Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
Ok guys so I've been thinking things over overnight.

I can't deny I enjoyed running the game so...

My proposal is to start the game over from new starting from the Australian Open, in the following format, which is how the game started with @trucul running it:
:clap2:
first of all, thanks to you, @trucul on WinStreak's come back from Melbourne.

secondly i was moved to know that you weighed things over and over. your dedication to the developing game reminds me of a plant, an alpine Edelweiß.

lastly, the basic concept of the game is the beauty of simplicity. so may be the scoring system as i see. let me explain my experience in this attraction.

basically, i am more interested in developing my forecast ability than in ranking standing. this game is an excellent training tool for a vBet player apprentice, that is me. toward the end of last December, i started to win some bets on underdogs, that i owe to our WinStreak game. hope this experience of a newbie may carry some meaning to you.

thanks again, Lukela. your this post has me like WinStreak even more. and i am sure it will help me grow further for a better vBet player.

:yeah:

·
Administrator
18,212 Posts
With the 6 other tournaments, I think it should be more than that. There's well over 20 weeks of 250/500

Also what do you give for points in a week where there's a 250 and a 500?

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
With the 6 other tournaments, I think it should be more than that. There's well over 20 weeks of 250/500

Also what do you give for points in a week where there's a 250 and a 500?

The ranking system copies the system used by the ATP. In weeks where there is a 250 & 500 I'd use the matches from the 500 only.

·
21,304 Posts
Don´t make it so complicated! Don´t do a change!
+1

If you want to include different types of matches(ex. with handicaps), that's fine. But the idea should be about getting streaks. A streak of 4 should be the same at any time. If you take it tournament at a time, what happens to a streak across two tournaments? Surely a streak of 7 across two 250's is tougher than a streak of 4 at (the beginning) of a grand slam.

IMO, it should not be tournament dependent.

The simplicity of the game made it attractive. That's what made it different from other games on the forum.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
+1

If you want to include different types of matches(ex. with handicaps), that's fine. But the idea should be about getting streaks. A streak of 4 should be the same at any time. If you take it tournament at a time, what happens to a streak across two tournaments? Surely a streak of 7 across two 250's is tougher than a streak of 4 at (the beginning) of a grand slam.

IMO, it should not be tournament dependent.

The simplicity of the game made it attractive. That's what made it different from other games on the forum.

I take your point however games like TT & ST reward more points for same length streaks. So, for example, in ST you earn considerably more points for getting 5 consecutive picks in a 1000 vs a 250.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I've added a new thread in the TWS sub-forum to explain how the new format works. The link is here. I'll put a thread up for the Australian Open in the next couple of days. Please post here or there if you have any questions.

·
21,304 Posts
What happens if my streak carries over from one tournament to another?

If this happens your streak will continue at the scoring level from where it started. So if your streak started at a Grand Slam and continued into an ATP 250 tournament you would continue to score points as if it was still a Grand Slam.
This absolutely has to change. Given the points distrubution this could lead to some downright ridiculous results.

Player A: 4 match streak on Day 1, 2, 3, 4 of Grand Slam: 200 points
Player B: 9 match streak: Day 1, 2, 3 on 250. And next 6 days on a grand slam: 180 points

i.e. Player B had a streak more than DOUBLE that of Player A, but got less points than Player A. It's even funnier when you see that A's streak was, in fact, a sub streak of Player B's.

--

It's your game, so I'll let you decide the rules.
But if you have different points for streaks in different tournaments, such scenarios will always be possible for inter-tournament streaks.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This absolutely has to change. Given the points distrubution this could lead to some downright ridiculous results.

Player A: 4 match streak on Day 1, 2, 3, 4 of Grand Slam: 200 points
Player B: 9 match streak: Day 1, 2, 3 on 250. And next 6 days on a grand slam: 180 points

i.e. Player B had a streak more than DOUBLE that of Player A, but got less points than Player A. It's even funnier when you see that A's streak was, in fact, a sub streak of Player B's.

--

It's your game, so I'll let you decide the rules.
But if you have different points for streaks in different tournaments, such scenarios will always be possible for inter-tournament streaks.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've decided to go back to one single scoring system to keep it simpler.

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out. I've decided to go back to one single scoring system to keep it simpler.
:yeah:
a good decision.

as @Pratik suggests, our WinStreak's beauty lies in the simplicity, which makes it outstand among MTF games.

remember it is the simplest but very deep. it has entertained variety of MTFers, from our power players like Litotes, Pratik, rjd, to name a few, to a beginner like me. it seems to come from an excellent basic concept of Winstreak, the naming being also so attractive.

the longer we keep playing, the more will come play and enjoy it, i am sure. :D

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
I am happy to play on , it is to my liking !!!!
Sorry by my poor english.
:D
oh, rjd.:hug:

yes, your words are so powerful,honestly.
the sincerity and the love of this WinStreak do flow out from your post here as a full stream. it is really heart-stirring.

it even makes me proud to share the likings of this lukela's creation with you, rjd.

:cheerleader:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts