Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

What a viewpoint. Wow.

Seeing it at this level makes one appreciate almost each aspect of the game even more, from the conditions, to the quality of serve and return, to movement, to half volleys, you name it. Even the gasps, oohs and ahhs from the fans. And no annoying commentators.

Hopefully this video does not get taken down. Kudos to the video creator.

Wow,
masterclass

·
justice for all
15,104 Posts
Yeah, great footage. I wish there were more matches streamed with that camera angle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Watching from this angle makes you realize how fast-paced the game is and how top players hug the baseline to half-volley everything.

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
Interesting to see another type of court view for a different perspective but overall as a whole, I definitely rather the original camera angle we see on TV and commentators add an extra spice to the match personally, but that’s just my opinion

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The O2 "standard" camera angle for tennis has been rather notoriously known for having a skewed perspective, rather positioned, far back, then zoomed in, making the court look small, one of the worst, if not the worst of any tournament, that makes it appear like the conditions and pace are so slow. It has been a topic at this tournament for the last 10 years. The Basel view is pretty ideal and gives a good representation of pace and trajectory.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, though I like the view in the video, I would prefer it a little higher (1-2 meters) to eliminate the linesman from blocking the view and maybe a bit better perspective on the other side of the court. :)

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: giridhar

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
A fine & dandy perspective & nice accompIishment for Fed but the Serbinator is saIivating for a Iong awaited AO rematch vs current 'GOAT' to make it a trifecta at majors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts