Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
微信图片_20200222184458.jpg

Medium field, tough draw for Tsitsipas who naturally draws Hurkacz in R2 again ? Easy half for Djokovic, good draw for him to shake off the rust.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Medium field, tough draw for Tsitsipas who naturally draws Hurkacz in R2 again ? Easy half for Djokovic, good draw for him to shake off the rust.
Kohlschreiber beat Joker at IW last year and took a set off him at Monte Carlo. So, a potential banana skin there.

But otherwise, yes, definitely a good draw for Novak.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Lopsided draw, ugh.

Are they trying to go for record Tsitsipas/Hurkacz matches? Jeez

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
PR plays Q, right next to them, Monfils plays Fucsovics... why tennis world, why.

·
The special one
14,387 Posts
Good draw for Novak. The 3 players that I thought were Novaks biggest threat (Tsitsi, RBA, Rublev) are all in the bottom half.

I'll go with Rublev to make the final and Evans to beat Fognini.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tsitsi could lose to Busta imo, especially if Stefanos will make it into the final in Marseille.

·
11,094 Posts
The Greek to win and destroy the rest of the field.

Djokovic vs. Tsitsipas final with the greek winning in 3.

·
Registered
16,925 Posts
Kohlschreiber beat Joker at IW last year and took a set off him at Monte Carlo. So, a potential banana skin there.
That IW version was the worst he ever played on hardcourt including his AO '17 performance.
Kohlschreiber should not pose any threat in his form since last spring and in Djokovic's current form.

I have a feeling Tsitsipas will reach the final easily.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
That IW version was the worst he ever played on hardcourt including his AO '17 performance.
Kohlschreiber should not pose any threat in his form since last spring and in Djokovic's current form.

I have a feeling Tsitsipas will reach the final easily.
I kind of agree, but Kohli's still a tricky opponent for round of 16.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the discussion should be aboue whether or how much Djokovic is serious about winning this tournament. I think he's been paid a huge amount of money to appear in the event and the prize money of the tournament is so good for a 500 tournament, right? I used to mistake the tournament for a 1000 because of the outrageously big prize money along with the Beijin tournament.
He hasn't played a match since the AO, so he might be a bit rusty in the first couple of rounds, but if he gets through them, he will be fine. It's only a matter of how much he wants the title. Nothing else factors in.

·
Registered
21,785 Posts
I kind of agree, but Kohli's still a tricky opponent for round of 16.
He’s not anymore. Kohli has been playing challenger level tennis for the last 8-9 months or so and he’s been losing them as well until recently where he won one. That’s why he’s currently ranked #81.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts