Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who did you vote for? Or who would you vote for if you were a US citizen?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Minor party candidate or write-in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - they're all terrible

Votes: 2 11.8%
2781 - 2800 of 2918 Posts

·
Registered
10,862 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
That's the same Douglas G Frank who created a mathematical model to predict the spread of Covid, estimating a total of 180'000 cases and 1'400 deaths for the US. Wrong by a factor of almost 200 for cases and about 300 for deaths, while the pandemic is not yet over. And you still trust his calculations? Unfortunately (and obviously) he hasn't yet made any parts of his calculations concerning the "voter fraud" available that would allow reproducing his claims. And I am pretty sure he won't, because this will certainly be easily refuted. But if you find a source, let me know.

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
Mike Lindell became Trump’s main peddler of the Big Lie. (There was a profit to be made from suckers that bought into it.)
My Pillow is a scam.
Oleandrin is a scam.
Politics is his new scam.

It is incredible to me that some people still can not free themselves from the massive scam to which they fell victim.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
As predicted, once they realized that old Asian woman in NYC was beaten by homeless Aftican American, all that noise fizzled quickly.
More than that, I've heard people saying about that that, yeah, we have to admit, that, yeah, African-Americans have been hit by Covid in every way, economically first of all, very hard, so that's very understandable that they are angry and looking for someone to blame, but the real blame is on society putting them into that position, meaning, that, yeah, it's "white privilege"s fault that that guy beat that old woman on a street of NY..
Interesting line of thought..

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
As predicted, once they realized that old Asian woman in NYC was beaten by homeless Aftican American, all that noise fizzled quickly.
More than that, I've heard people saying about that that, yeah, we have to admit, that, yeah, African-Americans have been hit by Covid in every way, economically first of all, very hard, so that's very understandable that they are angry and looking for someone to blame, but the real blame is on society putting them into that position, meaning, that, yeah, it's "white privilege"s fault that that guy beat that old woman on a street of NY..
Interesting line of thought..
I don’t know who said that.
The point is that an Asian-American was repeatedly kicked in the head by an American. And who encouraged the hate crimes against Asians by repeatedly saying that Covid is the fault of Asians? Knowing full well that the racist idiots who listen to him woils have no problem in taking that to mean anyone who is ethnically Asian, even if they have never been closer to,Asia than the west coast of the US.
You forgot to mention the guy was just out of jail for murdering his mother. So probably not a poor, down-trodden victim of white privilege.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I don’t know who said that.
The point is that an Asian-American was repeatedly kicked in the head by an American. And who encouraged the hate crimes against Asians by repeatedly saying that Covid is the fault of Asians? Knowing full well that the racist idiots who listen to him woils have no problem in taking that to mean anyone who is ethnically Asian, even if they have never been closer to,Asia than the west coast of the US.
You forgot to mention the guy was just out of jail for murdering his mother. So probably not a poor, down-trodden victim of white privilege.
You are really missing the point here. Covid origins have nothing to do with this.
It's about economy. It's been made clear on many examples, that while Blacks and Latino are much less prosperous than American average, it's not whites who are prosperous much above average. There is one and only significant ethnic group in US that is - prosperity-wise - way, way above the average. And that's Asians. So every idea of redistribution and social justice inevitably pitches Blacks vs Asians.
Like check the ongoing ( court ) battle over admission into top universities by racial quota vs by merit. It's Blacks and Latinos vs Asians there. And that's just one battle. And there are many more.

·
Premium Member
25,720 Posts
Who are you when nobody's watching?

Magnifique. Respect Monsieur. I love America. Much Love.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
NBA superstar Kevin Durant went on a racist tirade the other day versus a member of the media. Do you think he will get suspended like fellow NBA player Miles Leonard did when he blurted out the wrong word while playing a video game? Or like NASCAR driver Kyle Larson did when he uttered one wrong word? Seems to me Durant has what I like to call, black privilege.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Black vs Asian, too sad, awful.
Please be kind to each other and instead of fighting play tennis Imagine Tiafoe vs. Nishikori
The black people in America are the most homophobic, racist, and overall prejudiced group in the country. Not because of the colour of their skin or anything like that, but because of their disadvantaged socio-economical conditions of which "hate" is an epiphenomenon.

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
You are really missing the point here. Covid origins have nothing to do with this.
It's about economy. It's been made clear on many examples, that while Blacks and Latino are much less prosperous than American average, it's not whites who are prosperous much above average. There is one and only significant ethnic group in US that is - prosperity-wise - way, way above the average. And that's Asians. So every idea of redistribution and social justice inevitably pitches Blacks vs Asians.
Like check the ongoing ( court ) battle over admission into top universities by racial quota vs by merit. It's Blacks and Latinos vs Asians there. And that's just one battle. And there are many more.
OK, then, it is just nothing more than pure co-incidence that the surge in hate crimes against Asian-looking people is happening during Covid.
Absolutely at all to do with Trump’s year of dog-whistle race-baiting about Kung Flu, China virus etc.
Got it.

I wonder what your reason is for the El Paso shooter who killed 22 and said he drove 11 hours to kill Mexicans. Hardly jealousy of their economic status?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
OK, then, it is just nothing more than pure co-incidence that the surge in hate crimes against Asian-looking people is happening during Covid.
Absolutely at all to do with Trump’s year of dog-whistle race-baiting about Kung Flu, China virus etc.
Got it.

I wonder what your reason is for the El Paso shooter who killed 22 and said he drove 11 hours to kill Mexicans. Hardly jealousy of their economic status?
I thought big cities people where this is happening ( and where most of Asian-Americans live ) are not fond of Trump and hardly approve whatever he did or said.

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
I thought big cities people where this is happening ( and where most of Asian-Americans live ) are not fond of Trump and hardly approve whatever he did or said.
This is meaningless. All big American cities are diverse. And as you just said, hate crimes against Asian-Americans are happening where they live. Surprise!
Clearly, people who are "fond" of Trump and are happy to use his rhetoric as a signal, do manage to infest the big cities

It is not so much me missing the point as you trying to hide it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The US has been heavily racialized for decades, centuries. It's blatanlty dishonest to blame Donald Trump for all the social ills. It's stunning how people buy this crap.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
The US has been heavily racialized for decades, centuries. It's blatanlty dishonest to blame Donald Trump for all the social ills. It's stunning how people buy this crap.
Buddy of all people should know that finding scapegoats for social failures is the trait that left radicals practice ever since they became major force in politics in 1917.
Same circle.
Escalate social tensions->Come up with useless solutions-> Blame some social/political group in those solutions not working and attack that group-> Escalate social tensions-> and so on.

Nothing new.

·
Premium Member
25,720 Posts

comment He’s absolutely right and they use the media to separate us and fight each other for pathetic color of skin something we have no say in when we born with. Couldn’t of said it better myself!

comment Im so happy he said that on television. More people need to realize this stuff.

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
Buddy of all people should know that finding scapegoats for social failures is the trait that left radicals practice ever since they became major force in politics in 1917.
Same circle.
Escalate social tensions->Come up with useless solutions-> Blame some social/political group in those solutions not working and attack that group-> Escalate social tensions-> and so on.

Nothing new.
Except that we have a well-documented 4 years of Trump being a white supremacist race baiter. He got elected on race baiting on a scale never seen before. And you look away and pretend the Trump presidency was just like any other! It was not, it was four years of unprecedented lying to a base that wanted to believe the lies that they "had to take their country back from the non-whites and Make America Great Again." You heard them at the Capitol braying that they wanted their country back. Who took it?
Since nobody could possibly deny Trump is a life-long con man with contempt for the law, it is still perfectly obvious that the message that got him elected was that America’s white race is in danger of losing it’s supremacy.
"Execute the Central Park 5." (Innocent white teens.)
"Jews will not replace us." (Some of the torch-bearing neo-Nazi marchers are good people.)
"Obama was not born in the USA."
’Obama is a Muslim."
"An American judge of Mexican heritage could not possibly be fair to a white man like me."
‘Why can’t our immigrants all look like Norwegians?"
Why can’t the squad go back to their own shit-hole countries?"
"I don’t know what QANON is, but I know they like me, so that is good."
"Flynn is a patriotic American" (who makes QANON videos.)
"Proud Boys, stand by." (We know now that his partner in crime, the ludicrous Roger Stone was conspiring with the domestic terrorists for a terrorist attack on the Capitol).

etc etc ad nauseum.

And saddest of all, though not racist, America elected Captain bone spur, who said that McCain was a loser for enduring four years of torture without yielding.
I guess that would lend truth to the story that he looked at the mass graves of US fallen and commented, "fools."

But what else can I say, Trump told you not to believe what you see and hear and you are still drinking the Koolaid and denying that it was the racist message of taking the country back from the black and coloured people that really got you hooked.
And now you pretend that the US was always like it is now and Trump had nothing at all to do with the present divided nation.

The Big Lie apparently fell on eagerly receptive ears.
From the fool who proudly over-ruled his science advisors because he was annoyed that Covid was interfering in his re-election. So he took the course of pretending it wasn’t there and could not care less that hundreds of thousands of Americans have needlessly died in the last 12 months while he was self-pityingly fiddling over their graves.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
buddyholly is far from being a left radical. He's a centre-right guy, but I wouldn't expect someone who is far right like you to be able to distinguish between the two.

·
RAVE ON
19,734 Posts
buddyholly is far from being a left radical. He's a centre-right guy, but I wouldn't expect someone who is far right like you to be able to distinguish between the two.
That is true, from the fiscal aspect, at least. I am actually totally liberal socially.
But with Trump it was not about left v right.

It was about honesty, decency and tolerance against lying, vulgarity and racism.
No person that was truly right-thinking could possibly approve of Trump. Right or left was secondary to the sheer corruption, incompetence and indecency of the Trump administration.

2781 - 2800 of 2918 Posts