Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
|
15,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Father time is undefeated, and Djokovic appears to have no advantage over Thiem at the AO, other than gamesmanship....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Is this a joke? To me Novak looked like he had another gear, even with the 5 set scoreline. Apart from that match, Novak was quite convincing throughout. If this slam was his most unconvincing, it only goes to show how he has overcome tougher situations in his other ones.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
No.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
LOL, Nadalatroll talking about gamesmanship...you can't make this shit up

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
starting to notice a pattern here: the moment nole got close to secure #1 ranking this week the usual rafa tards started bullshitting against him, and now with the ranking in the bag they try to diminsh his results.
bless that lot, their tears are so juicy.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Djokovic played a great tournament, he was really bad in the 3rd, but I think it was a pretty convincing tournament.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dull and his tards have no room to complain about after his disgraceful cakewalks and the weakest clay era of all time have allowed him to vulture multiple asterisked Slam titles.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this a joke? To me Novak looked like he had another gear, even with the 5 set scoreline. Apart from that match, Novak was quite convincing throughout. If this slam was his most unconvincing, it only goes to show how he has overcome tougher situations in his other ones.
Djokovic had no other gear to go to, because nobody in their right mind would be happy with just ONE break in the 5th Set of a slam final.
If Djokovic had the capacity to get a double-break, he would have, without a doubt.
Djokovic relied on Thiem's nerves, and that probably won't be enough next time....
I guess we'll find out at Wimbledon if Djokovic has anything left (we know he's hopeless vs. Rafa on clay based on the last 3 years, including the first ever bagel of their rivalry last year at Rome), and we know Federer and Djokovic is a 50/50 proposition at Wimbledon based on last year.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dull and his tards have no room to complain about after his disgraceful cakewalks and the weakest clay era of all time have allowed him to vulture multiple asterisked Slam titles.
Australian Open 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 8, 14, 16, 22, 28, unseeded
Australian Open 2019, Semi-finals = 1, 2, 14, 28

Roland Garros 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 24
Roland Garros 2019, Semi-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 4

Wimbledon 2019, Quarter-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 8, 21, 23, 26, unseeded
Wimbledon 2019, Semi-Finals = 1, 2, 3, 23

US Open 2019, Quarter-Finals = 2, 3, 5, 13, 20, 23, 24, unseeded
US Open 2019, Semi-finals = 2, 5, 24, unseeded

And the only top 8 seeds to miss the Roland Garros QF was Tsitsipas (lost to French Open Champ Wawrinka-24) and Del Potro (lost to rising star Khachanov-10).

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Is Thiem actually known for his clay stuff? Thiem averages no more than 2,63 games per set against eventual RG winner.

Now you will be thinking: 'that has to be wrong'.

It is not. It is actually even less: 2,625. The real RG contenders are dreaming of meeting Thiem.

Thiem has M1000 on HC.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Djokovic had no other gear to go to, because nobody in their right mind would be happy with just ONE break in the 5th Set of a slam final.
he was ONE break down most recently and it didn't bother him at all...but, that's a whole different story

·
|
15,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is Thiem actually known for his clay stuff? Thiem averages no more than 2,63 games per set against eventual RG winner.

Now you will be thinking: 'that has to be wrong'.

It is not. It is actually even less: 2,625. The real RG contenders are dreaming of meeting Thiem.

Thiem has M1000 on HC.
You may have missed it but Thiem made Roland Garros Finals in 2018 and 2019, and beat Djokovic twice at Roland Garros.
Made the Roland Garros SF in 2016 and 2017 too.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You may have missed it but Thiem made Roland Garros Finals in 2018 and 2019, and beat Djokovic twice at Roland Garros.
Made the Roland Garros SF in 2016 and 2017 too.
I have not missed anything. Those calculations are made by me. Thiem averages 2,625 games per set against eventual RG winner.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have not missed anything. Those calculations are made by me. Thiem averages 2,625 games per set against eventual RG winner.
That's because Rafa destroys Thiem, and there is no shame in that.
That's not a bad thing for Thiem, its just normal.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts