Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who did you vote for? Or who would you vote for if you were a US citizen?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Minor party candidate or write-in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - they're all terrible

Votes: 2 11.8%
3161 - 3180 of 3217 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
BioNTech in Germany, began development of a Covid vaccine in January 2020.
Operation Warp Speed was announced in May, 2020, 5 months later, when BioNTech was already engaged in clinical trials of its vaccine, partnered with Pfizer.
BioNTech turned down any co-operation with Operation Warp Speed because they did not want to be hindered by government bureaucracy. This seems to have been a good decision and BioNtech went on to produce what is known as the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccine has been enthusiastically received for its efficacy and arrival on the scene before any of the vaccines that were supported by Operation Warp Speed - notably the Troubled AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines.

I got Pfizer, first and best vaccine, created at Lightning Speed by avoidance of having anything to do with Trump’s Operation Warp Speed. So, grateful? NO!

Grateful that BioNTech produced their vaccine at Lightning Speed and avoided getting held back by Operation Warp Speed bureaucracy......YES!
If you think that Pfizer vaccine had nothing to do with Warp Speed, then you're not just ungrateful swine, you are ungrateful ignorant swine in denial :)
"Although Pfizer didn't receive government funding spring 2020 toward research and development of the vaccine, it nevertheless received one of the largest Operation Warp Speed supply contracts to date on July 21 2020."

And effectiveness and level of contribution of BionTech was further illustrated by complete failure in early vaccination by Germany and European Union, unlike USA.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I have to give Biden credit, foreign policy wise, it's unclear what it's going to be at the end, but so far it's better than I expected.
Other than necessary mantras to please climate nutsos, everything he does aligns well with what Trump administration did.
In fact, it works as a perfect bad cop/good cop punch.
Trump wanted real dialogue and compromise with Russia. Biden does that.
Trump wanted a deal with Iran that would extend previous deal with something that would limit Iranian expansion in Middle East. Biden is doing just that. Likely Biden will end up signing with Iranians an agreement, that Trump would also gladly sign, but Iranians would never sign it with Trump purely out of spite.
Trump started Cold War with China, made it irreversible. Asian and European allies of USA together with Democrats decried it at the time. Now, with Biden at helm they will gladly join that war. Which is what really matters.
Trump wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan and Middle East wars. Democrats, generals criticized it. But they quickly fell in line with same idea after Biden agreed to follow on.
Israel, Democrats were all against Trump line on pushing Israel to alliance with arabian feudals. Now Biden pretty much agrees with that idea.
Trump wanted to cut annoying Ukraine loose, and that's what it seems, Biden is doing. Deal with Burisma is over. :)

Result, every major attempt at foreign policy changes introduced by Trump - defacto endorsed and followed on by Biden.

Good stuff, credit when credit is due.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
At a QANON event, Trump advisor Flynn claimed that there should be a Myanmar-type coup in the US. He said it was Minamar, but I am sure he mean Myanmar.

At the same event, Trump lawyer Sydney Bowell suggested that Trump should just be re-inaugurated.

Solidifying my belief that you have to be as dumb as a bag of rocks if you are still expressing admiration for Trump and the loonies in whose company he feels comfortable.

Or, there is always the alternative that any craziness can be tolerated as long as a racist agenda is what really gets you into the clown car.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
At a QANON event, Trump advisor Flynn claimed that there should be a Myanmar-type coup in the US. He said it was Minamar, but I am sure he mean Myanmar.
What point are you arguing or making here? You have "qanon" and "Myanmar" going on in the same incoherent ramble. Get some fluids man.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
What point are you arguing or making here? You have "qanon" and "Myanmar" going on in the same incoherent ramble. Get some fluids man.
I am glad you asked How QANON and Myanmar are mentioned in the same post.

I am making a point about the degree of idiocy found in the people that are close to Trump - the people that are incoherently rambling about QANON conspiracy theory and Myanmar at a Trump-worshipping cult event.
And the people that show up at these circuses, waiting for Trump to be restored to the Presidency each time that QANON tells them it is about to happen.

I think the lesson here is that Trump, knowing his own inadequacies, liked to surround himself with even lesser people, so that he could feel at least better than them. Thus the constant parade of characters like the criminals Flynn, Stone, and Manafort, and the rest like Hannity, Coen, Navarro, Bowell, Giuliani, Gaetz, Greene, McCarthy, Huckabee, Graham, Johnson, Conway, Amarosa.........ad Infinitum

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I think the lesson here is that Trump, knowing his own inadequacies, liked to surround himself with even lesser people, so that he could feel at least better than them. Thus the constant parade of characters like the criminals Flynn, Stone, and Manafort, and the rest like Hannity, Coen, Navarro, Bowell, Giuliani, Gaetz, Greene, McCarthy, Huckabee, Graham, Johnson, Conway, Amarosa.........ad Infinitum
Jeezus man. You have the worst case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" that I have ever seen. What the hell did Huckabee do? He's the most harmless and insignificant person that I know. And by the way, we hate most of the people you just listed. Coen, McCarthy, Conway, Graham...we hate those swamp creatures.

Trump won...by a lot. 2020 was the biggest landslide election we have had in a long time. He even won California. I love the fact that it was stolen though. This is exactly what was needed to wake up those who are not yet awake. We are shining a light on the corruption. It takes time. We are now about to primary out all of the uni-party "Republicans" (RINO's) and we are going to get things done.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
Jeezus man. You have the worst case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" that I have ever seen. What the hell did Huckabee do? He's the most harmless and insignificant person that I know. And by the way, we hate most of the people you just listed. Coen, McCarthy, Conway, Graham...we hate those swamp creatures.

Trump won...by a lot. 2020 was the biggest landslide election we have had in a long time. He even won California. I love the fact that it was stolen though. This is exactly what was needed to wake up those who are not yet awake. We are shining a light on the corruption. It takes time. We are now about to primary out all of the uni-party "Republicans" (RINO's) and we are going to get things done.
I was talking of Sarah Huckabee. I agree, her dad is just an evangelical fool.

If you hate all the people I listed, why don’t you hate Trump for surrounding himself with, and putting his trust in, people you hate? And pardoning the worst of them for their treasonous crimes?
OK, he didn’t really trust them, he just thought he could use them to lie for him until he didn’t need them anymore.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
Trump won...by a lot. 2020 was the biggest landslide election we have had in a long time. He even won California.
Sorry Edward, but you are now revealed to everybody as a QANON conspiracy theory addict.

Someone to take pity on, while looking the other way when you post evidence of your derangement.

I guess you believe that Trump was the world’s first ruler to rig an election against himself, lol.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
DeSantis signs controversial bill banning transgender women and girls from sports

“In Florida, girls are going to play girls sports and boys are going to play boys sports,” the governor says.

Dubbed the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act,” Florida’s new law establishes that women’s sports from middle school through college, including intramurals and club teams, are closed to males based on the biological sex listed on a student’s birth certificate.

What's controversial about it?

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
Not sure if you guys recognized, but the real enemy of the Euro-Atlantic alliance is China.
Both trade wise, economically and militarily.

Every step did in the direction that China's power would be limited is a welcome one.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
DeSantis signs controversial bill banning transgender women and girls from sports

“In Florida, girls are going to play girls sports and boys are going to play boys sports,” the governor says.

Dubbed the "Fairness in Women's Sports Act,” Florida’s new law establishes that women’s sports from middle school through college, including intramurals and club teams, are closed to males based on the biological sex listed on a student’s birth certificate.

What's controversial about it?
You can't really be the party of small govt and then create laws that are like.......okay 13 years drop your pants for govt required genital inspections. These are not professional sports where I would agree cis females are at disadvantage to transgender females and it makes sense for gender tests for professional and olympic occupations. These are amatuer sports almost all of which for females are non contact, this should really be left up to local school districts and high schools with what approach they take to sports here.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
You can't really be the party of small govt and then create laws that are like.......okay 13 years drop your pants for govt required genital inspections. These are not professional sports where I would agree cis females are at disadvantage to transgender females and it makes sense for gender tests for professional and olympic occupations. These are amatuer sports almost all of which for females are non contact, this should really be left up to local school districts and high schools with what approach they take to sports here.
1. Many female high school students have enough talent to earn an athletic college scholarship. That wouldn't be the case if they had to compete against biological males.

2. There is nothing about the "drop your pants" policy in this article.
As far as I understand, birth certificates will be the official determinant of a high school student-athlete’s gender.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You can't really be the party of small govt
In the US we have two major parties - a big government party and a bigger government party. Nobody is really pushing for smaller government and the vast majority of politicians have even dropped the rhetoric.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
CNN broadcasts a phone conversation where Giuliani explains Trump‘s offer of a quid pro quo to the Ukrainians.

Anybody, other than EdwardHaney or PronounGOAT willing to defend the Big Lie and say it is fake?

Quid Pro Quo, Russian meddling - it’s all there, folks.

And Bill Barr, the AG of the US, decided that protecting Trump was more important than protecting the US.

·
RAVE ON
19,883 Posts
And it is a good news day all round. The US seized millions of dollars from the Russians that extorted a ransom from the US pipeline company.

3161 - 3180 of 3217 Posts