Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 4978 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
He can certainly win New Hampshire, but I don't think that will matter much. Clinton won NH last time and it didn't help her then.

His best chance is either Cruz or Trump starting to run away with the rep. nomination, nullifying Clinton's argument that he can't win the actual election. Against Rubio many dems will probably reason that they need Clinton to have a shot.
Could be but he does adress what matters to the voters that have been stripped of their chances and money,

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Why all this fuzz over who wins the election in the United Plutocracy of America, with its one-party system?

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
What do you know about Sanders?
Sanders is never ever going to win. And even if he did, I doubt he would be able to take down the system.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
No one has guts to be a leader.. Nothing will change whoever wins..

Reactions: Dmitry Verdasco

·
21,309 Posts
Why all this fuzz over who wins the election in the United Plutocracy of America, with its one-party system?
Because, no matter how much people like you and me dislike it, the president of the USA plays a big role not just on the USA itself, but on the entire world.

Directly, because someone like Sanders has the potential to no indulge in as many wars as the Republicans and Clinton would. He could potentially prevent the TTIP, promote renewable's, etc.

Indirectly, because we have enough of the western European leaders sucking up to the US. On the other side, we have plenty of developing countries(like India) who are going the "US way" and taking their economy down the same path the US is on. If someone can potentially change the plutocratic nature of the US, that would have an effect on global policy(eventually), not just on that in the US.

·
21,309 Posts
Sanders is never ever going to win. And even if he did, I doubt he would be able to take down the system.
Agreed. Even if he wins, he isn't going to be able to change everything in 4 years. Or 8 years. But the point is that he could(whether he wins or not) set the seeds for changing the system. Reagan and Thatcher's policies changed the form of governance of the world. They didn't do it overnight, but eventually their policies made a difference everywhere, as is evident from the current tilt towards neoliberalism. There is no reason that Sanders and Corbyn couldn't start the change in the other direction.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Because, no matter how much people like you and me dislike it, the president of the USA plays a big role not just on the USA itself, but on the entire world.

Directly, because someone like Sanders has the potential to no indulge in as many wars as the Republicans and Clinton would. He could potentially prevent the TTIP, promote renewable's, etc.

Indirectly, because we have enough of the western European leaders sucking up to the US. On the other side, we have plenty of developing countries(like India) who are going the "US way" and taking their economy down the same path the US is on. If someone can potentially change the plutocratic nature of the US, that would have an effect on global policy(eventually), not just on that in the US.
I agree about the potentially good effects and would love to see Sanders win, but it's simply not going to happen. For instance, on Betfair he currently has a 7,4% chance to be elected.

Unless a miracle happens, it's just going to be the same old, same old. However, it's great that he is scoring so well with young people, perhaps that bodes well for the future.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
I agree about the potentially good effects and would love to see Sanders win, but it's simply not going to happen. For instance, on Betfair he currently has a 7,4% chance to be elected.

Unless a miracle happens, it's just going to be the same old, same old. However, it's great that he is scoring so well with young people, perhaps that bodes well for the future.
7,4% is not to be scoffed at. We've seen a lot of tennis results where the winner had less than that, I'm sure I won't have to remind you of them.

If he gets elected, though, you're of course right he won't be able to drive anything through congress. But he would have a big impact on foreign policy.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

If you are not brave enough to change on your own, what makes you think you can change by relying on others in another country? The whole world knows many polices need to be fixed.. No one who is able or who could try should wait for powerful countries to change first..

·
21,309 Posts
If you are not brave enough to change on your own, what makes you think you can change by relying on others in another country? The whole world knows many polices need to be fixed. No one who is able or who could try should wait for powerful countries to change first..
I'm not advocating relying on other countries or waiting for them to change first. But just because you don't do either of those two things doesn't mean you can just ignore the influence of the hegemonic powers. Just wishing away their influence isn't going to work. We live in a globalized world and international relations affect countries' local policies.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
It may not be a big deal to people in other continents but it would be pretty scary if Ted Cruz became President and changed my countries national anthem to some Justin Beiber song or My Heart Will Go On. No thank you

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I'm not advocating relying on other countries or waiting for them to change first. But just because you don't do either of those two things doesn't mean you can just ignore the influence of the hegemonic powers. Just wishing away their influence isn't going to work. We live in a globalized world and international relations affect countries' local policies.
Those responsible for mess won't change a policy or a system they gain billions out of it.. They might change it to take more not less..

·
Your visions will happen
48,576 Posts
Awesome debate last night, really pulled no punches. Probably the best debate I've seen all this election season. They really hate each other.

Sanders was excellent on everything except foreign policy, and Hillary Clinton was....Hillary Clinton :eek: Shady, untrustworthy, but experienced, sure.

He can certainly win New Hampshire, but I don't think that will matter much. Clinton won NH last time and it didn't help her then.

His best chance is either Cruz or Trump starting to run away with the rep. nomination, nullifying Clinton's argument that he can't win the actual election. Against Rubio many dems will probably reason that they need Clinton to have a shot.
Shame how it comes down to who will win in November instead of who is the best for the country. I am a Sanders guy, but I am almost at the point of preferring Trump over Clinton.

So cynical and so clueless about something you know nothing about.

More deluded cynicism. This is exactly what Sanders is talking about when he talks about people being disillusioned with the current corrupt political system.

Sanders was like 0.74% or so like 6-8 months ago, and Clinton's odds have shortened quite a bit in the last few months, so anything can happen.

7,4% is not to be scoffed at. We've seen a lot of tennis results where the winner had less than that, I'm sure I won't have to remind you of them.

If he gets elected, though, you're of course right he won't be able to drive anything through congress. But he would have a big impact on foreign policy.
Foreign policy is actually Sanders' only weak point. I do think he will be able to drive the narrative to get troops out of the Middle East, but without a Congress, it will be difficult to pass things. If Sanders wins I do hope the Dems win at least more of the Congress so things can get done easier. Keep Hillary as Sec. of State as well, if not VP. Sanders is 73 we must remember.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
What is Clinton experienced in? Turning North African countries into failed states stuck in perpetual civil war? Lying about herself? Claiming to have come under fire from snipers in Bosnia? Taking donations from corporations to do their bidding?

·
Registered
587 Posts
What is Clinton experienced in? Turning North African countries into failed states stuck in perpetual civil war? Lying about herself? Claiming to have come under fire from snipers in Bosnia? Taking donations from corporations to do their bidding?

seems a 2faced kind of experience. she is too old in her ideas and the money is too dear to her to be a genuine leader of a nation that has been great but lost it .

Sanders seems to have a more realistic view and knows that most people want a better chance to live and prosper .
He isnt arrogant despite the knowledge he has . Would benefit the US a lot as his ideas are proven elsewhere already .
The best countries to live in year on year in the world use them...

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
So cynical and so clueless about something you know nothing about.
Not sure you may understand our stance. We – truly Europeans, defender of the Paneuropean civilization against blunt Americanism and militant Islam – couldn't be more cynical. It is like John Lennon had become so deluded in his later life that he wrote Power to the people and Imagine (he became a delusional idealist who strifed to achieve popularity on the wave of such "mind games") as Americans tend to become lunatic when their future is at stake.

More deluded cynicism. This is exactly what Sanders is talking about when he talks about people being disillusioned with the current corrupt political system.
Not sure how an _independent_ Jew will have enough balls to withstand the Zionist lobby that has been ruling the American government since 1916.
Good luck with that to Bernie. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Reactions: acacacacademy

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Not sure you may understand our stance. We – truly Europeans, defender of the Paneuropean civilization against blunt Americanism and militant Islam – couldn't be more cynical. It is like John Lennon had become so deluded in his later life that he wrote Power to the people and Imagine (he became a delusional idealist who strifed to achieve popularity on the wave of such "mind games") as Americans tend to become lunatic when their future is at stake.
Not sure how an _independent_ Jew will have enough balls to withstand the Zionist lobby that has been ruling the American government since 1916.
Good luck with that to Bernie. :haha: :haha: :haha:
lol, of course Johnny won't understand what you're talking about at all, not because he's ignorant but because the cultures are so much different.

oh yes, irony and cynicism are genetic traits in Mitteleuropa. Endemic. That, and black/dark humor.

I lean to the right, but you sound even more right than Jobbik :devil:

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
lol, of course Johnny won't understand what you're talking about at all, not because he's ignorant but because the cultures are so much different.

oh yes, irony and cynicism are genetic traits in Mitteleuropa. Endemic. That, and black/dark humor.
I am not cynical though, just trying to state the obvious.
Still, on American forums it is met with rigid rebuff even if I try to be constructive.
Somehow if they would perceive how much the current American political elite has betrayed the core principles of the Founding Fathers they could behave different. But they are blind intellectually.

I lean to the right, but you sound even more right than Jobbik :devil:
I am a liberal/centrist in principle, but a rightist in practice.
With that bearing in mind, I never supported Jobbik's antisemitic and condemning-foreigners-for-all-that-cursed-us-in-the-last-500-years agenda. Also not much to say about Israel and the Palestinian crisis.

I am highly critical of American Jews and their far reaching hands though.
"Communism" did the most harm to Europe in 20th century, as mindless liberalism and disguised Zionism to the USA.
The difference is we stopped believing in that not so long ago, while the Muricans are still at their agenda... with unforeseeable consequences.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I am not cynical though, just trying to state the obvious.
Still, on American forums it is met with rigid rebuff even if I try to be constructive.
Somehow if they would perceive how much the current American political elite has betrayed the core principles of the Founding Fathers they could behave different. But they are blind intellectually.
can you recommend a good American forum to discuss politics? I have never done that with Americans

261 - 280 of 4978 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.