Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Very disrespecful words about Srebrenica genocide from Handke. This is against the values why Nobel prize was created.
I'm not surprised Kosovo and Sarajevo declared him as 'persona non grata'.

I'm also disappointed that our Polish Nobel prize winner didn't want to say anything about it. She's against nationalism and very critical about our current rulling government. Her account on twitter also blocks almost every supporter of this political party.

·
justice for all
16,795 Posts
It's all disgraceful but belles-lettres shouldn't be mixed up with politics in the first place irrespective of ones opinions, that's what I think.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Very disrespecful words about Srebrenica genocide from Handke. This is against the values why Nobel prize was created.
I'm not surprised Kosovo and Sarajevo declared him as 'persona non grata'.

I'm also disappointed that our Polish Nobel prize winner didn't want to say anything about it. She's against nationalism and very critical about our current rulling government. Her account on twitter also blocks almost every supporter of this political party.
Nobel Prize can't really be taken seriously anymore anyway with the little autist media phenomenon string puppet almost winning. And I know you would have loved that? Handke is a smart guy though.

Well, she can't block the government can she? Seems like a real gem this lady when it comes to freedom of speech and opinion.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Handke won Literature Nobel prize, not the other crap awarded by Norwegian parliament. His political views are of no relevance whatsoever in regard to the merits of the literature he produces. Not that Literature Nobel is exactly relevant in determining who is a worthy writer but still...

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Nobel Prize can't really be taken seriously anymore anyway with the little autist media phenomenon string puppet almost winning. And I know you would have loved that? Handke is a smart guy though.

Well, she can't block the government can she? Seems like a real gem this lady when it comes to freedom of speech and opinion.
Nobel in Peace is an utter laughing stock. I mean, they gave it to Barak Hussein Obama -worst POTUS in living memory- before he even started his presidency ffs... Arafat (a terrorist), Menchú (a scammer),... just gotta laugh at that farse. A random mountain chimp would be worthier than any of the above for the prize.

·
Administrator
9,539 Posts
It’s Peter Handke, what else do you expect? He’s a bigger Serbiatard than all those we have on here times ten. He’s been even ridiculously defending Serbian war crimes back then in the 90ies telling it’s the right of the Yugoslavian regime to maintain peace.

Don’t get me wrong, I love his writings and his lambent comments on anything but politics. He has written a fantastic book on the holiness of your own toilet and how spiritual taking a dump can be, hence maybe in this light that reply was made. However, unjustifiable as usual when he’s on the balkan wars from a western point

·
RAVE ON
19,559 Posts
Did he accept? Wikipedia says that in 2014 he called the Nobel Prize a circus and called for it to be abolished.

I guess he is the Lindsay Graham of belles lettres.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Not surprised that he is Austrian.
Usurpers of Central Europe and Netherlands + Italy back then, now defiant "neutrals", but this bad Habsburg mentality of defending our absolute worst enemies (in this case Bosnian Serbs) for pure sympathy.

Despicable bunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts