Mens Tennis Forums banner

4221 - 4240 of 4355 Posts

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
First Wuhan case was in mid November, China did fuck all for more than a month too. Not to mention they probably know what happened, since it probably came from Wuhan's level-4 virology lab. Ofc, we can't rule out it being sabotaged by a spy from another country, so we don't know whose fault it is, but they already had information about the virus.
That's two inane conspiracy theories stacked on each other.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
Tulsi drops from the race and endorses Biden. What a disappointment...

Will Jimmy Dore now finally pick up the AK-47?

I don't understand all the Bernie supporters getting angry about this, as if Bernie isn't going to endorse his good friend Joe after dropping out. I guess they forgot about 2016. Still trying to play by the rules of the system they hate, when will they learn?

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,143 Posts
That's two inane conspiracy theories stacked on each other.
That it somehow leaked from the lab is not even a conspiracy theory, could have been accidental. Are you even aware of the study they were/are doing on bats? (that's official information, btw)

Also, do you know what probability means? Is it really inane to think that a virus showing up near a level-4 virology lab is probably not a coincidence?

And how can you rule out sabotage, how can you know that's impossible? I didn't even say that was probable, just possible. I'm open-minded to any possibility, you're not?

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,143 Posts
Will Jimmy Dore now finally pick up the AK-47?

I don't understand all the Bernie supporters getting angry about this, as if Bernie isn't going to endorse his good friend Joe after dropping out. I guess they forgot about 2016. Still trying to play by the rules of the system they hate, when will they learn?
He must be very disappointed as well.

Don't know if you're talking to me or Jimmy but none of us were real Sanders supporters, he was simply the best electable option. This isn't about Bernie anyway, as Tulsi says and I agree on that, Biden's victory is more than sealed. The disappointment is that she endorsed Biden for the November election. When she endorsed Hillary - only in August - she did it with contempt.

Regarding Bernie's actions, I wonder if he's not a decoy to keep progressives from not forming another party. It's very hard to believe he actually wanted to win - same based on his actions in 2016 as well. His response to the newest RussiaRussiaRussia hoax was appalling as well.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
That it somehow leaked from the lab is not even a conspiracy theory, could have been accidental. Are you even aware of the study they were/are doing on bats? (that's official information, btw)

Also, do you know what probability means? Is it really inane to think that a virus showing up near a level-4 virology lab is probably not a coincidence?

And how can you rule out sabotage, how can you know that's impossible? I didn't even say that was probable, just possible. I'm open-minded to any possibility, you're not?
I know about the study, but that by itself isn't anything nefarious as bats have been linked to corona viruses for a long time and I didn't see any reason to believe the theories after seeing 26 scientists from 9 countries speak out against it:

He must be very disappointed as well.

Don't know if you're talking to me or Jimmy but none of us were real Sanders supporters, he was simply the best electable option. This isn't about Bernie anyway, as Tulsi says and I agree on that, Biden's victory is more than sealed. The disappointment is that she endorsed Biden for the November election.
I was talking in general, seeing responses on social media. At least we can stop following the charade now, since even if Biden manages to fend off the creeping dementia there is no way he won't get crushed by Trump.
Regarding Bernie's actions, I wonder if he's not a decoy to keep progressives from not forming another party. It's very hard to believe he actually wanted to win - same based on his actions in 2016 as well. His response to the newest RussiaRussiaRussia hoax was appalling as well.
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a person, but he has been operating within the system for so long that he simply can't see a way out of it. And he is spouting the same American exceptionalism as the average Republican, so he really only is progressive by the ridiculous American standards.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,143 Posts
I know about the study, but that by itself isn't anything nefarious as bats have been linked to corona viruses for a long time and I didn't see any reason to believe the theories after seeing 26 scientists from 9 countries speak out against it:

The official motive of the study is very positive actually, the goal is to one day genetically engineer humans to have the same immune regulation system that bats have. Whether the chinese or another government would like to weaponize the study or not is not known but can't be ruled out.

I read the paper that was linked in the article you posted and is not conclusive on whether it was genetically engineered or not. I didn't claim it was anyway, may be it was may be not, not having been engineered doesn't mean it couldn't have come out of the lab. Also, the version that infected the first humans could be a natural evolution of a previously engineered version, who knows.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Poor democrats, desperation is the only thing left to them.

A poll released Friday shows President Donald Trump’s approval for his handling of the Chinese coronavirus outbreak is on the rise.
In the figures reported by ABC, a full 55 percent of Americans approve of the president’s management of the crisis, against 43 percent who disapprove.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Poor democrats, desperation is the only thing left to them.

A poll released Friday shows President Donald Trump’s approval for his handling of the Chinese coronavirus outbreak is on the rise.
In the figures reported by ABC, a full 55 percent of Americans approve of the president’s management of the crisis, against 43 percent who disapprove.
You can even feel how some Dems are grasping at the CV19 straw to bring Donnie down. A revolting sight.

·
RAVE ON
18,242 Posts
At today’s press conference a reporter asked the President if he had a message for American citizens that are feeling scared.
Trump exploded with rage at being asked such a nasty question. Why would anyone ask him if he was concerned for his citizens? Of course he wasn’t. He accused the reporter of doing very bad reporting for asking such a question.
The man, if that is what he is, just can’t think or care about anyone but himself.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
WAPO reporting that Trump received intelligence reports in January that warned of a coming pandemic.

He ignored them.

A few days ago people thought he was trying to rewrite history, but now it seems he was actually telling it how it is/was.

So Trump now admits that he has known for weeks that this would be a pandemic. I had thought that his repeated statements the problem was under control and his failure to get testing done and take other action to prevent the spread of Covid-19 the way Singapore and Hong Kong did showed how incompetent he is. I guess he’s now admitting that he intentionally lied to us and put us into the public health and economic crisis we find ourselves. Wow.
That's even worse. He knew it was a pandemic and did nothing to stop its spread. That makes him culpable for the result.

·
Registered
23 Posts
WAPO reporting that Trump received intelligence reports in January that warned of a coming pandemic.

He ignored them.
Quite naturally. Couldn't let anything interfere with the narrative that everything was "perfect." That's his modus operandi for any information that's damaging: Deny, yell fake news, and hope it goes away. Except this time it didn't. He couldn't just wish a pandemic away, and sadly it's many of his supporters who live in the poorest areas in the country (and have little or no healthcare) who will suffer the most. States like South Carolina (where I reside) who rejected free medicaid funding, people will simply overwhelm emergency rooms because they can't afford a doctor. To make matters worse, these will be the very same people who believed this wasn't anything to worry about because Trump and the pundits on Fox News said so. If you have a cough and a fever, even as of this writing there's nowhere in my city to go to get tested.

Like stopping chinese travel in January 31
Intelligence agencies and medical scientists in early January warned Trump of this impending crisis and its threat to America. So for nearly two entire months, he had options to: Declare a national emergency, free up FEMA funding, redirect businesses to begin mass production of masks, ventilators, hospital beds, etc. We could've accepted known working tests from WHO and directed companies to begin mass producing these as well. Instead of doing any of this, the sole action you can point to is: Stopping flights from China on January 31.

The fact of the matter is Trump denied this was an actual threat until a week ago, and personally believed this was a made up crisis to attack his "perfect" presidency. Most of the time his ignorance and his belief that he's the smartest person in the room doesn't cost us, America can generally run itself, even if everything obviously isn't perfect. This time, it did.

4221 - 4240 of 4355 Posts