5161 - 5181 of 5212 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
79th title

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Poor match from Stef, Solid from Nole from the end of the 1st set.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Nole was on the other side, how in the blue hell would that be an easy pass? Is he twice as fast all of a sudden?
He was smack in the middle of the court and most players move better to their FH side

·
10,118 Posts
gotta say, had to cringe at this.
I cringe at every post you write. I cringe at someone who makes a ban bet on a world wide tennis forum. You backed out last minute.

One thing I guarantee is you won't quote this post.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
He was smack in the middle of the court and most players move better to their FH side

You need to watch his body weight, he is in the process of hedging over to the BH corner. And I'm actually mistaken. I thought Stef was a little cramped for the I/I. He wasnt. He could have burned him for a deep shot.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
You need to watch his body weight, he is in the process of hedging over to the BH corner. And I'm actually mistaken. I thought Stef was a little cramped for the I/I. He wasnt. He could have burned him for a deep shot.
He's hedging over to the BH corner because he sees Stef set up for an I/O approach. He was literally right in the middle of the Dubai sign coming off his split

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
He's hedging over to the BH corner because he sees Stef set up for an I/O approach. He was literally right in the middle of the Dubai sign coming off his split
I see your point, Novak is indeed central, but at this point Stef has not yet visibly for anyone else at that time set up a specific shot. If he came up slightly closer to the ball he could aswell be going for the I/I here.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
That point to get the first minibreak, wow.
That's the one I meant. If there will be a video somewhere I'll post it here so others can see it too. To do that on such a moment in the match is just so good.

Of course there's some obvious limitations in his game but his serve, net skills and also rapid movement for such a tall guy could get him close to top 100. Clay probably won't be a big success.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
He is not beating the kind of players he needs to beat to reach top 100.
Well, with a win in the final he will be just outside top 150 with no points to defend until June. And even after that, not many points to defend. He will make it imo. I also expect him to get some Wild Cards, maybe IW or Miami.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
That's the one I meant. If there will be a video somewhere I'll post it here so others can see it too. To do that on such a moment in the match is just so good.

Of course there's some obvious limitations in his game but his serve, net skills and also rapid movement for such a tall guy could get him close to top 100. Clay probably won't be a big success.
I just want Cressy vs Nadal in the first round of Wimbledon. I'd pay to see that.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Hilarious how far Rafa stands to return, never watched much of Taylor Fritz but wondering if he could not serve and volley from time to time, that's what you got to do.

5161 - 5181 of 5212 Posts