Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who did you vote for? Or who would you vote for if you were a US citizen?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Minor party candidate or write-in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - they're all terrible

Votes: 2 11.8%
3001 - 3020 of 3123 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I really am at the point now where anyone who doesn’t condemn this insanity by the corrupt Trumptards of the Republican Party must simply not be capable of intelligent thought.
But of course, there is always that lurking possibility that they are far from stupid, but will just overlook anything as long as the Trump racist agenda stays front and centre.
If being on the side that believes in the phrase "All Lives Matter" somehow makes us racists, then there is no way to peacefully resolve anything. Good luck to you in the war, dude. I hope you are a big, strong, man with a lot of firepower.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The "All Lives Matter" counter has always and will always be missing the point. See Why you should stop saying "all lives matter," explained in 9 different ways for some very simple explanations of why.
No, I do not miss any points. You missed my point. Good luck to you in the war as well. I hope you are a big, strong man with a lot of firepower. If not, I hope you have some kind of useful skill. You will need to be more useful to your side than posting links all day long that we don't click on.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
No, I do not miss any points. You missed my point. Good luck to you in the war as well. I hope you are a big, strong man with a lot of firepower. If not, I hope you have some kind of useful skill. You will need to be more useful to your side than posting links all day long that we don't click on.
So sticking your head in the sand and not providing any counter arguments, huh? You don't have a point because your point has been debunked as nonsense many times. You'd know that if you actually clicked the link.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
So sticking your head in the sand and not providing any counter arguments, huh? You don't have a point because your point has been debunked as nonsense many times. You'd know that if you actually clicked the link.
My toes were in the sand today, but my head was not. You did not provide a counter argument to my declaration that all lives matter. Here is a link to me enjoying all lives having fun today at the same place, and not worrying about your stupid racism.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The "All Lives Matter" counter has always and will always be missing the point. See Why you should stop saying "all lives matter," explained in 9 different ways for some very simple explanations of why.
This is comparing apples to oranges, but doesn't surprise coming from a rag like Vox...All diseases matter? There's a difference when talking about disease and race. Cancer is probably the deadliest disease in the world, you can't compare it to common cold or something. So it only makes sense to focus more on cancer. "Your life matters, your skin color doesn't" should be the slogan though. I don't care about your race, and believe me a lot of people don't, but they feel like they're being shoved it in their faces. Premier League is STILL doing BLM kneeling before the games. Even NBA stopped that looooong ago. This is corporatised circus at this point. Family members of the victims say they didn't get a penny from BLM when tens of millions of dollars were raised and co-founder spends millions of dollars on real estate. A lot of people are not against the whole idea, but the organization behind it. Besides, what are the official statistics? How many unarmed black people where killed by police? Sure some of those killings were a terrible job by police (like the dude who was strangled when selling cigarettes), but some were completely justified, like that girl who was in the middle of stabbing another girl. And race hustling clowns start saying oh, the cop should've shot in the leg. Are you serious?

And it's not only when black people are shot that police are able to get away with it. The infamous shooting of Daniel Shaver
The cop later even got diagnosed with PTSD and is on a 3k/month pension.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
My toes were in the sand today, but my head was not. You did not provide a counter argument to my declaration that all lives matter. Here is a link to me enjoying all lives having fun today at the same place, and not worrying about your stupid racism.
You're right, I didn't provide a counter argument to your declaration that all lives matter. Why the hell would I do that? I agree that all lives matters. So do the people that say black lives matter. You see, the saying is not "only black lives matter". In fact the implicit meaning of the phrase is "black lives matter, too". My counter argument was against using the phrase "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter". That is missing the point entirely. As one of the examples says in the link I provided it's like screaming "all houses matter" while the fire department in trying to put out a fire in your neighbors house. Or like running through a cancer fundraiser going "THERE ARE OTHER DISEASES TOO".

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
This is comparing apples to oranges, but doesn't surprise coming from a rag like Vox...All diseases matter? There's a difference when talking about disease and race. Cancer is probably the deadliest disease in the world, you can't compare it to common cold or something. So it only makes sense to focus more on cancer. "Your life matters, your skin color doesn't" should be the slogan though. I don't care about your race, and believe me a lot of people don't, but they feel like they're being shoved it in their faces. Premier League is STILL doing BLM kneeling before the games. Even NBA stopped that looooong ago. This is corporatised circus at this point. Family members of the victims say they didn't get a penny from BLM when tens of millions of dollars were raised and co-founder spends millions of dollars on real estate. A lot of people are not against the whole idea, but the organization behind it. Besides, what are the official statistics? How many unarmed black people where killed by police? Sure some of those killings were a terrible job by police (like the dude who was strangled when selling cigarettes), but some were completely justified, like that girl who was in the middle of stabbing another girl. And race hustling clowns start saying oh, the cop should've shot in the leg. Are you serious?

And it's not only when black people are shot that police are able to get away with it. The infamous shooting of Daniel Shaver
The cop later even got diagnosed with PTSD and is on a 3k/month pension.
No, it really is not. The examples are perfectly valid. You clearly don't understand the problem. You should read the examples with more text...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You're right, I didn't provide a counter argument to your declaration that all lives matter. Why the hell would I do that? I agree that all lives matters. So do the people that say black lives matter. You see, the saying is not "only black lives matter". In fact the implicit meaning of the phrase is "black lives matter, too". My counter argument was against using the phrase "all lives matter" in response to "black lives matter". That is missing the point entirely. As one of the examples says in the link I provided it's like screaming "all houses matter" while the fire department in trying to put out a fire in your neighbors house. Or like running through a cancer fundraiser going "THERE ARE OTHER DISEASES TOO".
All lives matter. All of them. Every single one. You might want to cancel police departments, but don't even think about effing with fire departments. Those guys will save your life. Stop hating on the people that will protect you and your family. Go find something fun to do in your life!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
No, it really is not. The examples are perfectly valid. You clearly don't understand the problem. You should read the examples with more text...
"To this end, a better way to understand Black Lives Matter is by looking at its driving phrase as “black lives matter, too.” So all lives do matter, obviously, but it’s one subset of lives in particular that’s currently undervalued in America. " Everybody (at least the underwhelming majority) gets it since it's a common sense, but they make it out to be, like nobody understands it, is racist and undervalue black lives. Sure people been killed by cops unjustifiably. Both black and white. But it's not the excuse to spit nonsense like these people here
They make it out like it's a risk to even step foot out of your home if you're black in US. Instead people should focus on their communities and take responsibilities for their own actions. Because I'm damn sure there are areas where you better not step foot whether you're black or white and that's not because of police. What do you expect if you attack a girl with a knife? What would that girl in pink would say to that police officer? I think she'd thank him. But race hustlers like Charlamagne Tha God from The Breakfast Club (a hude radio show with tons of listeners) still push like "oh, if the girlf was white, she wouldn't have gotten shot)
and similar nonsense.

Every case is different and it should be looked at it like that. Chauvin shouldn't have kneeled on the dude for such a long time but nothing in that terrible incident indicate there was any racial connotations. But everybody made it out like it was a racist attack.

Give it a listen. 36:59 .

·
|
15,843 Posts
Only 2% of the total victims of deadly police shootings over the past six years were unarmed black men. 91% of the black men killed by police officers since 2015 were armed. 62% were armed with a gun. 75% were armed with a gun or knife. 86% were armed with a gun, knife, some other weapon, or were using a vehicle they were driving as a weapon.
The Truth About Police Shootings in America | MacIver Institute

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Cancer is probably the deadliest disease in the world, you can't compare it to common cold or something. So it only makes sense to focus more on cancer

Every case is different and it should be looked at it like that. Chauvin shouldn't have kneeled on the dude for such a long time but nothing in that terrible incident indicate there was any racial connotations. But everybody made it out like it was a racist attack.

. "
And yet their ar charities for Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Leukemia etc not just catch all for "Cancer". For example in many countries Oct is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You don't see people who run charities for Prostate cancer trying to say "All Cancers Matter" during this month and say well actually so and so type of cancer has a worse survival rate. Or you don't have people who say "alll cancer matters" or" all diseases matter" who in fact don't give a shit about any kind of

Chauvin murdered a citizen ,doesn;t matter if he spent his free time walking old black ladies across the street . His actions should see him in jail for the rest of his life and it's a moot point if their was no racial motivation for his actions. Regardless if or anyone else in that cities PD was a racist. The dude had complaints of abusing citizens multiple times. The system is broken when someone like that hadn't been fired years ago.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
And yet their ar charities for Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Leukemia etc not just catch all for "Cancer". For example in many countries Oct is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You don't see people who run charities for Prostate cancer trying to say "All Cancers Matter" during this month and say well actually so and so type of cancer has a worse survival rate. Or you don't have people who say "alll cancer matters" or" all diseases matter" who in fact don't give a shit about any kind of

Chauvin murdered a citizen ,doesn;t matter if he spent his free time walking old black ladies across the street . His actions should see him in jail for the rest of his life and it's a moot point if their was no racial motivation for his actions. Regardless if or anyone else in that cities PD was a racist. The dude had complaints of abusing citizens multiple times. The system is broken when someone like that hadn't been fired years ago.
There's a difference between murder, manslaughter, negligence, etc. Police have a licence to kill in US. They're trained to do that. That's a fact whether you like it or not. A cop technically killed a girl who was wielding knife couple of weeks ago. Does that count as a murder? Sure you shouldn't kneel for 9 minutes but didn't the guy swallowed drugs? Didn't Chauvin at first tried to talk with George? There were a lot of variables but this incident was made into a racial hate crime and protests erupted. Certain politicians pushed for it. Saying that the cop is racist, black people get killed all the time blah blah. Even the prosecutor in the case came out and said that they had no evidence the crime was based on race. This is the whole point. If the system is broken, then the problem is that cops kill PEOPLE when they don't have to. It shouldn't be about the race, it should be about the act itself. And while I agree pushing for certain police reforms, this whole movement, organization or whatever you want to call it tried advocating for a lot more things unrelated to that and pushed a lot of race hustlers/grifters in the limelight.

P.S. It's a tragic incident and Chauvin is responsible for it, but to what extent is the main question. It's pretty evident that this specific case became trapped between political power forces and the guy was made a scapegoat. There were far more sickening police killings before where cops got away with it. Like the one in my previous post, or that dude who was selling 'loosies' on the corner (a black dude, forgot his name, died of suffocation). The judicial system is fucked.

·
RAVE ON
19,816 Posts
If being on the side that believes in the phrase "All Lives Matter" somehow makes us racists, then there is no way to peacefully resolve anything. Good luck to you in the war, dude. I hope you are a big, strong, man with a lot of firepower.
There is no side that believes in the phrase "All Lives Matter."

I’m Canadian. Your coming war will be of little interest here.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts

·
RAVE ON
19,816 Posts
To me - looks like you very interested. In meantime..
That would be the war between real Republicans and the loony, racist koolaid-aid faction being led by the nose by Trump, that only call themselves Republicans, but bring shame to the Party. I am interested to see how that develops.

But when Americans are killing each other in the streets, how will we know it is a civil war and not just a normal day?

3001 - 3020 of 3123 Posts