Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who did you vote for? Or who would you vote for if you were a US citizen?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Minor party candidate or write-in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - they're all terrible

Votes: 2 11.8%
2161 - 2180 of 2227 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,287 Posts
Well, you can't put out a fire that didn't start.
Maybe if police didn't invite people in, none of this would have happened.

First phrase is supposed to be some coded words for "attack the capitol" ?

None of those tweets is inviting people to violently do anything.
Even less without context.
You don't even know who they are intended for.
You will have to do much better than that.
The police backed off to try and de-escalate the situation. The mob came in first and the police had little choice but to back off because they did not have enough numbers to resist. Otherwise more people would have died.

Those tweets I mentioned are from April when Trump tweeted for people to resist the lockdown orders in various states. Whether or not you agree with lockdown measures, you have no right to force the hand of the states.

The tweet citing "defend the 2nd amendment " is pretty clear. 2nd amendment = right to bear arms and have militia.

What would that have anything to do with a lockdown order except to oppose the state government and resist the governor by force through weapons?

The attack on the governor of Michigan is just appetizer for the Capitol Hill riots.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
The police backed off to try and de-escalate the situation. The mob came in first and the police had little choice but to back off because they did not have enough numbers to resist. Otherwise more people would have died.
Doesn't look that way in the videos I post it. At all

Those tweets I mentioned are from April when Trump tweeted for people to resist the lockdown orders in various states. Whether or not you agree with lockdown measures, you have no right to force the hand of the states.
He didn't force anything. He believes lockdowns create more problems than solutions and was trying to save people from them.
It's like dems asking for people to stay at home locked down, even in states that don't have lockdowns.

The tweet citing "defend the 2nd amendment " is pretty clear. 2nd amendment = right to bear arms and have militia.
A tweet asking people to defend the US Consitution! How dare him the evil orange man!!

What would that have anything to do with a lockdown order except to oppose the state government and resist the governor by force through weapons?
Now that is your interpretation. Driven by hate.
Are you sure it is because of the lockdown and not this:

He was clearly talking about Virginia and the 2nd amendment, long before covid became an issue.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
You don't get to tell me which I can choose from, limiting my options.
I don't agree he fueled any aggression (and don't tell me he fueled the aggression, as he obviously didn't)
If repeatedly talking about a "stolen election", about "taking back our country", not being weak, asking people to "be wild", etc, is not fueling the aggression for you, then, well, so be it. It is for me, and I have no doubt for a vast majority of people.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
That was my prediction made in 2008, when Obama was elected.
That electing narcissistic, arrogant, radical person will split the nation in half, this split will only grow in time, breeding more and more radical politicians and in 10 years we'll be very close to a Cold Civil War and disintegration of a country.
Took a little longer, but I am afraid the process is not at the end. The end of Trump's term is not the end of trumpism, it's just a beginning.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
If repeatedly talking about a "stolen election", about "taking back our country", not being weak, asking people to "be wild", etc, is not fueling the aggression for you, then, well, so be it. It is for me, and I have no doubt for a vast majority of people.
He believes the election was stolen.
Was he supposed to remain silenced about it?
I don't think so, and I have no doubt the vast majority of people wouldn't think so

I remember democrats going on and on about Russia and the 2016 election...I guess in that case it was ok.

·
RAVE ON
19,392 Posts
That was my prediction made in 2008, when Obama was elected.
That electing narcissistic, arrogant, radical person will split the nation in half, this split will only grow in time, breeding more and more radical politicians and in 10 years we'll be very close to a Cold Civil War and disintegration of a country.
Took a little longer, but I am afraid the process is not at the end. The end of Trump's term is not the end of trumpism, it's just a beginning.
The opposite of what you have been saying for four years.

·
RAVE ON
19,392 Posts
He believes the election was stolen.
Was he supposed to remain silenced about it?
I don't think so, and I have no doubt the vast majority of people wouldn't think so

I remember democrats going on and on about Russia and the 2016 election...I guess in that case it was ok.
You really think he believes the election was stolen? That would indeed would be proof of his idiocy.
What he did believe was that his supporters were idiotic enough to believe him. And he got that right.
Screwed the believers that he despises out of a couple of hundred million dollars in the final weeks. But DeutscheBank is probably already in line for that.

·
RAVE ON
19,392 Posts
Whatever anyone was saying just one year ago is completely out of the window. Just one word. Covid.
This kind of black swan happens once a generation.
No revisionism is welcome here.

And no defenestration references either.

Whatever I have been saying just one year ago has now come to pass. Trump was an evil bastard then, and still is.

·
RAVE ON
19,392 Posts
You really think it wasn’t? That would be proof of yours
The entire world outside of the Trumper lunatic fringe knows it wasn’t. Even Trump knows it wasn’t. If legal geniuses like Giuliani and Sydney Bowell could not find a scrap of genuine evidence, surely that ends the matter.
But hey, Trump pocketed a couple of hundred million dollars off the ignorance of his followers, so he has no reason to be truthful about it. No wonder he told the Trumpers he loves them. He loves scamming them.

·
RAVE ON
19,392 Posts
Breaking new conspiracy theory:
The attack on the Capitol was planned by domestic terrorists. There may have been collusion with Republican members of congress.

Such is the pervasive evil of the Trumpers that I fear the first assassination attempt may not be far off. Remember the warning from Don Jr. to those who do not conform to the new reality that the Republican Party is now the Trump Party - "we will come for you."

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Paxton: Woman arrested for multiple charges including election fraud

This is in Texas. It's happening all over the place.

We politely asked for an audit of the votes in some really questionable areas, and we have been declared terrorists.

Keep accelerating though! The harder you try to screw us the faster we will get this over with!
Nobody in the world would deny that things like that happen. The point is that in order for the election result to be wrong, it would have to have happened several hundred thousand times, in specific states, and only by democratic voters. There is not the slightest snippet of evidence for this.

2161 - 2180 of 2227 Posts