Mens Tennis Forums banner

4601 - 4620 of 4966 Posts

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts
WHO just announced that today was the highest ever number of new cases. So it is far from over.

Not surprisingly, the three biggest contributing nations are misgoverned by a trio of deniers - Trump, Putin and Bolsonaro.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,200 Posts
BOOM!!!

"Yesterday I met with General Prosecutor Shokin," says Poroshenko. And despite of the fact that we didn't have any corruption charges, we don't have any information about him doing something wrong, I specially asked him - no, it was day before yesterday - I specially asked him to resign. In, uh, as his, uh, position as a state person. And despite of the fact that he has a support in the power. And as a finish of my meeting with him, he promised to give me the statement on resignation. And one hour ago he bring me the written statement of his resignation. And this is my second step for keeping my promises."

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
The US as a whole is doing about as well as Ireland and Switzerland. Better than France, the UK, Italy and Spain. Worse than Germany, China and South Korea. Lots of variation between states, with the east coast doing quite poorly and the west coast doing pretty well.

People like sheep85 and swiss_tennisgod have been talking out of their ass for a while now about the US, but those are the facts.
And there is NO major epidemics in US. There is one in US North/Northeast, region ruled by European style liberal lunatics and hippies. Utter failures like Cuomo or Murphy.
You take North/Northeast out of picture? No other area has anything that goes statistically much beyond your usual flu season.

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts
And there is NO major epidemics in US. There is one in US North/Northeast, region ruled by European style liberal lunatics and hippies. Utter failures like Cuomo or Murphy.
You take North/Northeast out of picture? No other area has anything that goes statistically much beyond your usual flu season.
You are getting ever more ridiculous in your Trump-style attempts at deflections and denials. The northeast is where the people are, duh! The northeast is a densely-populated area, duh!
And ultimately it should be ruled by Donald Trump, if he ever would take time off from tweeting conspiracy theories to actually govern. Come to think of it, The West Wing maybe has a higher case rate than New York.

So what liberal style lunatic and hippie do you think rules Moscow?

Or Dagestan, for that matter. What are your "eyes on the ground" saying about that region?

I suppose some Bolsonaro supporter will come along now to claim that there is NO major epidemic in Brazil, just in Rio and San Paulo. Look at a map, ferchrisake, he will say, the vast area of the Amazon is practically virus-free. Yippee, virus-free!

Oh, and well done Siberia. Living proof that Putin has this thing completely under control.

Seriously, though, you have done a service by pointing out how effective social distancing actually is. Across the vast central area of the US, social distancing is part of life.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
damn. so we have counted wrong all of the time? we should take out the worst affected areas like lombardy, madrid, elsass and NY/NJ/MA with tenthousands of victims each and magically a major pandemic of a novel respiratory virus turns into not much beyond of a regular flu season?
we knew you were a dense mofo already but this is something else.

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts
A new study suggests that just a one-week delay in US lockdowns may have cost 30,000 lives.

So you could say Trump did his bit, along with China, in upping the numbers.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You are getting ever more ridiculous in your Trump-style attempts at deflections and denials. The northeast is where the people are, duh! The northeast is a densely-populated area, duh!
And ultimately it should be ruled by Donald Trump, if he ever would take time off from tweeting conspiracy theories to actually govern. Come to think of it, The West Wing maybe has a higher case rate than New York.

So what liberal style lunatic and hippie do you think rules Moscow?

Or Dagestan, for that matter. What are your "eyes on the ground" saying about that region?

I suppose some Bolsonaro supporter will come along now to claim that there is NO major epidemic in Brazil, just in Rio and San Paulo. Look at a map, ferchrisake, he will say, the vast area of the Amazon is practically virus-free. Yippee, virus-free!

Oh, and well done Siberia. Living proof that Putin has this thing completely under control.

