anything, then you're entitled to meet those expectations or not. Anyway that's a far far cry from "to progress in that society, absolute subservience to the Republican Party was essential", which is utter, almost comical, BS if you consider Miami has had Dem majors for 38 of last 53 years (since 1967, when Cubans were already taking over South Fla.)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
So who is it going to be?

A senile, confused old man who has trouble articulating sentences that makes sense and making every faux paux possible?

Or a beyond stupid tv clown who has no fucking clue about politics and is now a confirmed mass murderer, by recommending a malaria drug that increases mortality?

I fear the US has already lost before the election is happening. The only small chance they have is Biden picking a decent VP and then dying.

4641 - 4660 of 4974 Posts