Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3557 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please use this thread for live commentary during ATP Cup, Doha, Adelaide through Australian Open.

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys I need some help... Im watching Tsisipas Shapa and Im wondering if this is really Indoor? From what I see the sides are open?
Everywhere I look they write that the ATP Cup is an Indoor event. But is this not some sort of outdoor/indoor mixture? :unsure:
Brisbane doesn't have a complete roof; it is more like a large gazebo. Some rain still can penetrate the sides.
Sydney I'm not sure. I am going next week to watch live the ARG vs AUT and the QF likely featuring Nadal. They may or may not close the roof.

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops blooper there, it's like Shapo misjudged the bounce off the mishit return.

recovers though to win the set. Too erratic from Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
well, darcis won but that was painul. if the captain was smart and had a choice coppejans would be the number 2 going forward. that was simply awul. a level of bad that made eyes bleed. cozbinov has no weapons whatsoever and still pushed darcis to the brink. they'll be obliterated in their other matches. . belgium now has no choice but to go 3-0 in the group. there's no chance in hell at best 2nd place team after that

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, darcis won but that was painul. if the captain was smart and had a choice coppejans would be the number 2 going forward. that was simply awul. a level of bad that made eyes bleed. cozbinov has no weapons whatsoever and still pushed darcis to the brink. they'll be obliterated in their other matches. . belgium now has no choice but to go 3-0 in the group. there's no chance in hell at best 2nd place team after that
where is goffin?
EDIT: oh you mean 2nd person.

you shouldn't count BEL out yet. If Goffin finds balls to beat Dimitrov, then it's open, and Andy isn't playing.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
where is goffin?
EDIT: oh you mean 2nd person.

you shouldn't count BEL out yet. If Goffin finds balls to beat Dimitrov, then it's open, and Andy isn't playing.
he will be playing their next match. in theory he should be able to win the next one. and should win his match against britain. belgium needs to top the group if they want to advance though. this is a win but number o games lost means it'll be next to impossible to be one of the 2 the best 2nd ranked teams

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Greek fans have been silenced a bit. Their shout sounds like 'punta, punta' must be some word in Greek. Those lefty serves are on point today.

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shapovalov is such a nightmarish match up for tsitsipas
the lefty serve really (and in general a relative weak pt for Stefanos is the ROS)

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Difference in group's level is weird. Spain, Japan without Nishikori, Georgia, Uruguay. And on the other hand we have Canada, Greece, Germany, Australia.
indeed, unfortunate JPN didn't pull out beforehand but yeah they banked on Kei being ok (who withdrew from AO as well). Nadal will get through with ease but for few pts due to easy competition. On the bright side, I will most likely get to see Nadal in the QF when I visit the Cup.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Will teams play doubles match if this is 2-0 after singles?
Probably yes, it counts towards whether you're through as one of the two best runners-up in the group

·
Registered
22,387 Posts
he will be playing their next match. in theory he should be able to win the next one. and should win his match against britain. belgium needs to top the group if they want to advance though. this is a win but number o games lost means it'll be next to impossible to be one of the 2 the best 2nd ranked teams
I haven't checked the tiebreakers but wouldn't matches and sets be before games? In the Davis Cup Argentina advanced as the 2nd best 2nd place team at 3-3, meaning of 6 teams who finished 2nd place 5 of them either lost a match in the tie they won(2-1) or got swept in the tie they lost(0-3), and that's before you even get to sets, let alone games. 1 set lost in a match they won hardly eliminates them if they go 2-1.

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
huge hold for Denis. Some massive serves on BPs but overall his first striking really did the work to deny Tssitsipas, who is less effective when forced to scramble in no man's land.

·
52,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where can i find deeper stats on this ATP Cup (winners, unforced errors...)?
Not always supplied on the main atp website. Tennistv sometimes shows an info graphic.

1 - 20 of 3557 Posts