Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: 2018 FITD Manager's Thread - Another season! Manager's pick!

I'd like to cancel my commitment to Stockholm because I'll be very busy that week.

If no one wants to take Shenzhen, I can run it next week along with Chengdu.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts

Do we have anyone to manage next week (Beijing and Tokyo)?

I can do one of them if needed, but can't do both since I'm already managing paw and tt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Only Moscow, Basel, and Milan NextGen Finals have still no managers until off-season, I think.
Sadly, I'm unavailable to run any of them. :awww:

·
Administrator
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the help. :)

I will take Basel. So that leaves just Moscow and NextGen Finals.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

As far as I know, the ranking points of the positions they share are added up and divided by the number of players sharing the position, e.g. in Quito ICIA and gux share 6th and 7th place, therefore they will get (68+56)/2=62 points each.
Yes, this is correct :)
Can this rule be amended in the off-season? Honestly, it's just unfair to give less points to players than they rightfully earned just because another player shares the rank with them. It's more like punishing both than rewarding either. We already have tiebreakers, I believe that's enough. The TF FITD ranking point distribution for ties is much better.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts

Can this rule be amended in the off-season? Honestly, it's just unfair to give less points to players than they rightfully earned just because another player shares the rank with them. It's more like punishing both than rewarding either. We already have tiebreakers, I believe that's enough. The TF FITD ranking point distribution for ties is much better.
I disagree. You don't get ranking points in this game for achieving a certain number of points but for being better than the other players.
Therefore, it should obviously make a difference, if you are better than everyone or better than everyone besides one other player.
You just weren't as good as in the case when you are lone winner.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts

I disagree. You don't get ranking points in this game for achieving a certain number of points but for being better than the other players.
Therefore, it should obviously make a difference, if you are better than everyone or better than everyone besides one other player.
You just weren't as good as in the case when you are lone winner.
I agree here.
You get 250 points if you beat everyone. When you tie in first place, yu have not beaten everyone.
It is somewhere in between 1st and 2nd place, and that's consistent with the scoring system.

It's an uncommon thing since tennis itself does not allow ties, but in any other sport you don't get the same points when you beat someone as when you tie

·
Administrator
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Re: 2018 FITD Manager's Thread - Under Construction...

Code:
[B]ATP World Tour Finals[/B]
1 -- 500	9 --- 39
2 -- 300	10 -- 32	 
3 --- 220	11 -- 27	
4 --- 150	12 -- 22	
5 --- 100	13 -- 20	
6 --- 75	14 -- 18	
7 --- 62	15 -- 16
8 --- 50  16 -- 15
Something along these lines, maybe?

@ESPNGEEK - Just a reminder that this is the ranking points that should be awarded for the NextGenFinals.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

@ESPNGEEK - Just a reminder that this is the ranking points that should be awarded for the NextGenFinals.
With the NextGenFinals now awarding points and only those ranked 17-32 participating, there could be a case where someone ranked 17-20 might play as an alternate and also have their draw counted in the ATP World Tour Finals (of course, that only happens if one of the top 16 does not submit their draw). If this happens, what ranking points should count? I'm thinking that player should only earn ranking points from the result that earns them the highest number of points

·
Administrator
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

With the NextGenFinals now awarding points and only those ranked 17-32 participating, there could be a case where someone ranked 17-20 might play as an alternate and also have their draw counted in the ATP World Tour Finals (of course, that only happens if one of the top 16 does not submit their draw). If this happens, what ranking points should count? I'm thinking that player should only earn ranking points from the result that earns them the highest number of points
I think they should have to pick which event they should play. Nobody else gets the opportunity to play both, so that's not really fair.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Re: 2018 FITD Manager's Thread - Need managers for Moscow and NextGen Finals!

I think the tournaments should be played this way:

First:
For the NextGen Finals (Milan) any MTF player can compete, regardless of their Race rankings. The Manager updates the FITD results for all the participants, but after the tournament ends, no one gets his ranking points yet, and the FITD ranking is not updated.

Second:
For the ATP Finals (London), any MTF player can compete, regardless of their Race ranking. But, once the tournament starts, the Manager selects, from the MTF players, just the Top 16 players in the Race rankings, and "discards" the other players. The Manager updates the FITD results just for the 16 selected participants. After the tournament ends, the Manager gives the ranking points to those 16 participants.

Third:
The Manager "comes back" to the NextGen Finals Management, he "discards" the 16 MTF participants of the ATP Finals in London, he "selects" the next 16 best player from the Race ranking, and then "discards" the rest of the participants. Once the 16 participants are selected, the Manager gives the ranking points to those 16 participants.

Fourth:
The FITD ranking Manager, after the ATP Finals (London) ends, updates the FITD ranking for the 32 different players: the 16 players in London, and the 16 players in Milan the week prior.

I think this system has all the "desired" requirements:
-32 differents players get points for the rankings.
-Among the participants of both tournaments, only the Top 32 in the Race will get points.
-Players who play in both tournaments don't get the "best result" points, but get the points from the tournament where he "deserved" to be.
-Players "just outside" the Top 16 that compete in both tournaments will get the points from the "correct" tournament: if there isn't any withdrawal in London, he will get the Milan Points, but with some withdrawals in London, he will get London Points.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Re: 2018 FITD Manager's Thread - Need managers for Moscow and NextGen Finals!

With the FITD Finals going on, this seems to be about the right moment in the season to thank all those that took the time and effort to manage/host any FITD games, so: Thanks a lot, all!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts