Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who did you vote for? Or who would you vote for if you were a US citizen?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Minor party candidate or write-in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - they're all terrible

Votes: 2 11.8%
2141 - 2160 of 2229 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,288 Posts
Only evidence, facts, reality will convince me.
Everything else is just hate
And you are just another person full of hate
I don't think Donald Trump intended for the situation to get out of hand, but I think he should have seen it coming and gave them fuel for the fire. In that respect he must be apportioned responsibility, much like bullies on social media should if someone commits suicide on account of their actions. Trump just didn't think about those people who would be affected if things went wrong.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
All this squabble over impeachment & current blame game is demo’s last stand to distract from election fraud, nothing more, nothing less & i’m far from being a follower of either party. In fact, many of those crashing the Capital building could have been crisis actors who we witnessed easily being allowed by the security to get thru. Check out NDAA, it allows for your gvmt to stage events in order to protect the state or ‘establishment’.
A load of crock. The "election fraud" was the machination of a deranged POTUS, given legitimacy by countless GOP lawmakers (and other enablers like some of his media allies, who started to retract and correct their statements only after being demanded to do so against potential fines; always the language of money in the end that people understand; just like now also with the lawmakers as a huge portion of backers are cutting their funding; a change of tone) who'd knowingly/in their opportunistic miscalculations rather kowtow to a sick man and his lies instead of upholding the truth and the very foundation of their country - popular sovereignty/the democratic process and the constitution. Far bigger things in play than partisan politics, articulated well by Sam Harris in the clip above:

"But what happened this week was altogether different. Nothing like this has ever happened in our country before. This was a desecration of our government... Of our whole system of government. Engineered by the president himself. A mob was set upon the Capitol by the president himself for the purpose of disrupting the certification of an election that he lost. Absolutely lost. But claims to have won. Just take a moment to view this travesty through the eyes of Xi Jinping, or Vladimir Putin, or any other dictator on earth who has a real interest in proving that democracy just doesn't work... That there's nothing to aspire to. They have captive populations who they are messaging to... Now they get to tell them that democracy is bullshit... That having a free press is just dangerous bullshit, because it drives people insane. What does the United States stand for in the world today?"

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Look bloke, unless u r an insider, there’s many things that we don’t know for sure that r accurate esp. when controlled by TPTB, MSM & their enablers.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
apparently the guy won't eat any detention food because it's not organic.
Well that's a good decision, non-organic food is loaded with pesticides, plastic and heavy metals. Pretty sure he's the right to organic non-GMO food during his stay at the federal facility.
I'm raising money among friends to bail him, he wasn't involved in any violent activities while inside the capitol.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well that's a good decision, non-organic food is loaded with pesticides, plastic and heavy metals. Pretty sure he's the right to organic non-GMO food during his stay at the federal facility.
I'm raising money among friends to bail him, he wasn't involved in any violent activities while inside the capitol.
I thought most scientists deemed GMOs safe (97% or so, same level of consensus as global warming), am I missing something?

*Also "organic" is kind of a misnomer as all food is organic, but I guess that is not the point

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
And you have yet to see a single piece of evidence that there was election fraud. Yet you spend days posting conspiracy theory lies from Sydney Bowell and Giuliani.
So your claim that evidence and facts convince you is not very convincing.
Evidence is all over this thread on the week of the election. Plenty of stuff.
Evidence of Trump being racist, or hating latinos, or inciting a coup or inciting violence in any way are non-existent.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I don't think Donald Trump intended for the situation to get out of hand, but I think he should have seen it coming and gave them fuel for the fire. In that respect he must be apportioned responsibility, much like bullies on social media should if someone commits suicide on account of their actions. Trump just didn't think about those people who would be affected if things went wrong.
He did not gave them fuel to the fire.
That's what people that hate him claim.
He actually asked for people to be peaceful and go home. Repeatedly

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,288 Posts
He did not gave them fuel to the fire.
That's what people that hate him claim.
He actually asked for people to be peaceful and go home. Repeatedly
When did he do that though? Only after the fact.

On one hand
"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

On the other hand
"Go home, we love you. You're very special"

Will remind you this happened a few months ago where the Governor was nearly kidnapped by armed militia who stormed the Michigan capitol.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
When did he do that though? Only after the fact.
Well, you can't put out a fire that didn't start.
Maybe if police didn't invite people in, none of this would have happened.

On one hand
"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

On the other hand
"Go home, we love you. You're very special"
First phrase is supposed to be some coded words for "attack the capitol" ?

Will remind you this happened a few months ago where the Governor was nearly kidnapped by armed militia who stormed the Michigan capitol.

View attachment 360220
None of those tweets is inviting people to violently do anything.
Even less without context.
You don't even know who they are intended for.
You will have to do much better than that.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Meanwhile last year across USA...

I didn't see anyone who is shocked at what happened at the capitol say a single word about all these much more violent rioting, looting, among other things...
At least 19 people died. Several buildings destroyed, public and private property damaged, many injured.
The hypocrisy of the left

·
RAVE ON
19,393 Posts
Look bloke, unless u r an insider, there’s many things that we don’t know for sure that r accurate esp. when controlled by TPTB, MSM & their enablers.
Conspiracy theorists by definition will say, "we don’t know for sure, but possibly, maybe, conceivably, who knows...............

You actually wrote above that "there are many things that we don’t know for sure that are accurate"
That does not even make sense. But conspiracy theorists never do.

·
RAVE ON
19,393 Posts
Meanwhile last year across USA...

I didn't see anyone who is shocked at what happened at the capitol say a single word about all these much more violent rioting, looting, among other things...
At least 19 people died. Several buildings destroyed, public and private property damaged, many injured.
The hypocrisy of the left

View attachment 360226
Looters and thugs are to be condemned, .......period.
The difference is that the looting and vandalism in the wake of the Floyd murder were not called for by Democratic leaders.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Looters and thugs are to be condemned, .......period.
The difference is that the looting and vandalism in the wake of the Floyd murder were not called for by Democratic leaders.
Again, can you show me evidence that Trump supported people entering the capitol?
Maybe after the 500th time I ask, you will show me some.

Meanwhile...
oops...

See the difference. She is saying they SHOULD NOT STOP the protests.
Trump asked for his supporters to STOP AND GO HOME.

·
RAVE ON
19,393 Posts
Again, can you show me evidence that Trump supported people entering the capitol?
Maybe after the 500th time I ask, you will show me some.

Meanwhile...
oops...

See the difference. She is saying they SHOULD NOT STOP the protests.
Trump asked for his supporters to STOP AND GO HOME.
Well that is easy. Harris said they are not going to stop the PROTESTS. Protesting is a right of everyone.
Trump told his followers to stop the ransacking of the Capitol and threats of lynching representatives. Nobody has a right to do that.

I know you will always fall back to claiming that Trump does not literally say something, even though everyone knows the meaning.
When he told his followers to go to the Capitol, be strong and fight, what did he mean by fight?
When Giuliani called for trial by combat, what did he mean?
When Mo Brooks asked the crowd to go to the Capitol and kick ass, what did he mean.

Since you repeatedly hide behind the excuse that the President did not literally call for violence, then I assume you insist on literal interpretations. Such as the literal kicking of ass and the literal "combat"?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Well that is easy. Harris said they are not going to stop the PROTESTS. Protesting is a right of everyone.
Trump told his followers to stop the ransacking of the Capitol and threats of lynching representatives. Nobody has a right to do that.

I know you will always fall back to claiming that Trump does not literally say something, even though everyone knows the meaning.
When he told his followers to go to the Capitol, be strong and fight, what did he mean by fight?
When Giuliani called for trial by combat, what did he mean?
When Mo Brooks asked the crowd to go to the Capitol and kick ass, what did he mean.

Since you repeatedly hide behind the excuse that the President did not literally call for violence, then I assume you insist on literal interpretations. Such as the literal kicking of ass and the literal "combat"?
Again, lots of words.
Again, zero proof.
This is getting boring.

By the way, Harris said "They should not stop protests" while seeing all the violence they have been producing.
And again, Trump said "Please stop violence and go home peacefully" while seeing his supporters entering the capitol.

If you can't see the difference. I can't help you

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Again, lots of words.
Again, zero proof.
This is getting boring.

By the way, Harris said "They should not stop protests" while seeing all the violence they have been producing.
And again, Trump said "Please stop violence and go home peacefully" while seeing his supporters entering the capitol.

If you can't see the difference. I can't help you
Look, you can choose:
  • either Trump is indeed dumb enough that he did not expect his permanent fueling of the aggression (and don't tell me he did not fuel their aggression, as he obviously did) of his supporters to lead to violence.
  • or he expected that to happen and either didn't care or wanted it to happen.
There is not other option, and neither of them looks good for him.

And yes, all violence related to BLM protests is to be condemned, too. But these people were not driven by an irresponsible president spreading lies about a "stolen election" but by the fact that several people were killed for no reason. If you can't see that difference, I can't help you either.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Look, you can choose:
  • either Trump is indeed dumb enough that he did not expect his permanent fueling of the aggression (and don't tell me he did not fuel their aggression, as he obviously did) of his supporters to lead to violence.
  • or he expected that to happen and either didn't care or wanted it to happen.
There is not other option, and neither of them looks good for him.

And yes, all violence related to BLM protests is to be condemned, too. But these people were not driven by an irresponsible president spreading lies about a "stolen election" but by the fact that several people were killed for no reason. If you can't see that difference, I can't help you either.
You don't get to tell me which I can choose from, limiting my options.
I don't agree he fueled any aggression (and don't tell me he fueled the aggression, as he obviously didn't)

2141 - 2160 of 2229 Posts