Seriously, though, you have done a service by pointing out how effective social distancing actually is. Across the vast central area of the US, social distancing is part of life.
Donald Trump had nothing to do with, and in fact would have been almost powerless to stop, Gov. Cuomo's decision to force nursing homes to take in coronavirus-infected patients, a decision that caused thousands of deaths.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
So it turns out Trump was right about HCQ-
Did you take it yet? Better be sure, man! Rumours say you live in Philadelphia, where the virus is spreading fast.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Donald Trump had nothing to do with, and in fact would have been almost powerless to stop, Gov. Cuomo's decision to force nursing homes to take in coronavirus-infected patients, a decision that caused thousands of deaths.
Everything, nearly everything that Cuomo did, was a disaster.
This unbelievable debacle with nurseries.
Crying wolf for federal resources in early April, having done so much, diverted so much by feds for him, and ending up never using most of it, wasting precious resources. And currently still keeping NYC locked down, aggravating the worst possible problems the city has.
I think this is the end of NYC as we know, its economy will be significantly destroyed, its office space and commercial property markets never recovering with soaring wfh, its residential property markets also destroyed together with main incentive of living in the city ( being close to jobs ) waning with massive WFH..
It's such a fiasco. And new Yorkers still hate Trump, for whatever reason..

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts
Everything, nearly everything that Cuomo did, was a disaster.
This unbelievable debacle with nurseries.
Crying wolf for federal resources in early April, having done so much, diverted so much by feds for him, and ending up never using most of it, wasting precious resources. And currently still keeping NYC locked down, aggravating the worst possible problems the city has.
I think this is the end of NYC as we know, its economy will be significantly destroyed, its office space and commercial property markets never recovering with soaring wfh, its residential property markets also destroyed together with main incentive of living in the city ( being close to jobs ) waning with massive WFH..
It's such a fiasco. And new Yorkers still hate Trump, for whatever reason..
Are you aware that if Trump had acted as a National leader one week earlier, 35,000 lives might have been saved, two weeks earlier and 84% of deaths might have been prevented?

As for nursing homes, I do not know the details, but think that Ontario has similar or even higher death rates in long term homes. So that is a red herring. Long term home residents were in trouble every which way.

What Cuomo did was become the national spokesman for coronavirus news in the US. People were watching the shambles of Trump’s briefings for amusement, not for information.

EDIT: Just did a brief search. It seems that deaths in long term care homes in NY are much the same as, or less than in many other states.
So red herring it seems to be.

Maybe ys was studying dead plants.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
You know, about "red herring", just one word - Florida.

Trump's general handling of this was better than perfect, if you look at actual actions, not words.
Not once but systematically he went against the advice of worshipped by liberals criminal organization called WHO, and was right at the end.
He was visionary, no less in handling this , despite all lies by WHO, deceptions by China and resistance by domestic enemy, that had been against whatever he suggested.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts

Trump's general handling of this was better than perfect, if you look at actual actions, not words.
Not once but systematically he went against the advice of worshipped by liberals criminal organization called WHO, and was right at the end.
He was visionary, no less in handling this , despite all lies by WHO, deceptions by China and resistance by domestic enemy, that had been against whatever he suggested.
you may be the only Trump fan immigrant in the country, mate.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I am not his fan. I generally consider him unpleasant, boastful , significantly buffoonish personality. But I am also trying to judge him not by those visual and media effects, but by his decisions and actions. Just trying to be objective, you know.

I can totally understand people who consider his personality repulsive, and view anything in his presidency through that primarily. I can understand that. I just don't think that that approach is worth of intelligent person.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Trump's general handling of this was better than perfect,

Oh this is too good. Please don't stop posting, man. Your posts are not perfect, they are BETTER!

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts

Now I know you are perhaps in the same mentally unstable state as Trump. Calling an American tragedy brought on by an inept and clueless Trump "better than perfect" can only be utter "head in the sand" stupidity or calculated trolling.

But maybe you are right. Only a true visionary could tell a nation that the higher the death rate climbs, the bigger the badge of honour on the President’s lapel.

As the Irish Times says, Trump no longer needs mockery, but pity.

·
RAVE ON
18,509 Posts
My long time Cuban friend and tennis buddy for years, now in Miami, has stopped communicating with me, because he was tired of people criticicising the US because of their percieved failure of Trump‘s ability to deal with the pandemic. When I tried to explain that it was my love of the US that that led me to say that a proven thief, conman and racist does not in any way represent American ideals, but in fact represents the opposite, the emails stopped. I told him that Trump was a man that would look at him and think "rapist and thief". Trump is the very opposite of what the Statue of Liberty stands for.

But I did find out earlier from another Cuban friend, now also in Miami, that to progress in that society, absolute subservience to the Republican Party was essential. Actually we also lost touch some time ago, after I told him that his relentless whining about the shortcomings of Miami Haitians was of no interest me.

Funny how when some people finally find freedom, they then don’t want others to have it.

4601 - 4620 of 4966 Posts